Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Villa Match Thread

Half time subs will be interesting.

Mbokani doesn''t deserve to be subbed, whilst Bamford needs to come on.

All out attack for me. We cannot afford to draw this game let alone lose it. They are useless up front so lets have a good go at attack and take some risks.

So I would also add Redmond''s pace. One of the defensive mid-fielders off, Mulumbu, along with Hooli who is not at his most effective.

tactics and selection are so incredibly wrong for this kind of gamein fact our starting 11 has been all over the shop for some time now, no consistency, look unbalanced every week

Not sure why there''s no changes at HT, does that mean AN was happy with their performances?!

Substandard players are letting us down. O''Neil, Mulumbu, Martin and Hoolihan. All poor and we have better players on the bench

[quote user="AJ"]Not sure why there''s no changes at HT, does that mean AN was happy with their performances?![/quote]i think it means hes confident he selected the right 11 and tactics to win the game and he has faith they will turn it around

which is a bit of a problem

Big trouble now. No changes made at half time = same results on the pitch.

All over from here I should think as far as 3 points today is concerned!

Rush of blood from Rudd then.

Ruddy in next game. Probably should have come back 2 games ago.

Soon as i saw the team today i knew it wasnt good, same old same old..Brady at LB is just not the answer, hes a decent LB but we need his energy further up the pitch. Mulumbu...oh dear..and above all..same dang formation. Up to the goal we had closed down players a bit more but...this is a Villa team with a heap of injuries. Cannot wait until this season is over, another 3 months of torture to go. Feel sorry  for Villa fans if theyre  thinking this is a start of a revival..both teams are nailed on for the drop.

Absolutely embarrassing lack of effort and ability all over the park. Don''t actually think any of our players not in the 11 inspire me with confidence either. Up shit creek without a paddle as the saying goes.

This game sums up exactly why we are going down! Basic mistakes all over the pitch, little threat up front and poor team selection!

IMO Ruddy should never have been dropped - he made far fewer mistakes than he was ever blamed for, keeping with a mistake-ridden defence ahead of you must be a nightmare.

We''re going down. Something is very wrong with this team. No fight or spirit

Herman wrote the following post at 2016-02-06 6:59 PM:

Come on City. Don''t let us down. For the love of God, don''t let us down.

Looks like they have H. Long way to go but a miracle needed now!

Nothing about our team scares other teams.

We have Redmond, one of Englands most exciting talents, stuck on the bench.

Mbokani who has done relatively well given the poor service.

We''re playing with 2 creative midfielders in hoolahan and naismith but still can''t score!

toothless I think is the summary

Rudd and Ruddy both have the same goalkeeper coach.. rudd and ruddy both make the same mistakes...I think we know where the p45 needs to go.

Down and out mate, Villa are absolute dog sh*te and look at this game. Appalling and embarassing, Neil playing two midfielders as wingers, Mulumbu who looks totally out of his depth should of been hooked at half time, defence static for the first, Rudd messing up for the 2nd. Self-implosions are our speciality it seems.