Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Villa Match Thread

Neil has to go he makes Hughton look like a top manager , not had a decent striker at the club all season and Bamford on loan was never going to be enough . Going to need a whole new Championship side next season .

I think this is the worst all season. We haven''t even troubled a Villa side who have been the worst Prem team since Derby. Stick the youth team lads in. At least they seem to have a bit of fight about them.

Players totally unmotivated, lacking in confidence and not doing the basics right. We defend terribly and offer very little threat going forward.

It isn''t just the results it is the performances over these last 5 games that have been the killer.

While I feel somewhat sorry for AN the buck stops with the manager- he has to go.

[quote user="Darth Bor"]On the bright side, we''re keeping the goals conceded down to two.[/quote]

Not finished yet!

Utterly hopeless, this team is just not good enough, we are going down,  not even the most die hard blinkered fan can deny that now,

Howson usually does show great endeavour, effort and plays well but usually unnoticed - at least he looks like he makes an effort to battle. Did Redmond come on as a sub?

Confidence is the problem, it''s looking like the Liverpool game has destroyed them

Sh*t Sunderland equalise. SUnderland sscoring goals. Newcastle scoring and not conceding.

We''ve lost embarrassingly against Villa & Newcastle. Maybe now we''re down we have nothing to lose and will start playing!

Time to give Jerome, Bamford, heck even Laffs a run up front!

[quote user="Herman "]FECKIN'' BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!![/quote]Now now Herman. Nigel won''t like it.I hope to Christ we get something against West Ham or AN is going to feel a cold blast.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[quote user="Samwam27"]The fact we can''t even score against a very poor Villa side![/quote]When you concede 2 per game scoring isn''t really the problem.

Honestly this looks like a team not playing for the manager any more, the sack is likely coming for AN I suspect, very sad really.

Villa looked pretty dire and yet we have somehow gifted them a win.

I thought throughout that if we score Villa would crumble. Instead we blew it with weak defending. There appears to be no ability to learn. Just look at the second goal.villa tried the same thing twice scoring on the second attempt. Poppadom defensive play.

Hope the club refunds the poor fans who had to travel to see that sh*t. Also hope they make a statement letting the fans know they do indeed understand that you have to try to score to win. Neil says they aren''t doing the basics in defense, but they aren''t doing the basics anywhere.

What to do now?

Plan for relegation, as has been suggested above or make one last (and expensive) gamble on a David Moyes type of manager with at least some experience at this level.

I have always been in favour of keeping AN even if relegation happens, but the nonsense of the last few weeks has given rise to doubts ... big time.

He night be just as shambolic in the Championship second time around.

His selections are now consistently wrong. The players are not playing with zest or confidence. Too many changes week in week out.

He''s like a kid in a sweet shop wanting to try out different flavours all the time. He has a lot of talent at his disposal, imo, but seems lost with such an abundance of riches.

We now need a barnstorming finish, and starting no later than next week, to stand any chance of survival.

Eyes shut, fingers crossed.

[quote user="Ginja"]Honestly this looks like a team not playing for the manager any more, the sack is likely coming for AN I suspect, very sad really.[/quote]no.. this looks like a team with 13 players in the squad who''ve all been relegated before...Newcastle have just 4...Our transfer and scouting policy is a joke.. it was for Hughton, Adams and Alex Neil... 3 different managers who have had to deal with a cheaply assembled bunch of players who no one else wanted and who have ultimately failed before due to not being good enough.Sack the scouting regime and get in people who know what it takes to stay in the division... why do we buy players who do not have the stomach for a fight?If we do get relegated then within 2 seasons I do not want a single player with a relegation under their belt at the club.I''d wager Lambert saw what was coming which is why he jumped ship.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Herman "]FECKIN'' BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!![/quote]Now now Herman. Nigel won''t like it.I hope to Christ we get something against West Ham or AN is going to feel a cold blast.BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/quote]I should think even the most positive of fans are secretly booing that effort.It was rubbish. Sorry Alex, I desparately want to stick behind him, but it hasn''t been made easy. I''d give the players a good slapping as well. (If they weren''t all bigger and stronger than me that is).[:D]