Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Spurs Match thread

Alli''s was the softest pen you''ll ever see, the ref couldn''t wait to give it.  The ''foul'' on Naismith was far worse, the ref just ignores it.  Yes, we''ve not been great, but the ref doesn''t help.If Alli''s is a pen, then Naismith''s definitely is all day long too.

[quote user="djc"]Ryan Bennett must be p55ed off! He was playing well recently. I dont understand how he cant get in the team.[/quote]

I''ve heard from a reliable source that Bennett asked to leave the club in January, and that there is an issue between him and Russ Martin, which seems difficult to believe, as Russ comes across as a player other pros would respect and get on with. But like you say, he was on form and definitely contributed to our upturn in fortunes in December. So could be somthing in it.

An issue between Martin and Bennett!? I highly doubt it as they are neighbours and seem to get on quite well enough

I''d be p55ed off if i were playing really well, but kept being dropped for another player clearly not in form who is being played in a position which is not his strongest.

[quote user="JF"]That''s never a penalty, if that''s a penalty then so was the push on Naismith from the corner[/quote]

This. It was terrible from Bassong nonetheless. Klose was horribly beaten like a mule causing the trouble in the first place too. That was Michael Turner-esque agility/turning there, and NO that isn''t a compliment.

A rather hoepless affair this evening, best to jus forget it and move on, Villa away is a must win though.

There''s some good fight in this team, but just no the same quality, it''s men against boys.

This is all a bit baffling. Team came out flat, no energy, look decent for the first 20 minutes or so of the second half before AN''s substitutions actually seem to take any momentum away from us.

Another school boy eff up, should have been 3-0. Kane messed up. We''re clearly only going one direction. B''mouth are about 3 wins from safety now. Only the teams below us, and Swansea above us left in the relegation scrap.

Sorry to say but we are looking like a relegated team now. We have paid the price for not getting it right in the Summer, so so poor.

Chumpship here we come!