Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Is Neil Adams a better coach than Alex Neil?

He is certainly far better than the coaching staff under Alex Neil.

He couldn''t handle the pressure of the manager''s job - possibly because it was too personal at Norwich but he could set up a team front to back.

I still rate AN as a better man manager but his star is waning in that department too as he puts out ever more poor team selections and sides who show no fight.

We have been here before. And in the Premier League the rot is hard to stop.

It clearly hurt conceding so early; it probably knocked the stuffing out of a crowd who came along already fearing the worst and needed to see their team get stuck in from the start and raise their mood.

I want AN here for the long term but he is being exposed on too many levels now; including in team set up and substitutions.

Fair comment Alartz.

You can imagine the Spurs team talk though. Norwich had no creativity in central midfield with two players who have seldom played alongside each other in a competitive game.

Not much pace so press high.

But most of all a player unused to the EPL in only his second game at right back with a central midfielder who tends not to tackle in front of him and will probably drift inside. Mind you, the alternative was Redmond who doesn''t cover at all.

We don''t have a cohesive unit and that is why we look certain to go down. Remember when Dean Ashton almost kept us up? We had cohesion in the team and just needed a striker (again we were half a season late). But we are now still trying to build a defence and a midfield which can link with it.

Much of the problem could be the coaching. Not AN, but the coaches behind him; aren''t they just the same coaches that Adams had.

Have we really upgraded in this department?

Our on field management is questionable, the heads drop almost as soon as anything goes against us. We are really missing O Neil in this area.

We don''t appear to have a particular style of play.

Look at Leicester today; granted their players are better, but not my a huge margin. They were knocking the ball around absolutely brilliantly.

I''m not somebody who wanted NA as manager but I backed him.

But he put the team together that AN inherited and motivated to get back on track and over the line. He kept the squad together after relegation, built a team spirit, introduced youngsters and even turned a profit on the likes of Grabban.

Now we are at a higher level but a cohesive unit we haven''t looked for some time; we make the same errors time and time again; we experiment and we failed to prepare defensively before the season began.

Either we are leaving energy on the training pitch or we are unfit because we do not work hard enough and we are far too static. How is this not down to coaching?