Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

What has AN done THIS SEASON to justify being in the job tomorrow?

I cannot think of anything. There is no obvious game plan, no obvious best XI, no plan B and no real clue.

For me there needs to be a press conference in the morning and a new manager in by next week. There are some good ones out there- with the experience needed. AN is shot of ideas. He needs to go.

I have to be honest and say nothing this season. If anything he has hampered the team with his constant changes to the defence

Nothing this season. But is he our best chance of an instant return to the prem following relegation?

He clearly has talent, evident from last season and his time with Hamilton.

The one thing I always expected to see from his sides were fight an passion. A manger who clearly enjoys the underdog role. The problem is I dont think higher profile players, such as Mulumbu and Mbokani for example, are motivated by his sort of do or die attitude to management. His relative young age doesnt help with this either.

I just don''t think Neil is ready to manage at this level.

Well the general feeling on Losing the next 5 thread was that it didn''t matter and AN would see the season out. I think fewer will support that position now.AN won''t be sacked tonight but losing badly to West Home will likely result in him being shown the door in my opinion. If not then the club may just as well hoist the white flag.

I am feeling agreement with Ricardo on this one ,,, this is an extremely important season ,, almost imperative not to be relegated ,, but we are drifting towards it with a rapidly decreasing window to make a change , I said a. Outlet of months back that I thought he needed help from somebody like Moyes , for an example , until the end of the season . I now feel that it may be too late for this kind approach and think the sack is more fitting and likely if we don''t improve quickly .

AN has done nothing whatsoever. Totally lost the plot. Will the board dither as they did with CH or sack him now. My opinion is that the board with dither, as frankly while the money is coming in they are content.

Off the pitch, he has done much, he inherited a team that was relegated 2 seasons ago, and for a club with limited resources as City, its impossible to change a complete squad in just 12 months, but the January window was a good one, but was only a start, the amount of changes we needed was never going to be enough to keep us in the Prem this season. In reality we had, and still have, to many guys who are not good enough to keep City in the Prem, and that leads me to on the pitch issues.Alex started season with attacking intent, we nicked a win or two thru sheer out and out attacking, but were always liable to 1. A heavy defeat such as at Newcastle and 2. A lacklustre performance such as away at Southampton. Causes were weak defence and soft underbelly, as to many players from 2 seasons ago.Then after Newcastle he decided to  be more cautious and go more defensive, but of course, our defence was not a Premier quality defence, still to many errors and slow thinking players. Then came the Jan. window and some new guys, but by now Alex seemed  not to know what to do, go out attacking or defensive. Worse of all, he continues to pick the same guys who were our relegation players 2 years ago. Im just completely baffled why he persists with Bassong, when we have Bennett, or today, maybe Wisdom, to try there. Also Martin, slow, past it. Even Hooly our seasons  old hero, sorry, he has not enough fire and energy. Alexs team set ups have been poor to.So for me, off the pitch hes done well. on the pitch where it matters its been painful all season. City have to many players to soft, lacking energy, and to many playing in wrong positions. Its up to the Board to decide of course, but, keep Alex here, and we will continue to sleep walk into the Champs as 2 yrs ago.

The obvious thing I can think of is; exceeding expectations (up until now).

We didn''t really spend anything in the summer as well as selling our POTS (though I don''t think he would''ve played as much this season) - our team on paper is the 18th/19th worst in the league imo, however we''ve done really well up until about 4 games ago.

Now the wheels look like they''re coming off, which is disappointing because offensively we looked right up for it v Liverpool.

The next game will be really interesting in gauging where we are really at as a team.

the players are not playing to their best ability the buck stop with manager and coaches

the players we have used in the right system and motivated

with the right manager are good enough to stay in this league

So who do we get in?

Rodgers perhaps? Would he come?

Wouldn''t like Pearson or Monk...or Sherwood...or Warnock.

The manager that comes in we have to be pretty sure is going to have a positive influence on the club.

Needs to be sacked along with the Anglian Combination coaching staff.

Absolute clueless with team selection and his signings.

We drew at Andield and beat United on their own turf. Those are the performances we need again if we are to stay up.

people saying he is our best chance of getting straight back up if we go down?!?...........We''re up NOW !.....we''re in the Premier League NOW!!!!................there are still 13 games left, we''re only 1 point from safety......what about THIS season?!?!

The board have got to ask themselves, whether Alex Neil is the long term manager at this club and stick with him whatever happens.............but watch us go down

or.

do they still think that there is a decent chance of staying up this season, with all the financial rewards that entails, and seek another manager out there who may have a better chance to keep us up.

if its the latter, they need to act NOW, whilst there is still 13 game left and enough time for someone to try and do it.

my thoughts?.............Nigel Pearson , in here ,on Monday morning.

Agree about this best man to take us back up nonsense , truth is any half decent manager would have got us up last season and the only reason we were struggling was because we appointed somebody who was not a manager .

He has bought a load of new players in... trouble is when you look at our squad it''s packed with players that weren''t needed by the team we got them from. What''s that tell you? Are they good enough collectively to keep us up? Maybe, but only if they are all pulling in the same direction and guided by a manager who knows what he''s doing. Far too many odd lineups and substitutions for my liking. The buck has to stop somewhere. With a 7 figure salary being earned I don''t think he''s delivering value for money atm.

[quote user="ricardo"]Well the general feeling on Losing the next 5 thread was that it didn''t matter and AN would see the season out. I think fewer will support that position now.AN won''t be sacked tonight but losing badly to West Home will likely result in him being shown the door in my opinion. If not then the club may just as well hoist the white flag.[/quote]

I don''t generally disagree with Ricardo but I don''t see any way AN will be sacked, irrespective of results. The Board have committed to him for the long term.

Everyone goes on about the new PL money next year, but we''ve all been here before - the gap between the PL and the Champs has actually closed over the last three or four years compared to what it was when we went up in 2004. It will widen a bit again but the world still turns in the Champs and there are good teams in a competitive league.

It isn''t crucial that we are in the PL next year - just as well, as it looks like we won''t be! - some players will leave but not many.

AN has had a bad few games - but it''s mainly the players who have let him down. O''Neill against Stoke, Martin against Liverpool, Rudd against Villa have all contributed to poor results in different ways.

5 league games ago we were all convinced we had turned a corner after beating Southampton. 5 games. In a 38 game season.

Changing the manager after 5 poor games when mainly the problems have been down to stupid decisions by individual players does not make any sense.

Our season will hinge on the games we play in March and April, as was always likely.

[quote user="Dean Coney''s boots"]I cannot think of anything. There is no obvious game plan, no obvious best XI, no plan B and no real clue.

For me there needs to be a press conference in the morning and a new manager in by next week. There are some good ones out there- with the experience needed. AN is shot of ideas. He needs to go.[

Can''t agree with this at all. We are only now in the relegation zone.

So far Alex Neil had done enough to give us every opportunity to stay up. It''s the premier league, results are always going to be inconsistent.

We''ve had good wins and performed well against good teams and narrowly lost (Chelsea, Man City etc).

We''ve lost our way recently due to AN''s poor team selection and square peg nonsense.

But he''s done enough this season to be given the chance to keep us up. Even if we go down who better to get us promoted again.

Neil shouldnt go unless/until were not performing in the Championship or get promoted again and struggling.

Having said all that were not down yet!!!