Sign in to follow this  

Thought Klose did Ok. Got stuck in and kept tight to his man unlike at lot of the team and isn''t afraid to put a tackle in. Also always looking to play it out from the back and not just lumping it forward. A couple of mistakes marred the performance however and just needs to keep it simple at times.

Good interview. Very interesting to hear him asked about the pressing and physicality of strikers in the PL, because in the first half hour it seemed constantly to take him by surprise (Kane was losing him with ridiculous ease at set pieces). But, in fairness, he got better and better as the game went on, and his constructive attitude in the interview does him credit.

Needs to adjust, but didn''t look too different to our other CB''s. Seems to be able to distribute with both feet at least.

The early goal rocked the whole team and for 20 minutes or so were all over the place, think there is enough there to show he will be ok, sure he hasn''t played for a couple of months, so will only get better (quickly I hope)

Definitely looked very good and more composed , as the game went on. Loved his facial expression when told he had faced one of the best English forwards around!

Certainly would love to see him and Bennett form a cracking CH partnership

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Looked a good player to me. Would work better with Ryan Bennett, Russell Martin (at RB) and Brady in the back four.[/quote]

Agree. The four mentioned should start at Villa Park. Had a torrid start but once settled kept Kane fairly quiet. A "footballing centre back" who I thought showed a bit of quality and experience. Having the dithering Bassong beside you does not exactly help.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Looked a good player to me. Would work better with Ryan Bennett, Russell Martin (at RB) and Brady in the back four.[/quote]

Agree. The four mentioned should start at Villa Park. Had a torrid start but once settled kept Kane fairly quiet. A "footballing centre back" who I thought showed a bit of quality and experience. Having the dithering Bassong beside you does not exactly help.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]The early goal rocked the whole team and for 20 minutes or so were all over the place, think there is enough there to show he will be ok, sure he hasn''t played for a couple of months, so will only get better (quickly I hope)[/quote]

Totally agree, Gordon. Comes across as an intelligent lad and I''m sure he''ll soon be up to speed as the quality is certainly there. Would really like to see a back four of Brady, Klose, Bennett, Wisdom against Villa - let''s face it, we really should win that game. I''m in Florida at the moment, a bit different to that cold Saturday in Bournemouth mate! The Villa game kicks off at 10am here eastern time so that should be fun, not sure if the local sports bar here in Bradenton will be open that early though!.

Hey Alex Bradenton, fantastic ! was in cape coral last summer, a million miles away from Bournemouth the other Saturday, I''m sure the Dolphins in the intercoastals are putting on a better display than we witnessed down in Dorset !

Looked OK overall, then there were the few absolutely horrifying times he looked EXACTLY like Michael Turner. Should probably have 1 of the CBs spots locked down, unless the Turner impressions aren''t rust.