Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Barclay lower atmosphere or lack of

What the hell has happened to the Barclay ? a few years ago it used to be full of "blokes" the atmosphere was pretty decent week on week but now i look round and nobody wants to get behind the team and most of them look like they have been turfed out the main stand.I had two behind me last night talked non stop through the game most of sh1t and nothing to do with football they may as well gone done the pub for all the interest they showed in the game,so much for E block.

It''s been like that for years.

Gone are the days of the atmosphere like the winning goal in the dying seconds against Derby in the Lambert promotion season

Now that was a season when the Carra rocked

It''s like Chris Hughton is back in charge obviously without the defensive skill

Typical response when someone dares to say it how it is, and btw I''ve probably been to more Norwich games than you''ve had hot dinners

We got to the prem (with lambert) and the atmosphere has slowly started to die. It''s a shame. Victory has defeated a lot of our fans. Now it''s just expectation.

By the way I''m not exempt from this.

[quote user="yoda"]Typical response when someone dares to say it how it is, and btw I''ve probably been to more Norwich games than you''ve had hot dinners[/quote]

Agreed anyone who doesn''t tow the party line gets shouted down as a traitor. The barclay needs a good clear out,

Barclay seats.

FYI i have been watching Norwich since 1976 so yes i do not what i''m talking about.Stowmarket has it''s fair share of city fans so no i''m not a binner and to suggest anyone living outside Norfolk can''t possibly be a Norwich fan is pretty ignorant.

Like I said Yoda ,, early seventies , not mid to late . So no I don''t think you have been to more games at Carrow road than I have , probably not more than my daughter .

I don''t presume that you are a Binner solely because of your geographical location , but deduce it more from your attitude .

There wasn''t anything in my post that isn''t true,but obviously anyone who dares to be critical of ncfc in anyway must be a binner by your rational? I''m Norwich through and through and don''t have to explain myself to you suffice to say the atmosphere has gone downhill,the Barclay is no longer the bedrock of atmosphere and i have years of going to CR to draw on to come to that conclusion.

[quote user="yoda"]There wasn''t anything in my post that isn''t true,but obviously anyone who dares to be critical of ncfc in anyway must be a binner by your rational? I''m Norwich through and through and don''t have to explain myself to you suffice to say the atmosphere has gone downhill,the Barclay is no longer the bedrock of atmosphere and i have years of going to CR to draw on to come to that conclusion.[/quote]

Where do you sit ????

If only we could all chant at a match as loudly as internet forum slanging matches!!!

That said, it can often be a double edged sword situation:- Sometimes, just occasionally, the team or individual players on the pitch need to give us a little something to get excited about.

Sometimes, we need to give our players some support and encouragement.

Take the Everton home match. Poor first half, players booed off at half-time. A much improved second half, crowd fully behind the team. It works both ways!

Was some cracking banter and gallows humour at the back of E block last night.

Pity that people didn''t join in with our "We polished your turd" retort to Tottenhams "He''s one of our own" Harry Kane chant.

We even had a second verse lined up and everything...

[quote user="yoda"]Typical response when someone dares to say it how it is, and btw I''ve probably been to more Norwich games than you''ve had hot dinners[/quote]Believe me Waveney had plenty of hot dinners and more than one on some days.[:P]

Its not about being disloyal or "telling it how it is", its about self entitlement. Why are you expecting others to create atmosphere for you, what did you do to try and create some?

Poor response to a valid point ,I too have been too many games every one from 1969-2007 then up to half the games since then ,due to ill health ect, and I have been called a binner! Atmosphere is very poor nowadays ,seats and prices and hotel has killed it .

Atmosphere was pretty poor, but it has been good at times this season. Fans since Lambert are now typically more reactive than proactive. Thus, the team gives the fans something to get behind we generally do. It''s hard in a game like Spurs where you''re outclassed for 90 mins and concede 2 mins in.
Also, the two guys talking not paying attention, were they Row M of E block by the way? And no, it wasn''t myself.

[quote user="Loyal Canary"]The grumbling from the river end upper is getting louder and louder as the season progresses[/quote]It is their stomachs grumbling as you have eaten all the pies ! [;)]

It''s what you get when you have almost all of your capacity as season ticket holders - no mobility and The Barclay supporters have just got old together. There is no difference between there and say, the Cathedral Lounge except 10 - 20 points average on the IQ measurement.

And none of those matured souls wants to move because they are in the cheap seats plus in their physical decline they still like to think of themselves as ''lads'' when what they really crave is a bit of peace and quiet.

The Barclay lived for a few years after the seats went in, in truth it was only ever a quarter section of the stand when it was sanding who were the real Barclay so those few spread out over a whole seating tier then getting long in the tooth has done for this stand.

In the same way you never hear about The North Bank or The Shed and I wonder if The Holte End or Kop have anything like the old atmospheres; certainly The Stretford End is long dead.

Stop giving those poor old boys in The Barclay a hard time, respect your elders and don''t put so much expectation on them.

Coming soon: the silent snivelling River Enders and their sore forelocks.

The sad part is most Barclay goers still seem to think they could rival Borrusia Dortmund''s south bank.

I relocated from the Barclay to the River End last season and with a clear view aided by firmly seated compatriots i''ve realised just how bad the "barclay atmosphere" actually is.

The pre match OTBC sounds like murmered wave of nothingness. If you didn''t know the words you still wouldn''t be none the wiser after hearing it. The wave of nothingness is usually followed by 90 minutes of nothingness.

On the odd occasion we might get a round of "Nathan Redmond.. Da Da Da Da"

Or the other favourite.. "Johnny Howson.. Da Da Da Da"

Or the new one to the collection.. "Steve Naismith.. Da Da Da Da"

As for goal celebrations they are just as "wild" in the River End, no joke.

If it wasn''t for the Snake Pit Carrow Road would be dead.

Cant believe that fans have given Yoda such a hard time for just stating that it was quieter than usual in the Barclay, which I thought it was too.

He''s a staunch ncfc fan and has been for many years, he can''t help living in Suffolk, give him a break.

I think , like Morty says , why expect somebody else to be making some noise for you to listen to ?

The more rational on here appreciate that when the performance is lacking the support will usually be less vociferous , but claiming that the Cathedral lounge has a higher IQ levelled supporter ? Haha 😂😂 most of them probably don''t even remember how they got to be there !

Apparently the Barclay singing is inaudible from the river end ? Try turning up your hearing aid ,,,, I said try turning ,,,, oh never mind !

Complimentary hearing aids to hear the Barclay.. sounds like a great idea to me!

We should start placing them on seats like the infamous clappers.