Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Afobe

Looking every bit worth the gamble for Bournemouth. Indeed what might have been, a bit of a cushion appearing above the bottom 4 now. What a difference a striker with confidence can bring

To be honest though, with the quality of our balls in to the box, i doubt whether he would have scored many more for us than Mbokani has. Carrow Road has become the place where strikers go to die...

What an error this is quickly becoming. Same old Norwich. They''d paid £8m for RvW rather than the £12m for Bony. They paid a small loan fee for Bamford rather than the £10-12m for Afobe. Same old story. Hopefully not same old relegation.

10 to 12 million will be repaid as soon as they are safe easy as that

if he continues to chip in till the end of the season what they paid is written off with the new tv deal

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]What an error this is quickly becoming. Same old Norwich. They''d paid £8m for RvW rather than the £12m for Bony. They paid a small loan fee for Bamford rather than the £10-12m for Afobe. Same old story. Hopefully not same old relegation.[/quote]Bony went to Swansea because he wanted European football, which they could offer that season, and if you think we had another £10m-£12m lying around on top of the £24m we had already spent this January then you are mistaking us for Man City.

Just because a striker scores plenty of goals for one club doesn''t mean he will with another. like all strikers it depends on the service he receives and the tactics employed. The fact is that Bournemouth play better football currently than we do and hence he is getting chances and to his credit he is putting them away. Would he get that service and hence chances here? At the moment, unlikely!

Perhaps not Crafty but when we have to bring on players like Jerome, who looks void of effort, quality and the will to live, it sticks in your throat a little when you see Afobe scoring crucial goals for a relegation rival.

He absolutely looked the real deal in our thrashing at Bournemouth. Three in three and looks like Bournemouth will stay up at our expense. In the circumstances, an absolute steal. Perhaps, if AB had not been in post in August the board might have decided to give us a chance this season and paid what was clearly necessary

It''s a shame that we continue to make these mistakes that will ultimately cost us. The board did back Alex Neil last month but perhaps didn''t back him when it came to the thing the team were crying, absolutely crying out for. More fool us (again!) if we''re relegated because of this.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]He absolutely looked the real deal in our thrashing at Bournemouth. Three in three and looks like Bournemouth will stay up at our expense. In the circumstances, an absolute steal. Perhaps, if AB had not been in post in August the board might have decided to give us a chance this season and paid what was clearly necessary[/quote]If one thing is clearly necessary it is a fact-based explanation of that needlessly cryptic sentence.

I think Afobe made a sensible decision to go to a team designed to give him the type of service strikers thrive on.

At Norwich, I''m hoping a Hoolahan/Naismith/Bamford combination will help provide some creative movement - and goals!...

There''s a huge amount of supposition and hindsight dressed up as wisdom on this thread that it stands out, even for this board.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]He absolutely looked the real deal in our thrashing at Bournemouth. Three in three and looks like Bournemouth will stay up at our expense. In the circumstances, an absolute steal. Perhaps, if AB had not been in post in August the board might have decided to give us a chance this season and paid what was clearly necessary[/quote]

Do you mean Bowkett? Stopped the board spending money? That''s a bit left of field ? Please explain I''m very intrigued (and a little sceptical)

[quote user="GPB"][quote user="Highland Canary"]He absolutely looked the real deal in our thrashing at Bournemouth. Three in three and looks like Bournemouth will stay up at our expense. In the circumstances, an absolute steal. Perhaps, if AB had not been in post in August the board might have decided to give us a chance this season and paid what was clearly necessary[/quote]

Do you mean Bowkett? Stopped the board spending money? That''s a bit left of field ? Please explain I''m very intrigued (and a little sceptical)[/quote]I have already asked the same question for the same reason. We will just have to wait to see if we get any kind of fact-based answer, or indeed any answer at all.

[quote user="GPB"][quote user="Highland Canary"]He absolutely looked the real deal in our thrashing at Bournemouth. Three in three and looks like Bournemouth will stay up at our expense. In the circumstances, an absolute steal. Perhaps, if AB had not been in post in August the board might have decided to give us a chance this season and paid what was clearly necessary[/quote]

Do you mean Bowkett? Stopped the board spending money? That''s a bit left of field ? Please explain I''m very intrigued (and a little sceptical)[/quote]

Who knows. Events would suggest that but previously events suggested differently. I''ve come to accept that every body has a "go to blame default" and whatever events suggest they will revert to their usual targets. Like many are finding it difficult to analyse last nights defeat within the fact that Russ Martin wasn''t playing.

Purple, I suspect we won''t get an answer because, as you point out, it is a supposition that the previous chairman was adopting a particularly prudent position in comparison to other board members, and that he had won this argument at the board. It might simply be the case that the apparent relaxation in spending is related to players being available in this window. However, that we didn''t land Afobe looks increasingly like a significant failure.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Purple, I suspect we won''t get an answer because, as you point out, it is a supposition that the previous chairman was adopting a particularly prudent position in comparison to other board members, and that he had won this argument at the board. It might simply be the case that the apparent relaxation in spending is related to players being available in this window. However, that we didn''t land Afobe looks increasingly like a significant failure.[/quote]Highland, you really must believe me very stupid if you think I won''t notice the semantic trick you are trying to pull there. It is not a question of "us" not getting an answer.You are the one who has to provide the answer with a fact-based justification of the allegation that Bowkett may have withheld available money from the manager. You are the one who launched this serious allegation, so you are the one who has to prove it or admit (which you have effectively done with your backtracking reply) that you have absolutely no evidence for it.