Sign in to follow this  
djc

Bamford

Jot even on the bench tonight. Brought here for a reason, yet not selected. Surely a better option than having 2 defenders on the bench?

I know they''re all top football professionals, but like the others, needs two weeks before he can play cuz he''s probably off the pace!

Perhaps thats why AN wanted things done early, cuz he knew theyd all get a two week holiday first!

Stupid really, as. Striker his only job is to score goals. Throw him in and give him a go. What possible harm would it cause? Nobody was expecting him to start but I''d have at least had him on the bench!

I don''t think he was about - nor has he really been involved for a couple of weeks so not sure if I''d have used him today, anyway.

The offy site said this before today''s game "It really depends on him. He will come in and compete with Dieumerci Mbokani and Cameron Jerome, and it will be up to him to show his qualities and stake his claim. We''ll see him on Friday and see where he is. We can then make a decision."

That suggests he wasn''t up for today''s game but might be for the weekend - I certainly hope so.

Branston. Mark Robins joined us on a friday, and banged a couple past Arsenal 24hrs later.... So time at a club is not relevant.

Did I say otherwise? I was quoting AN.

I don''t disagree but there is a difference, Robins had had a full preseason, Bamford has played a handful of sub appearances this season and nothing since before Christmas; he should be fresh at least, but Chelsea couldn''t pick him or he''d have not been able to transfer.