Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

For Those That Like A Good Whinge..............

Sad i know but with the window now shut i thought i would take a look on TWTD mainly due to their total lack of transfer activity. Anybody who is a Negative Nancy could learn so much as there is everything on there from season tickets being returned to trying to work out how we managed to sign Maddison to Ip5wich the uncomfortable truth. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Sad i know but with the window now shut i thought i would take a look on TWTD mainly due to their total lack of transfer activity. Anybody who is a Negative Nancy could learn so much as there is everything on there from season tickets being returned to trying to work out how we managed to sign Maddison to Ip5wich the uncomfortable truth. [:D][/quote]Not sad at all, its a brilliant read!And, as you say, folks who whine on here would do well to have a read and really see what its like to support a shart football team, spiralling towards administration( again).

If ever I''m feeling fed up I always go on there, it''s hilarious.  I did see that amidst all the stuff that Till mentioned, their ''history'' was mentioned yet again....................[:(]

Don''t find wallowing in other people''s mis-fortune particuarly fun.  However, they are a sad reflection if what they once were, as are Coventry and quite a few other clubs.   We were fortunate in 2009 - just savvy enough to stave off the debt crisis and get a CEO with a bit of clout and we turned the corner.   Many others haven''t. We were lucky - lucky we have DS/MJW and the stability they gave the club at it''s most dangerous time.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Don''t find wallowing in other people''s mis-fortune particuarly fun.[/quote]Well that''s me put in my place then but can i just remind you Lakey that this is The Scum i was talking about so i really don''t care what you think.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]Don''t find wallowing in other people''s mis-fortune particuarly fun.[/quote]Well that''s me put in my place then but can i just remind you Lakey that this is The Scum i was talking about so i really don''t care what you think.[/quote]

Wasn''t attempting to "put you in your place".  Just giving my opinion. Would rather see Ipswich give us a decent local rivalry, than on the course they are on at the moment. 

Do you visit TWTD Lakey?

Some of the bilge,hatred and jealousy directed towards our Club on a daily basis is beyond belief.

Even our defeat (easy as it was) of them in the play-offs is still brought up as them being unlucky. Even now.

Today''s utterance:

"The goal they scored at PR was offside.

At Carrot Road, they were useless until Berra got sent off. Playing against ten men had to make them the favourites.

If Boro hadn''t been so useless in the play off final, Norwich would have struggled there too".

Berra was sent off stopping a certain goal to my recollection..

[quote user="lake district canary"]Would rather see Ipswich give us a decent local rivalry, than on the course they are on at the moment.[/quote]For that to happen they would have to become successful - and no self-respecting City fan would ever wish them success. Get a grip man!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Do you visit TWTD Lakey?[/quote]

Rarely.  A good local rivalry with derbies on an equal level is imo something that is good for the club - some of the best matches ever, have been against them.  The 9-1, the results last season etc etc.  Would never want them to better than us, but certainly don''t like the course they appear to be on at the moment.  That they show bitterness on their message board is up to them.  This one isn''t much better sometimes.......

We are the pride of East Anglia and they are the charity and local businesses shafting scum. Schadenfreude is perfectly acceptable where they are concerned. Whoever they play I want the scum to receive a thorough thrashing.

''Going down with the Town''

"That they show bitterness on their message board is up to them. This one isn''t much better sometimes......."

''Sometimes'' being the operative word. Occasionally, yes.

It''s a daily hate rant on there and somebody labelled it "The Unofficial PinkUn" as so much is devoted to our Club.

A lot of venomous nonsense.

It has rekindled my rivalry for sure. This went dormant for decades once I grew up. Now I just wish them all the worst.

I see Lakey''s point actually. Playing the ball and not the man, and all that.

Would I want them in the Prem? No, we would never hear the end of it.

Would I want them liquidated? No, I think they would take a small part of our identity with them.

I would be happy with a cup match against them from time to time, and they can try (and fail) to be the plucky giant killers.

The sooner that club "does a Portsmouth" the better

I''ll dance on Ipswich towns grave, it will be hilarious.

Their fans can fulfill their wannabe cockney fantasies and become West Ham fans or something.

You guys know I''m not a stat guy especially, but I always this one around with me

In the last 6 games we''ve scored 16 goals against them. 16!

They''ve scored 4. That''s FOUR!

That works out at 2.66 goals a game for us and pff... Excuse me lol... 0.66 goals a game for them...

And they still think it''s "all a fluke" and we "got lucky"

Bitterest.wanabe.cockneys.ever haha! Love it!

Loved it when Bradley Johnson nearly broke the net as well...

The biggest stat for me Bor is that of those 6 games, we won all 4 league games and also won the play-off semi over the 2 legs. 

As Darren Eadie said before the play-off semi, it was the biggest derby encounter for decades and will still be remembered in 20 or 30 years time.  And we beat them comfortably.

Personally I''d not want them to be liquidated.... relegated to non-league would be ok.  I''m not harsh, but it''s what they deserve.

For a whinge twice the scale of this you should go to the Villa boards lol.

There is bit of momentum gathering for a protest on Saturday when we play them. Their protest ideas are ranging from

1. Not attending

2. Going into ground after 15 minutes

3. Waving white handkerchiefs

4. They appear to have some double halved scarves, one half saying proud history other saying bright future. They plan to cut them in half and throw the bright future half onto the pitch.

Hope those going dont all help them with some Paul Lambert songs lol