Sign in to follow this  
unique

Point(s) expectations for next two games?

With both Liverpool and Spurs showing a high level of inconsistency it is difficult to guess what to expect, however...

2 = fair enough

3 = well happy

4 = excellent

0,1,6 = doesn''t bare thinking about

I just can''t see us getting anything against Spuds. If Sh*t Liverpool turn up then we can and should beat them, but if Good Liverpool turn up then we''d do well to sneak a draw. Hate to be a negative nancy, but anything we get from these two will be a welcome and unexpected bonus.

Liverpool are beatable. However, I think a draw is more likely.  Spurs on the other hand are playing very well - but you never know. Our home form has improved and it''s difficult to foresee what impact our new signings will have so soon after arriving.

For what its worth I think we can beat Liverpool but I don''t think we should be expecting it and disappointed if we don''t. Spurs are a hard proposition, think they''re one of the best teams we''ve played this season. However, we''ve raised our game against some of the better sides at home recently. 1 from 6 would be disappointing but not a disaster, Villa in Feb is the one we''ve got to be be looking at in my opinion. I''ll hazard a guess at 2 or 3 points from these two.

Possibly 2, Realistically 0, that wouldn''t be the end of the world, we may have 2 or 3 new players who will need to bed in to our system which could hamper us, of course, this may also have the opposite affect & create a siege mentality, who knows. As long as we beat villa away everything will be fine & maintain the point a game strategy. Looking forward to hopefully seeing newbies tomorrow OTBC

4 for me, 3 tomorrow and 1 v spurs.

If less than, would expect that to be blip as new boy''s settle into the team and our style, but fully expecting 4 points starting with a 2-1 win against Liverpool.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]4 for me, 3 tomorrow and 1 v spurs.

If less than, would expect that to be blip as new boy''s settle into the team and our style, but fully expecting 4 points starting with a 2-1 win against Liverpool.[/quote][Y]I would consider that reasonable and achievable.

If we beat Liverpool it certainly would make Spurs a bonus game in terms of what we could get. Liverpool are so inconsistent at the moment and plagued by injuries and we certainly owe them one for previous Carrow road matches.

[quote user="lake district canary"]6 points. No less. We should be aiming to win both these games and it will be disappointing if we don''t.[/quote]Of course we''ll be aiming to win both games but realistic expectations says we won''t.I''d love us to get several points from the Liverpool and Spurs fixtures, and we may well do so with the new players available, but it''s more likely we''ll be needing to beat Villa in February to maintain our point a game target.

On paper we are two classes below both squads, but we are at home and on any given day any team can win,

We have three new players, doubt they will start but might play some part during this weekend.

I''m not expecting any points but two or more is a good return.

Just can''t see us beating either team, might get a draw against Liverpool but Spurs are flying at the mo.

The three home games in April will go a long way to our points total, but every point counts.

I hope we''ll get 6 points.

I expect we''ll get 1 point.  Spurs are looking very good and Liverpool are extremely inconsistent so we could lose both these games, I''d guess we''ll draw one and lose one, drawing both is not a bad outcome, if we can get a win out of either that''s good.

a win plus a draw, or two wins, are both quite possible and would be no more surprising than the win at Old Trafford.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Anything is possible but 0 to 1 points is realistic[/quote]Thats the spirit[Y]

Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief??

After the last couple games the belief is very much overtaken by reality.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief??

[/quote]You''re quite right. People thinking we''re going to lose to better teams are ridiculous.I think we''re going to win both games 10-0 with a Declan Rudd hatrick tomorrow. AM I BEING POSITIVE ENOUGH YET?

[quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="lake district canary"]Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief??

[/quote]You''re quite right. People thinking we''re going to lose to better teams are ridiculous.I think we''re going to win both games 10-0 with a Declan Rudd hatrick tomorrow. AM I BEING POSITIVE ENOUGH YET?[/quote]

Nope, you''re being ridiculous. The opposition team is only better than us if they play better on the day.   That does not always happen as shown the last time Spurs visited CR.......   Liverpool have been a bot of a bogey team, but they are not as strong as they were. In fact quite a few of the so called big clubs are not doing it this season, in case you hadn''t noticed......   

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="canary_1902"][quote user="lake district canary"]Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief??

[/quote]You''re quite right. People thinking we''re going to lose to better teams are ridiculous.I think we''re going to win both games 10-0 with a Declan Rudd hatrick tomorrow. AM I BEING POSITIVE ENOUGH YET?[/quote]

Nope, you''re being ridiculous. The opposition team is only better than us if they play better on the day.   That does not always happen as shown the last time Spurs visited CR.......   Liverpool have been a bot of a bogey team, but they are not as strong as they were. In fact quite a few of the so called big clubs are not doing it this season, in case you hadn''t noticed......    [/quote]Are you going tomorrow?

If we get six points from the next two games I will neck a pint of my own piss while wearing an Ipswich Town top and listening to the Macarena, then upload it to YouTube and post a link on this forum.
There, that should do it.

I would pay £10 to PUPS to see you do that Bor..........come on City!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Weird. We have beaten all of MU, Arsenal, Spurs at CR and Man City away in the last three seasons we were in the pl - so why should we expect to only draw or lose these games?  Liverpool is the only team we haven''t won against for a  few years - and they are not the same team as they were.   These are home games.   Where is the belief??

[/quote]There''s unrealistic expectations - as adopted by LDC and a minority of others - and there''s realistic expectations for the rest of us.Still, good to see Morty and LDC singing from the same hymn sheet for a change...[:D]