Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

Keep The Faith...

So far...

• We''ve signed players better than the ones we''ve shipped out

• We''ve got Dean Ashton and Darren Huckerby; two of the best players in the league

• We''ve still got Robert Green, the best ''keeper in the league.

• We''ve still got Damien Francis, the best goal scoring midfielder in the league

• We''ve got a Danish international and a Swedish international on our books who will both be awesome in the Championship

• We''ve got Leon McKenzie who was starting to show he''s Premiership quality; imagine what he can do in the Championship.

• We''ve got Adam Drury, possibly the best left back outside the Premiership, he too found his Premiership feet towards the end.

• We''ve got Jason Shackell, a future Norwich potential captain and England centre half.

• We''ve got a manager who knows what it takes to be successful at this level, and will have learned further from last season

This is just the start, and I haven''t even mentioned who we''re going to sign!

Ah yeah, and there''s this too:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=safri_0001 

Keep The Faith!

Great post. I do believe we will be far better than most teams in the Championship, However, there are only 2 automatic places and a play off place and i think its going to be so tight between Norwich, Palace, Soton and Wolves. I do think we will get promotion even if it is play off finals.

Awesome video.

[quote]Great post. I do believe we will be far better than most teams in the Championship, However, there are only 2 automatic places and a play off place and i think its going to be so tight between Norwich...[/quote]

what about leeds?

i think norwich will win the league with the mighty leeds united in a close second.

Can''t see us doing much more than the play offs Campbell mate, but that might mean we will be one of the first to play at the new Wembley Stadium eh ?

[quote]what about leeds? i think norwich will win the league with the mighty leeds united in a close second.[/quote]

I can only see Leeds finishing with a playoff place...I think they lack a few ''difference makers'' at this level that you need.

Just as you probably know, many of the teams in the Championship aren''t that different in overall quality, it''s the one or two players with sparks of real quality that make the difference between mid-table and playoffs, and the playoffs and automatic promotion. Take a team like Stoke from last season, if they had a Dean Ashton type goal scorer then they would have got a playoff place.

Norwich have these two ''difference makers'' in Ashton and Huckerby, and if Francis stays and is committed, we''ll have a third.

I''m not saying we''re going to win the league, but what I am saying is that we are in a great position, and the players we''ve signed to replace the ones we''ve let go so far have been of better quality...So things are moving in the right direction in terms of a squad for the long term. The players we''ll sign in the coming weeks will reaffirm my opinion.

I''m very optimistic of our season ahead

[quote]what about leeds? i think norwich will win the league with the mighty leeds united in a close second.[/quote]

I think Leeds will have a good season next year.  They have a solid side with the signings Blackwell has made.  Leeds, Wolves and Palace are my biggest concerns

atm i think Leeds stand a good chance of play offs. If you get some quality signings then you could become league contenders

Sorry to be a wet blanket and all that, but I think it''s far too early to start predicting who''s going to win the league. Let''s at least get the season kicked off and a few games played, and then we may have a little idea of who is looking good. Beware the Ipswich syndrome, though, I''m sure most of us feared they were going to clinch promotion as champions or failing that by coming 2nd, then they blew up altogether and lost in the play offs. Having said all that, I shall be very disappointed if we dont make the play offs, bearing in mind we have some quality players in the squad now. Sixth in the league is a realistic target to aim for. Anything better than that and I will be happy, 1st or 2nd and I''ll be ecstatic!

[quote]I think Leeds will have a good season next year. They have a solid side with the signings Blackwell has made. Leeds, Wolves and Palace are my biggest concerns[/quote]

DD: If you or anyone care to backtrack through these threads, I told everyone that Leeds will lift the Championship, with us promoted in second.

Reading winning via the play off final, where they beat Crystal Palace, will be promoted as well, this, I foretold weeks ago!.

It is destiny, fated and fixed and can''t be changed.

I got slaughtered and ridiculed by many on here, when I said this, now I see Leeds have become more fancied, Hmm?.

Now, I see many pale imitations of the one truly gifted wizard on here.

Ah, a true prophet is never recognised in his own village!.    

[quote]DD: If you or anyone care to backtrack through these threads, I told everyone that Leeds will lift the Championship, with us promoted in second. Reading winning via the play off final, where they b...[/quote]

Thought I''d chuck my tuppence worth in ,can''t see Leeds even making the playoffs.

And the reason a prophet is never recognised in is own village is because verily he doth changeth his name and avatar more often than I polish my tin legs!

[quote]Thought I''d chuck my tuppence worth in ,can''t see Leeds even making the playoffs. And the reason a prophet is never recognised in is own village is because verily he doth changeth his name and avatar...[/quote]

I like it!, very classy and witty No Legs

[quote]Can''t see us doing much more than the play offs Campbell mate, but that might mean we will be one of the first to play at the new Wembley Stadium eh ?[/quote]

I doubt the dozy lot will have the stadium finished in time, but it''s a nice thought.

Playoffs is the absolute minimum I''d expect...and with the squad we''re putting together, that shouldn''t be a problem.

Positivity is what we need!