Sign in to follow this  
daly

Pinto or Panto

We have to give the guys a chance to bed in, unfortunately Spuds are on fire at the moment and not the easiest of sides to play against. We''ll hopefully have Brady back on Sat, Bamford available and O''Neil back should we want to use him - Mulumbu still doesn''t seem up to speed.

Again. Who did Pinto have helping him out while Spurs exploited his isolation. At least he showed some intent, as did Mbokani and one error aside I was encouraged by Klose.

Any full back in the world would have looked dreadful in that team tonight, no protection from the payer in front, constantly left one on one against a very good spurs team and generally hung out to dry.Leave the man be, judge him when he has some help.

Agree that he didn''t have much protection in front of him (tactical mistake by AN?), but my gripe is that the fact that we have bought an attacking full back who is clearly more comfortable than defending..... Surely, with one of the worst defences in the league, we need someone who can primarily defend?!

I think Pinto needs time to acclimatise to this league, and time is exactly what we don''t have.

Whist he has made mistakes and has taken a shed load of abuse this season, Russell Martin is still the best, most reliable RB(certainly not CB!) at the club.

While Howson gave him no protection, I still thought he looked pretty lightweight. In the first half he stood off and allowed the ball to be crossed into the box far too often.Needs to improve.

I don''t think it matters a jot who pinto had helping him out - he lost possession on twenty one occasions - not quite as bad as Olsson who did it thirty three times. Any team who gives away that much possession when attempting to defend will lose, heavily.

AN should get himself a good defensive coach!

Having watched him in his two games i am struggling at the moment to see what Pinto brings to the party that Whittaker does not.

Yellow and Green, why does Pinto have no time? I think he has time for 14 more games in this league last i counted, before the season ends. If he needs those 14 to acclimatise, making lots of mistakes, so be it.  In reality we are likely going down anyway unless the whole team gets more fired up and play as a unit. Cannot see playing Russ or Whitts playing at RB improving the general performance of the team. TIL, he brings more years ahead of him than Whitts. Let Ivo make mistakes, let him learn to be an RB in England, just incredible how players these days are judged after 2 games.

Not going to write him off after 2 games, it''s fair to says he''s been particularly dreadful ESPECIALLY defensively, and oh BTW RB is a defensive position.

Waste of money and two games is enough to assess that. Besides we cannot afford the luxury of giving him time to "bed-in."

Every point is crucial.

Any of Martin, Wisdom or Whitts should be allowed to make that spot their own for the rest of the season.

If you could describe the exact opposite of the type of left back we needed, then Pinto would appear to be that man.

As has been said,he was left completely exposed by

the inaffective Howson,who kept drifting inside. And this

against one of the best attacks in the league. And in

the previous game. His debut. He had Redmond ahead

of him. Which left him on his own again. The poor sod

must wonder what he''s let himself in for.

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 03/02/2016 6:21 AM:

Waste of money and two games is enough to assess that.

-----------------------

haha. I enjoyed that. Totally written off after 2 games.

what a mug

Unfortunately I can''t help but wonder why oh why we signed an all out attacking full back from a foreign league?

Surely even a championship defensive right back would have been better even?

The guys defensive awareness is horrendous, luckily more times than not he can utilise his pace to cover his mistakes (remind you of anyone? Olsson/Brady??..)

We needed to sign a RB that would be solid defensively to allow our more attacking right sided players to do their job in attack. Remember Drury? Never let a man beat him 1v1 down the line, was solid and therefore that allowed Huckerby to go down that left flank all day long.

A Croatian journalist or norwich supporter (can''t remember?) even said when we signed Pinto, ''he''s great going forwards, despite not recording a single assist this season to date, but defensively there are serious concerns''.

Whittaker doesn''t look so bad now does he. Agbonlahor will tear Pinto apart on Saturday, another continental gem from are scouting team. "Rest Pinto" Whitts back please.

[quote user="grim reaper"]Whittaker doesn''t look so bad now does he. Agbonlahor will tear Pinto apart on Saturday, another continental gem from are scouting team. "Rest Pinto" Whitts back please.[/quote]

NCFC Scouting team run by the Robert Baden-Powell Group

[quote user="daly"][quote user="grim reaper"]Whittaker doesn''t look so bad now does he. Agbonlahor will tear Pinto apart on Saturday, another continental gem from are scouting team. "Rest Pinto" Whitts back please.[/quote]

NCFC Scouting team run by the Robert Baden-Powell Group[/quote]

I thought it was run by the piano player from Peters and Lee .

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 03/02/2016 6:21 AM:

Waste of money and two games is enough to assess that.

-----------------------

"haha. I enjoyed that. Totally written off after 2 games.

what a mug"

So you would play him in the very important game against Villa then having seen his defensive shortcomings.

Suicidal IMO.

He might well become a crowd favourite, but not this season. There''s not enough games to be had and a lot of points are needed to give him time to acclimatise. He''s that much way off the mark. It''s the PL we are talking about here.

No need for the insults either fella. Save those for your home life.

In his defence, he''s come into the premier league and played a freak game against Liverpool and against a team challenging for the title. He will be judged against the like of Villa and the other teams around us.