Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Can Neil turn this around?

I''m starting to have my doubts. I don''t think I''ve ever seen a defence so poorly organised no matter which players are put in there.

Initially I put this down to a lack of investment in the summer but this recent run of results is seriously making me question whether Neil can get this team organised and motivated to play for him.

It''s a no from me. He messes too much with team selection, so there is no continuity with the relationship between players like with teams who form and understanding week in and out. He also plays players out of position, and uses full backs that attack but aren''t willing to track back and defend I.e. Pinto, Olsson, Martin, Whitts, Redmond. Howson keeps being played out of position, he perseveres with Bass when Bennett is clearly a better player without the needless penalty scare each game. Just clueless.

He needs to stop tinkering with the line up every game. Decide on his best 11 and stick to it for a few games regardless of who we are playing.

No , not a chance only we could spend £20 million plus and end up looking worse , no way are there 3 teams worse than us .

Spurs are literally the best organised team in the league right now. No shame in being well beaten by them.

Aston Villa game will be the one that answers any doubts.

Let''s wait until after the Villa game. Judging him after playing Liverpool and Tottenham is maybe too soon.

Unlike when we were in this situation last time with Hughton, there are some decent managers out there...

Not if we continue to ship 3 goals a game.

6 of the last 8 games we have let in at least 3 goals. Alex Neil needs to settle on a line up and get them playing as a team. I wonder if that is within his talent

Of course he can turn it around. Big test on Saturday, he has to get them up for that match can''t afford a Watford or Bournemouth, if we go out ith a whimper in Saturdays match I can''t see us being competitive in the real cup final style matches towards the end of the season.

I do wish he had a clear idea of our best defence though, infact I wish we all had a clearer idea of our best defence which probably tells its own story.

[quote user="Crispy"]Spurs are literally the best organised team in the league right now. No shame in being well beaten by them.

Aston Villa game will be the one that answers any doubts.[/quote]

F**k up mate. Liverpool one of the worse teams to come to Carrow road this season win 5-4. Tottenham not even out of first gear 0-3 and could have been 6 easily

Now the window has closed he really needs to settle on a regular team because it''s just killing us atm. He needs to buck his ideas up a bit unfortunately cos we were $hit today.

Don''t know, but it doesn''t look good. Getting anything out of this game was going to be tough and we all knew it, but playing like we did first half is not going to help matters. Let''s see if he can get anything out of the Villa game.

We loose good mood after win 4 out of 3 around Christmas.

Now team look like in free fall.

We try to settled new defence with 2 débutantes +constantly awful Bassong in the middle of season.

Other problem is also that teams above us win pts and Newcastle not look like team who will relagated.

So no many possible teams to relegated at moment :/

I wanted him gone when we went 10 games without a win before Christmas

but I thought he deserved this season after the good results man utd

he isn''t experienced at this never been in his position before

and if he can not set a team up to do the basics first defending we and him are in trouble

There are no excuses they are his players. He has brought in upgrades, which we needed.

I do think the mental errors on the pitch and on the sideline have now become to frequent and it is showing that the team around him need some help.

I think we may go down but I also believe that the new players are going to find there way and could help keep us up, it is down to AN to recognise strengths, opportunities and react.

Thus far his decisions are costing us in games. Huge game against villa and we need to buck our ideas up now.

Rather worryingly he does appear out of his depth and this looks like too much of a challenge too early. We don''t play the kids on the field yet we have one in charge. Feeling pretty low I really thought AN was the real deal.

Probably not and I fear a defeat at Villa will all but relegate us. Yes I know there is still x amount of games left but if we lose that I think our confidence will be shattered beyond repair, it''s looking shot to pieces now.

Is changing the manager the answer? Not for me as I''d like to see some continunuity in the seat but I wouldn''t be surprised to see him pushed if he can''t turn it around. Let''s prey we can do a Leicester who were all but buried last season.

Villa away now becomes the biggest game of the season as it represents one of the best chances of 3 points and a chance to stop the rot. Must, must win

How many goals have we conceded now off our last defender or a defender trying to play the ball facing his own goal.

Rule one when playing Norwich has to be to pressure our defence with the ball at their feet.

I am beginning to think that he is out of his depth in this league at the moment as he cannot seem to decide what line up to use. At the moment all I can see is relegation unless him and the players Start Winning !! at the moment we have lost all momentum!!

I think, for what it''s worth, is that his level of inexperience is starting to show. I don''t want to have a go at him but all through his extremely short managerial career he has been in charge of teams that are winning and thus has not had to deal with the negative effects and pressure a serious run of losses brings. He changes the team far to often, today''s game aside as there were mitigating circumstances, but overall I''m sure he has changed our lineup more times than any other manager in this league.

I still have a small amount of faith in him, but it is rapidly dwindling, the fixtures at the end of March through April will make or break our season, I just hope we are not too far adrift and void of confidence to secure some much needed victories.

Anyway OTBC!

Yes he can, but i doubt he will. I will repeat, after the Southampton game i stuck with my pre season total of 33 points and said City would lose the next 4 league games, which they have done, pretty easy prediction to be honest. We beat Villa and Southampton, but i thought even then we played very average. Apart from the win at Man Utd, we have not played well in a single match since well before Xmas, the writing was on the wall then, and the all to predictable 2nd half season slump was almost assured. Tonight was painful, we were playing the most in form team in the Prem. right now, but the likes of Swansea and Bournemouth, whose teams arent that much better than Citys, have that ingredient of confidence to go out and try hard to get points.City are devoid of steel and togetherness, i was disagreed with when i said City have a soft belly,  let those who think otherwise keep believing different. However!, im not moaning because its expected in my eyes, i still think our future long term is good,  even though short term it is not. Losing dont matter, but losing  in this continous lack lustre way does. Alex seriously needs to give Seb a break and bring in Ryan B. and get this team fired up.

I agree Ron it is not AN fault he is inexperienced

our coaches and manager / dugout looks beaten and lacking ideas they had plenty of time to well drill the defence in training new player slot into a solid base not one that is moving changing every week

It doesn''t look great, but he''s earned the right to give it a go. Still got plenty of goodwill from me.

We need to turn it around at Villa big time though. Now or never.