Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

30 up & still counting

In just 24 games we''ve now had 2 goalkeepers, 4 right backs, 5 central defenders, 2 left backs, 12 midfielders and 5 strikers.30 players used & we are still no nearer knowing what our best team is or what formation to play.No wonder the players look confused.How can we hope to get a settled team that can put together a half decent run of games when the team is never the same 2 games running.The reality is that it doesn''t really make much difference who we pick because most of the players are of the same level of ability.Rather than chopping & changing every week, we need to decide what our best 11 players are, what formation best suits those 11 players &, suspensions & injuries aside, stick with it.

In addition two of the ever presents Bassong and Howson are not at their best.

Howson is largely un-influential game after game, whilst Bassong seems elsewhere half the time.

So what is our best team then? (team, not necessarily the best players)  I''ll try -               RuddPinto  Martin Klose  Brady            Tettey O''NeilRedmond  Naismith  Bamford              Mbokani 

To be honest LDC is a very difficult conundrum.

It''s hard to put a finger on it and I can understand Neil''s difficulties .... but he is the manager.

Your team looks good to me, but maybe a little too attack-minded, and I would prefer Brady in mid-field and Olsson at full-back with NR on the bench.

Yes some players (no more than 3 though) have played in 2 different positions but doesn''t that just reinforce the point that I was making and if anything it makes the situation worse.It simply highlights that not only do we not know who our 11 best players are, for some of them we don''t even know what their best position is.Whether it''s 30 or 27 makes it makes no difference to the fact that we''ve still used far too many players to have a settled side.

Sunderland, Swansea and Newcastle all looking much better than us now so if we cant get 3 points on Saturday against a terrible Aston Villa side its probably goodbye to the Prem.

Our defence just aren''t good enough and our defensive midfielders are also sub standard.