Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Question on our fist team coaches.....

Are the first team coaches up to PL standards?

I am becoming of the opinion that they have, to the best of my knowledge very limited experience in the football league. Garry I seem to recall spent some time as manager at Falkirk,and coaching at Lowestoft. Frankie only in Scottish football. Sure someone out there will quickly correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions .

Not quite the experience required at the level of tactics at PL level thats needed.

I am not calling for them or AN to go, merely asking if they need an experience PL coach to give them a hand.

I don''t think they have

I have never know a city team where not one player is playing above his skill level ( aka holt )

where grit and belief got them to playing above their own level

if you look at

russ martin ..... can play at this level if not a star can be solid now haking everytime he goes on pitch

Redmond....... nowhere near the level he has shown before and seems to have gone backwards

bassong .............. gone backwards always had a mistake but not every game as now

Olsson........... not the same player not looking solid at all froze against spurs couldn''t kick ball out or back to keeper

ruddy ....... don''t really no if off field is effecting him but dropped form like no other season

howson .. no progress at all offers very little as a pl player

strikers well goals for them or even chances is not good enough

brady...... started well just came into club fresh ideas has that been coached out of him as not playing anywhere near how he was when first arrived

so no I don''t think the coaches are getting anywhere near the effort or the confidence of the players ,they have no system to work to or a style of play that they play I will point out to Bournemouth they play nearly the same system all season easy for new players to slot into than no system at all

maybe its AN I don''t know but I think if the players don''t know their jobs trust each other to do their own jobs

we know we have not got the best players we know supporting Norwich will be hard we know its hard in this league

but if the players were drilled to a system and position and had that steel inside I am sure we could be doing better not much but better than we are

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Up to their elbows in coaching techniques[/quote]

I think we need to adopt an "iron fist in velvet glove" policy.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Up to their elbows in coaching techniques[/quote]

I think we need to adopt an "iron fist in velvet glove" policy.

Joking aside, this is something that concerns me. I trust Neil to learn from his mistakes and improve as a manager over time, but in the interim period there does seem to be an absence of top-level experience in his coaching team. I wonder whether there might be a situation where the board, rather than sack Neil, offer him the opportunity to continue but only with a more experienced team around him. I''m sure he''s fiercely loyal to his team, and McAvoy in particular, but there''s no one at the club he can learn from directly. After the recent fiascos with Royle and Phelan, maybe we are reluctant to go down that route – but either way, if there''s any way that we can find to persevere with Neil should our form continue to falter, I''d be all for it. I genuinely believe he could become a top manager, and the longer he stays here and learns his trade the better. Infinitely preferable to appointing a battle-hardened dinosaur like Pulis or Allardyce.

Heard a few people mention this at the ground the other night, including an ex NCFC player. Ironically, we could do with a Mike Phelan type figure, bit of experience, unfortunately all our coaches and manager have little in the way of experience, which is a worry.

I''d heard club cabbage had got bad but

"Fist team coach"

Ouch...

"Regulas ooonly!!"

But in relation to the point you raise, I can see no way that a Joe Royal type appointment would be in any way acceptable to AN, he''s the sort of guy that will do it on his own or not at all IMO.

Of course on the positive, it''s probably good to have your prostate checked occasionally.

(By a qualified doctor)

[quote user="Number9"]Of course on the positive, it''s probably good to have your prostate checked occasionally.

(By a qualified doctor)[/quote]"Jeez Doc, you could have taken your ring off""Thats my wristwatch"