Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

James Maddison - nice piece about him

Thank you for the link. I spent some time reading newspaper reports from the past year that mention this lad and he does seem to have generated a lot of excitement among the Coventry faithful. I do like the sound of his attitude and hope that he can be an effective fulcrum of our team in the next couple of years (be it in the Premiership or the Championship). Nobody ever knows how skills and ability shown at League 1 will translate at a higher level, but there are a few examples around of those who have made the step up with ease and I am quite excited by this lad. I will be following his progress with Coventry keenly over the rest of the season and I hope his development doesn''t end up stalling once he reaches us.

A great read, makes me quite excited, as he sound a real gem.

If he follows Callum Wilson from the Coventry academy , and does as well, all city fans will be over the moon.

Reading it, makes you wonder if the powers that be, at CR, see him as a natural successor to Wes.

Interesting that he''s left a team where he''s starting every week to join a club where he''ll be playing development football instead. Do we honestly think he''ll make the step up next season when he returns? Is he going to be good enough to displace Howson, Wes, or Naismith in that number 10 role? My guess is that he won''t even make the bench next year, which is a shame for young lad. It''s like Man City on a smaller scale buying up talent and then swallowing them up.

Why not?..good possibility we will be in Champs, a long hard 46 game season. Wes will be another year older, his playing time likely even less restricted, we have no idea if Naisy will stay, thou hopefully he will. If in the Champs i can see him getting games, maybe less so if  we stay in Prem, but who knows. i think Alex would try him much sooner than some think.

Surprised you didn''t add that we''ll probably be in League 1 the year after so we''ll really see him at his best then.

Have some faith!!!