Sign in to follow this  
unique

Point(s) expectations for next two games?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief?? [/quote]There''s unrealistic expectations - as adopted by LDC and a minority of others - and there''s realistic expectations for the rest of us.Still, good to see Morty and LDC singing from the same hymn sheet for a change...[:D][/quote]

So in that case, if we by chance win these two games it will be beyond expectations......or maybe it would be a sign that we are actually doing what we set out to do?    

[quote user="Indy"]I would pay £10 to PUPS to see you do that Bor..........come on City![/quote]Only a tenner ? [:(] If we get six points in the next two games I''ll happily donate £25 to PUPS and if Bor carries out his threat/promise I''ll whack it up to £100.Y''know I''m feeling so generous and if it makes it easier he can choose a pint of any body fluid or mixture thereof....[:^)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief?? [/quote]There''s unrealistic expectations - as adopted by LDC and a minority of others - and there''s realistic expectations for the rest of us.Still, good to see Morty and LDC singing from the same hymn sheet for a change...[:D][/quote]

So in that case, if we by chance win these two games it will be beyond expectations......or maybe it would be a sign that we are actually doing what we set out to do?    [/quote]It will certainly be beyond my expectations.Hence my PUPS offer above.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief??

[/quote]There''s unrealistic expectations - as adopted by LDC and a minority of others - and there''s realistic expectations for the rest of us.Still, good to see Morty and LDC singing from the same hymn sheet for a change...[:D]

[/quote]Oh you[;)]I think we can beat Liverpool, and maybe get a point against Spurs. Thats reasonable realism Smithy, 6 points is just blind optimism.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief??

[/quote]There''s unrealistic expectations - as adopted by LDC and a minority of others - and there''s realistic expectations for the rest of us.Still, good to see Morty and LDC singing from the same hymn sheet for a change...[:D]

[/quote]Oh you[;)]I think we can beat Liverpool, and maybe get a point against Spurs. Thats reasonable realism Smithy, 6 points is just blind optimism.[/quote]I still think 4 points is unreasonable realism Morty but so was my unreasonable expectation that you and LDC were in agreement  [;)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief??

[/quote]Oh you[;)]I think we can beat Liverpool, and maybe get a point against Spurs. Thats reasonable realism Smithy, 6 points is just blind optimism.[/quote]I still think 4 points is unreasonable realism Morty but so was my unreasonable expectation that you and LDC were in agreement  [;)][/quote]I think the script is written for Naismith to get the winner tomorrow.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Indy"]I would pay £10 to PUPS to see you do that Bor..........come on City![/quote]Only a tenner ? [:(] If we get six points in the next two games I''ll happily donate £25 to PUPS and if Bor carries out his threat/promise I''ll whack it up to £100.Y''know I''m feeling so generous and if it makes it easier he can choose a pint of any body fluid or mixture thereof....[:^)][/quote]

OK, I''ll match that, I''ll even allow Bor to change it from bodily fluids to a pint of hot chilli sauce if he wanted.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="canary_1902"]Are you going tomorrow? [/quote]No, but that has nothing to do with this thread.

[/quote][:D][:D][:D]

I should have put £1k on you saying that!

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Indy"]I would pay £10 to PUPS to see you do that Bor..........come on City![/quote]Only a tenner ? [:(] If we get six points in the next two games I''ll happily donate £25 to PUPS and if Bor carries out his threat/promise I''ll whack it up to £100.Y''know I''m feeling so generous and if it makes it easier he can choose a pint of any body fluid or mixture thereof....[:^)][/quote]

OK, I''ll match that, I''ll even allow Bor to change it from bodily fluids to a pint of hot chilli sauce if he wanted.[/quote]Some offer is that.....not !!I reckon he''ll stick to the bodily fluids ( no pun intended [;)] )

morty wrote:

I think the script is written for Naismith to get the winner tomorrow.

Wouldn''t that be great.

Here''s hoping....

It would be just creamy.

oh, hope 4 pts, reckon 3.