Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

If we lost the next four/five...

The impression I get is that the board are behind Alex Neil, come what may. Say we lost the next four, perhaps five games, meaning we''d lost 8 or 9 games in a row, where do you think that leaves Alex Neil?

Will they blindly back him into relegation or do you think they''d act and get someone else, like they did last time we found ourselves in a relegation battle? Surely if McNally has learnt anything from that season, it''s that he didn''t act early enough.

If we lost the next four or five then we would need to plan for relegation.

1. Keep AN. No Adams like appointments.

2. Hold on to as many of our major assets on the playing side as is possible eg. Redmond, Brady, Naismith and hopefully Klose and one or two others.

3. Pension off some of the old guard eg. Seb.

4. Look towards this youth we have brought in .... seemingly with relegation a possibility.

Pray to Buddha that it doesn''t happen.

I don''t think they would sack him, although I guess it depends on the nature of the performances to a degree. I think Hughton''s decline happened over a longer period of time and I think the Board are beginning to take a more long-term view with Neil. The guy has a proven record of promotion and the Club as a whole seem to be sowing seeds for the future. Replacing the manager doesn''t guarantee success or even necessarily improve the chances. If we are considered likely to go down I suspect they would rather stick with the guy who has proven he can bring us back up over appointing some random dude who may or may not have similar credentials.

Not a chance Alex would get the sack.

Couple of players would have to go to balance the books. Like Fer & Snoddy.

Redmond will only have 12 months left to run on a contract so he would go. Klose and Naismith must be 2 of the highest earners.

No matter what division we would be in there would be lots of changes.

Two points RDS7, the board would not oust AN having just given him over 20 million to spend and we will not lose our next 4 or 5 games on the bounce.

"If we lost the next four/five..."Proper fans will be saying....."When we win the next four/five..."Miserablists will be planning their annual relegation party. [<:o)]

Even if we were relegated there''s no guarantee AN would be as successful in the Chump as he was first time round.

Losing the next 4/5 games would effectively relegate us there and then and the remainder of the games would be hell for him. The fans would likely turn against him big time and I''m not sure he would want to stay anyway.

The feeling I get from fans in the ground and in the pubs they are just about on his side, but only just.

Harsh but that''s football.

Could be worse, we could have Gary Neville!

"If we lost the next four/five..."

Proper fans will be saying.....

"When we win the next four/five..."

Miserablists will be planning their annual relegation party."

Come on old chap. Face a little reality at least. Things are not good and false optimism doesn''t help matters.

I still think we''ll sneak it, but the opening question was about losing the next five games. This would mean certainties for the drop.

Face up to it old friend. We could be relegated.

Unlucky? Deserved? Inevitable? I wouldn''t know, but it''s got nothing to do with ''real fans'' as you put it.

Real fans have to be realists as well.

P.S. I really hope your optimism bears fruit.

I think we''ll beat Villa and take points of Swansea, West Ham and Chelsea. It''s going to be tight but the NE clubs are a shambles and Swansea aren''t much better. We just have to hope mclaren gets just enough results to avoid the sack. He''ll take the toon down. It''s probably going to come down to the three games against our relegation rivals. Those are the priorities and both games against the NE clubs we''re at home. There''s along way to go yet. West Brom and Bournemouth may still have a wobble in them. Stay positive peeps.

My take on it is that if we lose the next two games and there is no improvement in performance the Board need to act as it would be very difficult to see an upturn in fortunes under AN after that. If the Board dont act in that situation my take is that their words about the need to stay in the Premier League become rather hollow and they accept relegation. Twelve games left at that stage would give the right man a chance.

If we lost the next five there would be no possibility of him surviving despite what the directors might think.Once the crowd turns its all over.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]We will win 2 of next 5 IMO, what then?[/quote]What then?We''d be on target for 38 points and probable survival.

It would utter madness to consider getting rid of a manager who has proved he can get us promoted to the top league.  Say we replaced him and  results continued to go badly and we were relegated.  It would mean we had just lost probably the best chance of getting us back the following season.   The Premier League is not the be all and end all for a club like ours.    If we were to get a huge financial backer, then we could consider that we could make a go of staying in the top league on a more permanent basis.  Until then a yo yo club we will be.  Get used to it and stay behind the manager whatever. He deserves it.

Villa = DrawWest Ham = LossLeicester =LossChelsea= Loss Could easily be our results, but I''d still stick with him because it''s home games against Newcastle, Sunderland and Watford that we could win, bringing us close to safety. All is not lost and Alex Neils job is safe.

I personal don''t think he is going to be such a great manager as others think no system or style of play not playing as a unit more players out of form than I can remember yes e got us up which was fantastic was that the best he will achieve ~??

if we lost the next 4 games it is stick or twist time

I would go for david moyes

I''m not sure it would be utter madness to get rid of a manager who was almost certainly taking us down (based on the assumption that we lost the next 5 games). Quite the opposite in fact. That would be throwing away a chance of staying up on the basis that AN would be the best bet to bring us back up again after he had failed. In fact there is no guarantee that he, or anyone else, will be able to achieve that.

We have gambled by splashing the cash because staying up is such a huge prize and I''m sorry but the Premier League is the be all and end all for a club like ours - precisely because we don''t have wealthy benefactors. The TV money is riches that we can never generate from other means and from that stems better players, better ground, better facilities and a far more optimistic future. I don''t see that we would do that on the one hand and then throw in the towel with 10 games to go. Absolutely every opportunity of staying up must be taken as we could very genuinely trod a similar path to many other ex-premier teams struggling in the division below.

Getting here was a terrific achievement which will not be easy to replicate - far better to throw everything at staying here.

For the record I don''t think we will lose the next 5 games and and think AN will keep us in and around the mix long enough to see through the rest of the season.

Lessingham Canary wrote:

We will win 2 of next 5 IMO, what then?

What then?

Ricardo wrote;

We''d be on target for 38 points and probable survival.

Exactly, lets not throw the baby out with the bath water as I used to plead to my old mum when sat in the bath as scared toddler............

even if we stayed up I would still review the managers position

its been a funny season for us a lot of players out of form

no game plan / strange subs

its really is down to opinion if you think AN will become a good manager or not

keep him or like our players have been upgraded upgrade the manager in the summer

Yeah, I don''t really get this thing of standing by AN if he takes us down.

Hughton had shown he could get promoted out of the Champs but nobody thought he deserved a chance to get us back up.

The question isn''t whether AN can get us up, it''s whether he can keep us up. He has to be judged on this season. So far he is just scraping by but only just.

[quote user="lake district canary"]It would utter madness to consider getting rid of a manager who has proved he can get us promoted to the top league.  Say we replaced him and  results continued to go badly and we were relegated.  It would mean we had just lost probably the best chance of getting us back the following season.   The Premier League is not the be all and end all for a club like ours.    If we were to get a huge financial backer, then we could consider that we could make a go of staying in the top league on a more permanent basis.  Until then a yo yo club we will be.  Get used to it and stay behind the manager whatever. He deserves it.

[/quote]Do you really think the crowd would sit idly twiddling their collective thumbs and humming OTBC if we lost the next five games?If we lost the next 5 games it would be ten straight loses.There isn''t a manager on earth who could survive that.

AN states that there could be trouble ahead if we keep losing matches. I bet Lappinitup wishes he was clever enough to make that connection. Mind you when he was young he probably had to help get the harvest in rather than receive an education :).

Broady...

Why do you miserablists think your eternal miserying about the future is reality? The future hasn''t happened yet. Reality will only be the case when it has.

It''s OK! Doesn''t matter - we''re safe!!

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/galleries/4605/Football-Manager-predicts-Premier-League-tabel-sportgalleries/Football-Manager-2016-predicts-the-Premier-League-table-103275

Why would we want to sack AN and his settled team selection and have a manager like Claudio Ranieri when we''ve got the Lowestoft Town coach and the Pie Man from Hamilton

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Only in Lakey''s strange football world could a manager survive 10 straight losses ricardo. [/quote]Perhaps he''s never been at Carrow Rd when the crowd call time, TIL.Our board have never been quick on the draw but they know you can''t back a loser for very long. They were patient with Hughton and even Worthy was given every chance but all things come to a natural end. Once it becomes Christians v Lions there is only one winner.Hanging the bloke out to dry is a cruel way to end any managers tenure but better quick than slow.Hopefully wins against Villa and West Ham will make the whole question academic.

[quote user="daly"]Why would we want to sack AN and his settled team selection and have a manager like Claudio Ranieri when we''ve got the Lowestoft Town coach and the Pie Man from Hamilton[/quote]
Are you confident we would get a manager like Ranieri when the time comes, daly? If so, what evidence from our history leads you to that conclusion?

I wouldn''t want him to go but you can''t argue we''d be up shit creek without a paddle if we lost the next 5.

I think that would just about sway the crowd and therefore the board.

It was always going to be a tough season with the odd thrashing from £300m teams but that''s the way it is. Our key "attribute" will be how determined the players are to eek out the points.

I think we just about have the ability, we just need to be more positive at times and a bit less respectful. It''s not often we come flying out of the blocks this season meaning we leave ourselves a lot to do in many games.

Villa away and West Ham at home represents our latest in a long line of chances we have to pick up some momentum. We''ve got 2 hard teams out of the way in Spurs and Liverpool at least.