Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

My Team v.s Villa

-----------------------Rudd

--------Martin Bennett Klose Brady-------

-----------------Tettey Howson

---------Redmond Naismith Jarvis

----------------------Mbokani

Olsson was one of the few who had a decent game last night whereas Jarvis was very ineffective. Time to see Brady in his best position on the left wing.

Mbokani got very little support last night and the way Naismith and wes linked vs Liverpool makes me think maybe Wes should start to bring best outta those 2.

Please no Howson on the right as he''s wasted there.

Maybe time for Ruddy to come back in, Rudd hasn''t done a great deal wrong but maybe it''s time to see if this break has worked.

As poor as Martin is at centre back maybe hes best suited at right back. And Bennett should be given his chance next to Klose due to us probably playing up against a big target man in Gestede. Bassong seems to have gotten away with alot of criticism that Martin has got.

RuddPintoBennettKloseOlssonTetteyHowsonHoolahanNaismithBradyBamfordThat''s what I''d go for but I''ll be shocked if it''s anything like that.Bassong has always got an error in him, Bennett is generally more solid against strikers that aren''t particularly brilliant.Getting fed up with Howson on the right, far far more effective in the middle. But this is clearly a symptom of Neil''s lack of faith in Redmond for certain games.This is a game where we MUST get on the front foot almost straight away. Villa are woeful and we must go with an attacking mentality and team from the word go in my opinion. Bamford''s movement is probably better than DM and CJ, and he''s certainly a better finisher.

Ruddy

Martin

Bennett

Klose

Brady

Howson

O Neil

Hoolahan

Naismith

Bamford

Mbokani

I concede that the midfield is very lightweight and would struggle off the ball. So maybe use Brady further up the pitch. However, the alternatives do not offer much more defensively.

We must take the game to Villa

We have to go for it and score some goals, soRuddyWisdomBennettKloseOlssonRedmondHowsonHoolahanBradyNaismithBamfordSubs - Rudd, Martin, O''Neil, Dorrans, Ofoe, Jerome, Mbokani

[quote user="Making Plans"]We have to go for it and score some goals, soRuddyWisdomBennettKloseOlssonRedmondHowsonHoolahanBradyNaismithBamfordSubs - Rudd, Martin, O''Neil, Dorrans, Ofoe, Jerome, Mbokani[/quote]

Decent shout not much in terms of DM cover but we need to go there and win - worth a try (Glad to see no mention of Bassong not even on the bench)

--------------Ruddy-------------

Wisdom Bennett Klose Olsson

--Howson-Mulumbu--Brady

------Naismith--Hoolahan----

-----------Mbokani-------------

Subs - Rudd Martin O''Neil Dorrans Redmond Jerome Bamford

---------------Ruddy------------

Pinto--Bennett--Klose--Olsson

---------Howson--O''Neil--------

-Redmond--Naismith---Brady-

--------------Mbokani-----------

However, I wonder if we should start Hoolahan instead of Naismith for the first half, then bring him on if we haven''t scored.

This is the back four we should stick with imo. Bring in Ruddy for this game and see how he does.

After the transfer window Redmond needs to start playing some games.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]---------------Ruddy------------

Pinto--Bennett--Klose--Olsson

---------Howson--O''Neil--------

-Redmond--Naismith---Brady-

--------------Mbokani-----------

However, I wonder if we should start Hoolahan instead of Naismith for the first half, then bring him on if we haven''t scored.

This is the back four we should stick with imo. Bring in Ruddy for this game and see how he does.

After the transfer window Redmond needs to start playing some games.[/quote]

Ruddy

Martin-------Bennett------Klose-------Brady

O''Neil

Hoolahan Howson Dorrans Odjidja

Naismith

Bamford

not only have you got 12 players there but you''ve put Bamford upfront as well as Hoolahan on the right. :)

strange choice, but could work.

Although never going to happen I wouldn''t mind this:

Rudd;

Pinto, Bennett, Klose, Brady;

O''neil;

Howson, Dorrans;

Hoolahan, Redmond;

Naismith.

In a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with Hoolahan drifting in from the right in a free role with pinto to overlap and Howson to cover and Redmond driving forward cutting onto his rightfoot on the left with Brady on the overlap and dorrans covering that side and also playing balls forward on the counter with O''neil sitting in front of the CB almost playing a back three when we are attacking so to still have enough if Villa counter.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]not only have you got 12 players there but you''ve put Bamford upfront as well as Hoolahan on the right. :)

strange choice, but could work.[/quote]

yes my mistake no Dorrans then :p

but of course is impossible AN to make too many changes so is unreal but for me this can be good fresh team.

Ruddy has been Ruddy awful for months. Rudd looks far better.

Olsson was OK. I''d keep him at LB with Brady in front at LM

Bennett with Klose. Martin/Wisdom RB - though I''m going to be REALLY REALLY controversial here & suggest a Martin/ Klose CB combo may turn out to be our best.

O''Neil in MF with Howson (who I would hope to have a better day).

Wes has to be play. We are simply bereft of creativity otherwise. With Naismith & Mbokani we looked fantastic at times against Liverpool.

RM''s the problem. We need someone who''ll cover; Jarvis perhaps? Has he started for us there? Thought he was half decent yesterday.

Actually, perhaps he could do swaps with Brady during the game. Could be effective.

Bamford & Redmond to come on (also Jerome). Other subs as necessary.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Ruddy has been Ruddy awful for months. Rudd looks far better. [/quote]Well he might look better but interestingly Ruddy conceeded 25 goals in 14 PL games (average of 1.8) and Rudd has conceeded 21 in 10 PL games (avarage of 2.1)

The goalkeeping one is a real conundrum at the minute, Rudd has done nothing glaringly wrong, as those in front of him have been very poor at times, just might be a good thing to take him out and put Ruddy back in and see if the spell on the side has helped his mindset?.

Trying to apply stastitical analysis to football is very very difficult. Way too many variables. Every player performs differently week on week - sometimes minute on minute. Every goal is different, every pass is different, every save is different -you can never say with certainty which goalie would have saved which shot.

That''s why football''s an art - art is the science of complexity - & why there are so many differing opinions on all things football.

Side needs a boost and needs to be organised by the Footyexpert.

The Footyexpert says play your best players in key positions if you want a chance of winning.

-------------Ruddy

Wisdom klose Bennett olsson

-------------Brady

Redmond Oneal Naismith Jarvis

------------Mbokani

Whoops, just realised I had 12 on the pitch. I''m really stuck now - we need them all!

Drop Jarvis I suppose - God knows what the formation would be though. 4-3-2-1? In which case keep Jarvis instead.

Rudd

Martin/Wisdom---Bennett----Klose----Olsson

Jarvis---------O''Neil-----------Brady

Naismith-----Wes

Mbokani

--------------Rudd

Martin Klose Bassong Olsson

---------Oneil Mulumbu

Naismith Brady

------------ Wes

----------Mbokani

Pinto is worse than all 3 of our other RB''s. Absolute liability defensively, he could well be a decent wing back however if we played 3 at the back?

When Tettey is back, play him instead of Mulumbu.

well that didn''t come out right, but yeah 4-2-3-1 kind of formation. I don''t want to see full backs bombing forwards if we don''t have the midfielders to cover their position. Half of our goals come from full backs, Pinto,Martin,Olsson,Brady all being in no mans land. Doesn''t help either having Howson in a defensive role when he can''t track a midfield runner to save his life. He is either best played in an attacking midfielder role or on the bench. Same applies to Wes, Ojidja and Naismith.

Seriously lack an all rounded central midfielder, younger and improved version of O''neil. Shame we didn''t sign one this window just gone but never mind.

Got to hope Tetley and O''neil can get back to playing week in week out protecting that back four, allowing our attacking players to do the goalscoring/creativity.

Now Mr Footy Expert,  you cant be that much of an expert as you''ve only given us your pearls of wisdom 6 times in over 2 years lol 

I''m not an expert but here''s my team lol 
--------------Rudd------------- 
Russ -  - Bennett - -  Klose -  - Olsson 
----Howson---O''Neil----Brady ---
------Naismith--Hoolahan---- 
-----------Bamford------------- 

Rudd

Pinto Klose Bassong Brady

ONeill

Redmond Naismith Wes Howson

Bamford

Subs

Ruddy Martin Olsson Dorrans Jarvis Jerome Mbokani

RuddyWisdom Bennett Klose OlssonRedmond Howson O''Neil BradyNaismithMbokaniRudd, Martin, Jarvis, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Hoolahan, Bamford, JeromeI actually feel Wisdom & Redders combine well together. A recall for Ruddy.

I would go with 4411

Wisdom Klose Bennett Olsson

Jarvis Howson Mulumbu Brady

Naysmith

Bamford

Redmond, Mbokani and Hoolahan off the bench if needed

We have to go there and win, remember.  But a 1-0 would be as good as a 5-0.
                       Rudd
Martin    Klose    Bassong  Olsson
               O''Neil   Howson
    Jarvis        Naismith      Brady
                     Jerome