Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Barclay lower atmosphere or lack of

Steady on Barclay, i''m in the Cathedral lounge, admittedly one of the youngest in there (me and my 12 year old daughter ! but like the rest of the city stand the average age is not so young, love our seats there, but the atmosphere is not dissimilar to the river end, but away games..... even those around seem to come to life, why only on away days do some only get into the "supporting" spirit ?? thats what i would like to know.......

To lessingham ,,, you know I am being lighthearted about all this I think , I know supporters from all around the ground from a wide variety of socio economic groups ,, we are all supporters ,, but support in differing ways ,, it''s interesting to hear some of the comments though , not sure why some want to be negative constantly , but it''s not just this forum ,, if that is any comfort !

Barclay, absolutely no worries, didn''t take it serious in any way, some want to be negative because thats how they like to lead their lives, and thats what makes the world go round, i guess, everyone is different and see''s things so differently at times.

Fact is any modern ground can feel flat one week and be jumping the next week, take Stoke a few weeks ago, voted best atmosphere last season in PL ? was dead when we there, imo.

In truth, if anything is going to kill an atmosphere it''s going a goal down to a side that were likely to beat us comfortably anyway in 90 seconds. What''s that old cliche about the first battle for an away side being silencing the crowd? Well Spurs did that before anyone had caught their breath from the carefully orchestrated pre-match OTBC.

At least Tommy Bryceland got a fantastic ovation, from the Spurs fans too, so we got something right.

[quote user="cityangel"]Cant believe that fans have given Yoda such a hard time for just stating that it was quieter than usual in the Barclay, which I thought it was too.

He''s a staunch ncfc fan and has been for many years, he can''t help living in Suffolk, give him a break.[/quote]

Thanks CA it''s hard enough living in Suffolk without being labelled as " one of them " !