Sign in to follow this  
he

Hoolahan and Naismith

Maybe we should have tried to play Naismith and Hoolahan as the two up front? Hoolahan as support and Naismith up front?

It''s hard for Bokani to win headers up front, but he is doing a good job trying. But why don''t try Hoolahan and Naismith up front and try to play the ball on the floor between the two. If Hoolahan and Naismith can try to keep the ball there is also some chance of getting fouled and maybe we can get penalties..

The rest of the team can sit back and park the bus.

Bokani did a decent job today but the goals don''t come.

Alex Neil has to think some new to get things back on track. The team is falling apart at the minute!

I think the issue is more about the size of Wes and Redmond. (Some CC caller was rotting on about it clearly showing that a cucumber could out wit him) that wasnt meant as a insult to the OP by anymeans... anyway.But the problem tonight vs Spurs was they close down and play hard. I think Wes and Redmond would have been physcially pushed out of the game.Redmond is a bit of a cheap firework and is more worried about breaking a nail that pulling off a tackle. (In the warm up tonight he was doing a load of tricks and just dicking about, would have been furious with him if I was on the coaching team) He wouldnt have got involved vs a pretty hard hitting spurs team.Wes can give it and take it but I think with all of his heart and passion he still would have been frustraited. We needed the physical pressence tonight and lets face it (Kevin Fiend aside) Spurs look very very good.

Since we are playing Villa next, what we could really do well in seeing is Hoolahan behind Naismith and Mbokani, or Naismith and Jerome. Jarvis and redmond out wide, Tettey sitting in front of the back four, and a centre back pairing of Klose and Benno.

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]Since we are playing Villa next, what we could really do well in seeing is Hoolahan behind Naismith and Mbokani, or Naismith and Jerome. Jarvis and redmond out wide, Tettey sitting in front of the back four, and a centre back pairing of Klose and Benno.[/quote]That line up would be too open.  We can''t defend well enough as it is. I''m all for high pressing attack, attack, attack, but the truth is that up until now we have not been good enough at defending and will ship goals.  The balance is rarely right since AN started tinkering with the tried and tested high pressing game - but  he has to try to achieve it, otherwise we will end up doing a Blackpool.  The other end of the scale would be doing a Hughton and stifling the games.  There is no easy answer - it is just going to be a battle to survive - and the sooner we accept that and get up for the battle, the better.

AN say many times that Hooligan can''t play 2 games in 4 days.

He belive Hooligan is better to face Villa than Spurs.

Wes is sure starters next game definitely.

Yes, AN unfortunately has to use Wes sparingly. It''s particularly tragic when you see how little creative service there is when he''s not playing. In the absence of a winger capable of putting the ball in the box, we depend on his through balls almost totally to create anything and offer very little threat when he''s not there.