Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Rather lose attacking than play negative football

I''m certainly more of a gut than a Rickyyy, that''s for sure.

And good luck to Leicester this season. Not many such clubs get a tilt like that. We had one. What''s forgotten is it lasted about a season and a half. So like the gut although disappointed in the 95th minute I''m glad I was there yesterday.

Yes of course we could and if you and I were the manager our team would play several types of football certainly be different if we were winning 3-1 to that if we were loosing 3-1.

American football even plays with two teams one for attack and one for defense.

If one manager cannot do both jobs let us have two managers.

I was gutted to watch Norwich loose that game and any true supporter should be too.

[quote user="The gut"]Your choice of doom and gloom over hope is your choice Ricardo.

If you want to base future on past then football is a strange subject to choose.

Stranger things have happened and if you looked at the 11/12 & 12/13 seasons it would have only taken a swing of 2 and 3 results respectively, from defeat to victory have more positive than negative results.

In fact the all time ratio you quoted would not have totally been unrealistic to overturn[/quote]The acceptance of reality means that I never have a problem with doom and gloom. Things are as they are and wishful thinking won''t change them. Like any person I hope for better in all things but accept that the constant ups and downs of our football club are just part and parcel of life as a Norwich City supporter. To be honest I wouldn''t want it to be any different, if you don''t experience despair how can you exult in joy?Yes a few results changed from defeat into victory make an enormous difference for teams in our position and its nice to win in style but the points will always mean more than the performance. We would do well to remember that when the final table goes up at the end of the season there are no points for style.

I take your point Ricardo, some similarities maybe in our thoughts with also a big gulf.

I consider myself a miserable realist with fantasy dreams. I''ve even been known to choose a life of doom and gloom. I could never choose football of doom and gloom.

I would also say that if you''re gonna lose it is better to lose in style.

I''d even go so far as to say I quite enjoy the ups and downs.

[quote user="Indy"]LDC stop preaching, that''s only your opinion not fact, I''d rather go down watching this every week than just stay up with the dross served up under Hughton.

After 20 years of season tickets I was thinking of ditching mine during Hughtons second season it was the most awful thing ever experienced at Carrow Road.[/quote]

You might be really really dim.

Here''s a little stat that might be relevant.

When we got relegated from the Premier League last time we scored 28 goals in the whole season.

So far this season we''ve scored................28 goals!

I would rather be "Norwich City who retained Premier league status" than "plucky little Norwich who went down, but gave it their best shot" .

I don''t know how anyone can say they preferred or enjoyed that game, to throw the game away not once but twice is utterly soul destroying. How can you have any belief or hope in the team after a performance like that.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Indy"]LDC stop preaching, that''s only your opinion not fact, I''d rather go down watching this every week than just stay up with the dross served up under Hughton.

After 20 years of season tickets I was thinking of ditching mine during Hughtons second season it was the most awful thing ever experienced at Carrow Road.[/quote]

You might be really really dim.[/quote]

Yep I''m so glad I''m really really dim, helped me to senior management in a large oil company at the age of 30, form my own company and retire at 45......

Still just because I don''t go to football for my religion but as entertainment on a Saturday or match day and would prefer to be entertained, with a good atmosphere than bored to tears inside a library atmosphere, makes me dim, I''m fine with that, just shows how aggressive some of our so called fans really are! Hard little fruitcake are we?

I probably would too, but making catastrophic individual errors is the main problem here, ie schoolboy stuff. Whether you attack or defend, the basics must be done correctly.

I get the general point. But the idea that there are two distinct types of football, and we have to play one or the other, is a bit simplistic.

There''s always the happy middle ground which I''m sure AN would love where we are solid at the back and have the freedom to play expansive football, but that would mean a set of players who fit. He''s only been here one season and it''s not really his team yet, I''m sure if we can survive this year it would certainly see more quality added.

I still say the 3 goals in the last 10 minutes v Boro to come back to 4-4, this weekends games are the ones which will stay with me, just the way it is, exciting games bring atmosphere and no one can say they didn''t get a huge buzz when Bassong banged in that goal?

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Indy"]LDC stop preaching, that''s only your opinion not fact, I''d rather go down watching this every week than just stay up with the dross served up under Hughton.

Yep I''m so glad I''m really really dim, helped me to senior management in a large oil company at the age of 30, form my own company and retire at 45......

Still just because I don''t go to football for my religion but as entertainment on a Saturday or match day and would prefer to be entertained, with a good atmosphere than bored to tears inside a library atmosphere, makes me dim, I''m fine with that, just shows how aggressive some of our so called fans really are! Hard little fruitcake are we?[/quote]OWNED.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Indy"]LDC stop preaching, that''s only your opinion not fact, I''d rather go down watching this every week than just stay up with the dross served up under Hughton.

Still just because I don''t go to football for my religion but as entertainment on a Saturday or match day and would prefer to be entertained, with a good atmosphere than bored to tears inside a library atmosphere, makes me dim, I''m fine with that, just shows how aggressive some of our so called fans really are! Hard little fruitcake are we?[/quote]OWNED.[/quote]

You two are hilarious. Please continue...

"Yep I''m so glad I''m really really dim, helped me to senior management in a large oil company at the age of 30, form my own company and retire at 45...... "

You wouldn''t happen to have any oil rich billionaires in your phone contacts you could send Delia''s way?

[quote user="Indy"]Now owned by BP.....it was Amoco.[/quote]Looking at the oil price, you seem to have gotten out at the right time.[Y]

Ricardo, I''ve been very lucky, worked offshore and onshore for 13 years and 5 years off Aberdeen, in 2004 started subsea design work for various companies under contract, now I''m just contracting as required as a consultant, it''s been a great time and now just pick up work to pay for beer and season tickets.

[quote user="Indy"]Ricardo, I''ve been very lucky, worked offshore and onshore for 13 years and 5 years off Aberdeen, in 2004 started subsea design work for various companies under contract, now I''m just contracting as required as a consultant, it''s been a great time and now just pick up work to pay for beer and season tickets.[/quote]Good for you, its always good to hear when hard work pays off but luck with timing comes into it. I was all set fair at 61 and then the company went bust so no pay off and reduced pension. Then I found out I had Non Hodgkins disease.However 9 years on, I''m still alive and have enjoyed some of the best of times as a NCFC supporter.I have to say that all in all I consider myself a lucky person.Now if we can only pick up another fifteen or so  points I would be even happier.

Ricardo, sorry to hear you''ve some bad luck, glad that you''re battling on and enjoying life.

Just to reinforce that O & G hasn''t really paid mega bucks since the late 70''s, this myth that oil workers got paid big wages should be put right......it was a good wage but as you said I was away from wife & family, missed out on a lot of games which family members used.

I feel dot you, I''ve gone through a very stressful time in the past 3 years with my wife who has battled cancer, this is what drove me to take early retirement and just work to pay the bills, life is so short.

Take care matey.

[quote user="Indy"]Ricardo, sorry to hear you''ve some bad luck, glad that you''re battling on and enjoying life.

Just to reinforce that O & G hasn''t really paid mega bucks since the late 70''s, this myth that oil workers got paid big wages should be put right......it was a good wage but as you said I was away from wife & family, missed out on a lot of games which family members used.

I feel dot you, I''ve gone through a very stressful time in the past 3 years with my wife who has battled cancer, this is what drove me to take early retirement and just work to pay the bills, life is so short.

Take care matey.[/quote]Thanks Indy, when ever I get to feeling down I remind myself that I had the good fortune to be born in a largely free and affluent country and am one of the 10% richest people on the planet. Many people draw a much shorter straw.