Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Worthington and the press.

The front page article on the website "See you both on Friday" sums up one of the reasons I believe we''re blessed to have NW as manager.
All this rubbish press-talk that 90% of other managers seem so fond of just doesn''t happen with Worthington - and its to his credit.

I can''t ever remember him talking about a potential signing without confirming that we''ve been in contact with their club - usually in the same sentance.
We''re subjected to enough bluster and pure fantasy from the press, media in general, agents and now even international managers (Olsen should be disciplined by his FA, imo). The last thing we need is the club getting in on the act too.

i agree.

Nigel tells it like it is, as does chris coleman and rafa benitez. if only every manager could be like them. souness is the worst for spouting crap.

[quote]The front page article on the website "See you both on Friday" sums up one of the reasons I believe we''re blessed to have NW as manager. All this rubbish press-talk that 90% of other managers seem so ...[/quote]

just sums up what a great manager he is! and we are lucky to have him!

keep the faith.

worthy IS the man for the job!

You''re spot on about Worthy. When you consider the number of managers who people have wanted to replace him (for some crazy reason Wiz) that aren''t so clever when it comes to media handling it makes you breathe a sigh of relief we have Worthy in charge. Maybe we wouldn''t have players like Huckerby or Ashton if we had a manager who would have confronted agents and clubs in the press.

I don''t think football would be half as interesting if we didn''t have the managers who talked too much. It would put many "newspapers" out of business.

I like his style too (good post) particularly impressed after the Palace game when Johnson dived, dived, dived and dived again and finally got a pen which you could argue got us relegated. Worthy simply showed a bit of class afterwards and said you win some and lose some etc.. whilst Dowie was going on about why they all weren''t given and slagging off the ref.

[quote]You''re spot on about Worthy. When you consider the number of managers who people have wanted to replace him (for some crazy reason Wiz) that aren''t so clever when it comes to media handling it makes y...[/quote]

Stuff the media handling ability Rasputin!.

Oh, I could easily put up with the bad press handling, sitting mid table in the Premiership.

Remind me again, just where did we finish last year, and the result of the last, MUST WIN game please?.

Worthy still the best man for the job?.....Hmm?.

Within 8 weeks of the start of the season, you''ll all be on his case, I promise you, its been written in the stars!.