Sign in to follow this  
djc

Ivo Pinto

I agree Pinto was being dragged out of position by Kane but then Kane was making him look very lightweight. I also have not seen what he brings to our game and so far am not very impressed.

The lad has played 2 games in England against Liverpool and Spurs. He should have scored a hattrick and performed at least 4 diving header saves to stop us conceeding at least 2 of the 8 goals conceeded in his watch.Obviously whoever trained this lad needs a bullet much less anyone thinking he was a pro footballer.Insanity! On a lighter note, Id love to see a few of you pie eating morons step up and perform to a standard 1/2 of Pintos. You lot are pathetic throwing the lad under a bus after 180 minutes of football. Actually you should be ashamed of yourselves. Actually how about next home game we all "booooo" when his name is called out. That will fill him with confidence as well!

I''ll conceed to being a moron but would like to point out that I don''t eat pies,infact i avoid all pastry products due to the amount of fat they contain. My body is a temple.

Very strange signing. Nowhere near Premier League standards. Poor positioning and never looked tight on his opponents. Certainly not as good as our three existing right backs.

Vos

"Not as good as our three existing full backs"

No disrespect vos but I never thought I would hear those words in that order on here.

People are saying give him time.Unfortunately it''s the one thing we don''t have.It''s got to be Martin at right back on Saturday.

It is no surprise that people on here a ready to dismiss a player so easily. It has been going on for as long as I can remember.

Yes Pinto has issues with his positioning as do all of our RBs. I am trying to understand though why this guy is any greater risk than RM and Whits?

Both have been liabilities. RM ball watches, stands off when crosses are about to be delivered and cannot track runners until it is too late. Whits shows little awareness in defence, lets all and sundry run in behind him and takes for ever to try and recover.

It was interesting for me to watch Pinto last night as it seemed he was being asked to tuck in when defending and that when the ball went out wide he was expecting and even directing Howson to cover. Was this by his design or ANs?

I just get the feeling that with all the tinkering and changes in formation that no-one seems to know what their role is and how they fit into the tactics. Is AN trying to ask players to do too much and are they confused by what he is asking them to do?

It is interesting to note that AN has not played the same starting 11 since August.

I could not see and I have not been able to see what our game plans have been for many games now. Formations and selection indicate one tactic, but we end up trying to play something else that really doesn''t fit the selections.

As a guy correctly said on Canary Call last night, that AN and Norwich seem to have either lost or not developed an Identity. Players look confused and uncomfortable. No unity.

This is the greatest concern for me!

I believe that AN is over complicating things and over analysing each game, causing him to chop and change when a more settled approach would possibly be the best way forward. Play to our best teams strength.

I don''t have the answers, but I do believe in when things are not working, go back to basics and do what has worked before and you are comfortable with. At least it is a familiar place to rebuild from.

Saturday is all important now and I believe we have the quality to win. I just hope the team believes that too!

Snake

Snake

"I believe that AN is over complicating things and over analysing each game, causing him to chop and change when a more settled approach would possibly be the best way forward. Play to our best teams strength. "

Yes this. He is learning and trying things, that''s what I like about him, I''m confident he will eventually find the right formula for us, I hope it doesn''t take too long.

Whilst I am all for innovation VW is this really the time and place?

Also does it have to be for every game?

You need to create a solid foundation before you can start trying different things. A place where you can go to when it gets tough to rebuild from.

Whilst I understand AN is learning, There are players who are losing form, confidence and getting confused as a consequence.

Was very interested to see how Pinto got on last night and what struck me more than anything was that there were often two Spurs players on their left and Pinto having to cover one of them at the risk of leaving the other one free. How a player is expected to know what to do in that situation I don''t know.  Our midfielders don''t chase back positively enough - the moment they hesitate they are beaten.  Most teams we have been outplayed by do not hesitate - their players sharp at getting into the tackle as soon as possible.   Pinto needs help - as does anyone who plays right back - and he needs to be given a bit of breathing space because frankly, messing about with Martin and Whittaker has not worked either. 

grim reaper wrote the following post at 03/02/2016 7:09 PM:

Mrs Miggins, we don''t have time.

---------------

Don''t have time for what? To play Pinto at RB?

Don''t be silly.

Time for Pinto to adjust his game to the job in hand ... there are not too many games left and lots of points are needed. He''s way off the markrat the moment. Who can;t see that

Pinto clearly has a lot to learn regarding his role as a defender in a struggling PL team.

We cannot afford that.

From what I have seen of him he appears the exact opposite of what we really need in that position at this particular time.

He''ll likely become a crowd pleaser in the Chumps, but he was bought to help stave off a relegation to that league after all.

Well after 6 months and the manager having no idea of what team to put out on a regular basis he could easily finish up in goal for the Villa game.

AN the tinker man. Still think he will pull it off and keep us up. The one thing out of everything that''s happened this season, that I really can''t grasp, is why Bennett is not playing! Surely he must be sick or carrying a knock!

BroadstairsR wrote the following post at 04/02/2016 6:04 AM:He''ll likely become a crowd pleaser in the Chumps, but he was bought to help stave off a relegation to that league after all.

-----------------------------

But you''ve written him off after 2 games along with the team in this league.

Soon as someone runs at him he just seems to run away from them and you can''t give a top forward 4/5 yards of space. Even in the brief highlights Kane did it time and time again, firmino in the Liverpool game too.

What has happened to wisdom? I though he was pretty impressive at right back, would be starting at villa for me

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]Soon as someone runs at him he just seems to run away from them and you can''t give a top forward 4/5 yards of space. Even in the brief highlights Kane did it time and time again, firmino in the Liverpool game too.

What has happened to wisdom? I though he was pretty impressive at right back, would be starting at villa for me[/quote]So when you saw him backing off, was there any other Norwich defender anywhere near? Strange that exactly the same criticism is made of Martin. Maybe both actually know something about when to back off and when not?

I like Pinto. Yes you can see he has things to learn, but i would stick with him, this is actually the perfect time to play him, hes our new RB so let him learn by playing every game. His inclusion will not weaken the team,i feel the more games he plays the  better he will become,no point dropping him like a stone after 2 games. Going back to Whitts or Martin serves no useful purpose at all. If he had to be dropped, i guess Wisdom may be an alternative. Much more important than worrying about Pinto is Alex getting more energy and cohesiveness in the whole team, closing down holes in numbers, etc etc

Better than Whittaker and Wisdom and possibly on a par with Martin at RB at the moment. A harsh introduction to the PL but has experience and potential to improve. The next couple of games will gave a fairer assessment of his ability and potential

Has potential but needs time to settle, we don''t have that time now so Russ needs to be the starting right back for me.

He''s spent the last couple of years winning the Croatian league at a canter, and he''s played two matches for us against Liverpool and Spurs. Hardly surprised he looks out of his depth! In neither of those games did he look like a natural defender (to put it politely), but he''s been playing for a team that is dominant in its league and therefore will most likely have been playing as an auxiliary winger for a lot of the time. I''m prepared to reserve judgement until he''s had a little time to adjust.