Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

That relegation feeling

Anyone else feeling that very same thing they''ve felt in past relegation seasons? I know I am. Feels all too familiar.

If we are relegated, I don''t see the point in busting a gut for promotion again because we never know how to handle it. I mean this sincerely, I think we''re best sticking to the Championship as that seems to be our Premiership.

Agree no point in promotion if the muppets on the board dont care if you stay there or not it is nice to see your team win games but even better to see your team win in the Premiership

I mean the board have backed us so I don''t even blame them. They invested over £20m in the squad this January. It just seems however we tackle the Prem, it''s never enough. We are most comfortable in the league below.

Today felt almost make or break. And we blew it.

Threw away points to a bang average almost mid table Liverpool side despite being 3-1 up.

After having 10 days to work on a better defensive unit then conceding in under 2 mins against a Spurs side who didn''t even get out of 1st gear.

Then today against arguably one of the worst sides the prem has ever seen. And they manage to get 3 points and a clean sheet. A side very short of confidence. So what did we do. We went defensive with no wingers and sat too deep.

Unfortunately we are going down.

I do have that feeling, though am positive because we have an absolutely brilliant championship team and AN as a manager so would expect a swift return to the PL like last time, though am more confident because we actually have a manager this time. Providing we can keep the players here like we did last time then we''ll be fine if we do go down.

When the board doesn''t spend the money though what else do the fans really expect. The momentum from the previous season lasted a while, but to expect the team to gel like watfords team has is asking a lot. There''s still a lot to play for, but it''s not looking good.

Ive had the relegation feeling since before the season started, even after the so called better moments. Directly after the Southampton win i said City would lose the next 4 games, now theyve made it 5 league games. At no point in this season have i felt like we would stay up. Only difference now is, we are finally where we belong, in the bottom 3. My main lookout was,  how Alex would do, in the Premier League where its brutal., where he had got us out of the Champs with a side almost completely Champs quality, and into the big boys league. Sadly Alex has not had the answers in to many areas.Question now is, do the board back him into the Champs, to see him keep rebuilding the team, and trust that hes still learning, and will eventually find a right formula, or do they sack him and start all over again.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Anyone else feeling that very same thing they''ve felt in past relegation seasons? I know I am. Feels all too familiar.

If we are relegated, I don''t see the point in busting a gut for promotion again because we never know how to handle it. I mean this sincerely, I think we''re best sticking to the Championship as that seems to be our Premiership.[/quote]

Yeah I''ve got that feeling, the fact is our board are ''smaller'' (not small) minded than is needed for the premier league, we''re a medium sized club that have been fortunate enough to make it in with the big boys, no bigger than clubs like Sunderland, Hull, Middlesborough, Cardiff, Derby, the list goes on, all have been fortunate like us in recent times to make it. Next season 21000 season tickets, huge parachute payment, transfer revenue generated from fire sale circa 25mill and most appealing id imagine is the removal of the pressure for ground expansion, No hunger brought on by strong local rivals or having to really try to get the punters into the stadium

[quote user="shaunieboy77"]Watford and Bournemouth seem to have adapted quite well. How hard can it be?[/quote]

The way football works ie finance they are far bigger clubs than us. In the championship Bournemouth arent bigger than us but took a chance at breaking financial fair play last year and won the gamble. Had they have not got promoted last year they would have had a transfer embargo put on them

Unfortunately professional football is one of the few places in sport where it pays to cheat.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I do have that feeling, though am positive because we have an absolutely brilliant championship team and AN as a manager so would expect a swift return to the PL like last time, though am more confident because we actually have a manager this time. Providing we can keep the players here like we did last time then we''ll be fine if we do go down.

When the board doesn''t spend the money though what else do the fans really expect. The momentum from the previous season lasted a while, but to expect the team to gel like watfords team has is asking a lot. There''s still a lot to play for, but it''s not looking good.[/quote]We have a fantastic Championship team ? really , take out those that will leave and those that probably need moving on like Martin and we will have a shell of a squad . Take a look at our strikers we only own Jerome and Lafferty  , and also take into consideration a lot of Championship clubs are spending sums of money that we would not in that league . I very much doubt we would bounce back again , we only managed it via the backdoor route last time .As for your trust in AN i think almost everybody is starting to see that he has been massively over hyped by some City fans , he looks the worst in the Premier by a wide margin .

We have a fantastic Championship team ? really , take out those that will leave and those that probably need moving on like Martin and we will have a shell of a squad . Take a look at our strikers we only own Jerome and Lafferty , and also take into consideration a lot of Championship clubs are spending sums of money that we would not in that league . I very much doubt we would bounce back again , we only managed it via the backdoor route last time .As for your trust in AN i think almost everybody is starting to see that he has been massively over hyped by some City fans , he looks the worst in the Premier by a wide margin .

---------------------------------

Why would we get rid of Martin if we go down? Surely he''s a good championship player to have around.

The key, like last time, is keeping the team together. Although many said the last time we were relegated that we should look to rebuild the squad, we kept it together and we had the best form in the league once we got in a proper manager - the points we made up was incredible and if we had just got rid of Adams a little earlier we would''ve gone up automatically.

As for my trust in AN - I trust that he''d get us up again, because he''d have a full season (I''d expect us to win the league comfortably with this team). However as for my trust in him to keep us in this league this season, it''s been very thin, though I don''t know what city fans expect when we don''t spend anything in the summer.

Not spending enough and AN tinkering with the team are the main reasons imo why I have ''that relegation feeling.''

Our forward line is going to need strengthening if and when we go down, don''t fancy tackling a championship season with Jerome and Lafferty! There is a lad at Wednesday called Hooper that looks like he knows where the net is that may be worth a punt.

Certainly nothing to feel optimistic about at the moment, but Hey typical Norwich always throws everything away when they can take advantage.

To be fair it did feel a bit like that at Villa Park today. Howling wind, swirling rain and a limp 2-0 defeat against a team that had won just one previous home game all season.Afterwards as we trudged out into the sodden street the away fans raucous chants of, " Going down with the Villa " did add a touch of light relief.....