Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

So what was the crowd's excuse?

Negativity and a sense of inevitability from the off from far too many who can''t even seem to get a little bit indignant let alone angry - and anger from the Liverpool result should have been enough to stir a bit of pride and passion from the Norwich support - but there was nothing to lift the Norwich team.

Game after game when they turn the tannoy music off and the commentator stops talking the hush comes in so tangibly you can almost touch it.

Let''s be honest, far too many of those there tonight were there because they''ve already paid for it but their heart wasn''t in it.

If you are going to go at least don''t turn your own defeatist mood onto the team. We know Norfolk is a top area for a lack of social aspiration, maybe too many of our supporters don''t, in their hearts, feel we deserve to compete at this level.

The team needs to snap out of it and the crowd needs to snap out of it too. It wasn''t always like this.

Now it''s the supporters'' fault, is it? Really?

Your first sentence sums up the players perfectly. With such a poor start to the match what did you expect?! To be fair to the fans, the effort after the goal was there and were looking for any reason to get behind the team but the players gave very little for the fans to feed off.

Can''t speak for all but my heart was in it, thanks.

[quote user="alartz"]This is an attempt of a joke right?[/quote]

Thats ironic coming from you Alartz, your pathetic negativity and needless ranting is EXACTLY the attitude of "fans" that seem to be infiltrating Carrow Road more and more by the season. Moan moan moan and sit in virtual silence when not moaning. Im not for one minute saying the player''s arent to blame, they were atrocious tonight, but they need the fans big time at the moment and they just arent there.

Midweek games are always quiet or has no one noticed this before?!Plus the fact that conceeding in under 2 minutes tends to silence a crowd. Employment must really be a problem in the Tottenham areas as many of thier fans were in attendance, guess they wont have to worry about "work" in the morning! Have to say they were a noisy bunch as away fans go.

Well I have to confess I found it tough to raise much noise tonight, where were you sitting OP? If I had heard you getting a few chants going I might have joined in.

I''m sorry but that is utter rubbish. Everything was fine until 90 seconds in and it knocked the stuffing outta everyone. A bit like we all thought, here we go again.

Wasn''t until the 2nd half I think Olsson put in a heavy challenge that lifted everyone. Nothing was done in that 1st half to give the fans a lift to show we were gonna fight and give it all.

As you know, Mr Jenkins I wasn''t there in person but I did find myself turning the volume up on my device but found I just got the Spurs fans, only louder.

I hope you didn''t get the usual disapproving looks when you tried to vocally support.

The Spurs fans were pretty good, not surprising after such an early goal.

There was very little to sing about Rudolph, we were very very poor and if you had been there I doubt if you would have acted any differently to the majority of the crowd to be honest.

When we did do something half decent or a player got stuck in the crowd responded well, but those occasions were so few and far between there was no motivation for the crowd.

I am the first to say that as fans we should try to lift the team but there has to be a bit coming back the other way, it wasn''t there tonight.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]As you know, Mr Jenkins I wasn''t there in person but I did find myself turning the volume up on my device but found I just got the Spurs fans, only louder.

I hope you didn''t get the usual disapproving looks when you tried to vocally support.[/quote]So you weren''t there yourself, but see fit to criticise the fans who paid their money to go?Great stuff[Y]

lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2016 11:45 PM:

If the crowd don''t believe, how do they expect the players to believe?

What does that mean?

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2016 11:45 PM:

If the crowd don''t believe, how do they expect the players to believe?

What does that mean?[/quote]If a crowd is apathetic, or doesn''t really think the team can win, or just goes to the match expecting to be beaten......how does that transmit to the team, who are going out to try and beat superior opponents?    Belief has to be there throughout the club.....including fans.

Well I went more in hope than expectation and that hope went out of the window on 90 seconds and from that moment I was thinking when is a respectable time to go home . I stuck it out to the bitter end but would happily have fu(ked off at half time .

The performance of a team makes a crowd, the performance of a crowd does not make a team!

In all honesty what did ANY City player do to raise the expectations of the crowd?

lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2016 11:53 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2016 11:45 PM: If the crowd don''t believe, how do they expect the players to believe? What does that mean?

If a crowd is apathetic, or doesn''t really think the team can win, or just goes to the match expecting to be beaten......how does that transmit to the team, who are going out to try and beat superior opponents? Belief has to be there throughout the club.....including fans.

Do you actually live in the same world as he rest of us or in some strange idealistic world that one exists in your head.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2016 11:53 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2016 11:45 PM: If the crowd don''t believe, how do they expect the players to believe? What does that mean?

If a crowd is apathetic, or doesn''t really think the team can win, or just goes to the match expecting to be beaten......how does that transmit to the team, who are going out to try and beat superior opponents? Belief has to be there throughout the club.....including fans.

Do you actually live in the same world as he rest of us or in some strange idealistic world that one exists in your head.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2016 11:53 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Do you actually live in the same world as he rest of us or in some strange idealistic world that one exists in your head.[/quote][:D][/quote]
I''ll call you and raise you double....[:D][:D]

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2016 11:53 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

Do you actually live in the same world as the rest of us or in some strange idealistic world that one exists in your head.[/quote]

Obviously not - if people think that the attitude of fans doesn''t have an effect on the team, then that is their problem.  Fans like to think they are fantastic for the team and that is true - sometimes.  But there are times when the atitude of the crowd is detrimental to the team - and each and every person that goes to a match has imo a responsibility to give their utmost to try and get the team to perform better.  It''s a bit like the chicken and the egg - the team can inspire the fans - but the opposite is true too - the fans can inspire the team.  If the crowd is defeatist from the word go because we go one down at the beginning of a match - even if it is against a team like Spurs - they are not going to help the team enough.  I prefer my world where the knowledge that being positive is better than being negative.  I may not always achieve it, but at least I know that it works.

As I said it''s all fine in your head, just like we would all want to see an end to world poverty and wars.

But the reality is that fans are just human beings and will react with emotion to what they see and feel, you are always the first to jump on the band wagon or start a thread to critisise our fans at games, of which I am one of many. On the whole I would point out to you that we are a very good bunch and your preaching about how we should behave is not welcome.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]As I said it''s all fine in your head, just like we would all want to see an end to world poverty and wars.

But the reality is that fans are just human beings and will react with emotion to what they see and feel, you are always the first to jump on the band wagon or start a thread to critisise our fans at games, of which I am one of many. On the whole I would point out to you that we are a very good bunch and your preaching about how we should behave is not welcome.[/quote]

Ahh, the old "doesn''t go to games line".  I went to several home games last season - some matches were good from the crowd but the Bolton game at home was a pathetic performance from the fans.  I would have had more atmosphere saving my £200 to get there and sitting in my armchair watching a stream.  I went to watch the team, but my memory of that match was tarnished by the lack of noise from the crowd.  Harsh, but true.

What amazes me is that when I watch away games you can always hear the City supporters singing OTBC but you rarely hear anyone singing it when we''re at home.Do the away supporters, who I admire, not go to home games or do they simply get dragged down into the general apathey of the regular home supporters.And I don''t buy the comment that the players have to show something before there''s any reaction from the crowd.It has to work both ways.Whether they boo or cheer, supporters ain''t gonna get their money back so they might as well try & encourage the team rather than getting on their back because that changes nothing.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 03/02/2016 8:18 AM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

As I said it''s all fine in your head, just like we would all want to see an end to world poverty and wars. But the reality is that fans are just human beings and will react with emotion to what they see and feel, you are always the first to jump on the band wagon or start a thread to critisise our fans at games, of which I am one of many. On the whole I would point out to you that we are a very good bunch and your preaching about how we should behave is not welcome.

Ahh, the old "doesn''t go to games line". I went to several home games last season - some matches were good from the crowd but the Bolton game at home was a pathetic performance from the fans. I would have had more atmosphere saving my £200 to get there and sitting in my armchair watching a stream. I went to watch the team, but my memory of that match was tarnished by the lack of noise from the crowd. Harsh, but true.

I don''t believe I said anything about " doesn''t go to games"

It must be an issue you feel senetive about.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I don''t believe I said anything about " doesn''t go to games"

It must be an issue you feel senetive about.[/quote]

Maybe, but to be fair, that is the usual line tottered out whenever I try to make a point about the level of support.  Crowd noise has been an issue ever since I started watching in the late sixties - applause and "In the net, in the net" was about it apart from OTBC once in a while, in those days, until Bond got the crowd into the idea in the seventies that they could actually sing songs en masse and that it would improve the atmosphere.  More recenty, it seems to me that chanting and singing has deteriorated in the last ten or so years - like people don''t really want to do it and would just rather go and watch and react to things rather than be pro-active.   The lame 321 at the beginning is a symptom of that. People can change it - but only by a concerted effort to do so - or perhaps an appeal from the manager would do it - or maybe another tipsy "where are you" speech from our leading lady......