Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Simple yes or no.

For whatever reason, summer transfers fell through on the transfer deadline, it wasn''t money, because it was available and deals would obviously have been cheaper than in January.I think Alex has lost his way a lot, and his confidence in his own philosophy of open expansive high pressing football has been dented.But we do now actually have a lot better squad, and I think if Alex now went back to the playing style we had, we would win enough games to stay up. We were a far better attacking side than a defensive one!But, have Alex and the players got the confidence to do that? We will have to wait and see, but I hope so.If he doesn''t keep us up though, I look back and think that with his win ratio in the Championship, we would have won that league comfortably had he been in charge from the start. I can think of no other manager, that I would be more confident in getting us promoted at the first attempt, so for me he must stay.He has now got promoted from the Championship, managed in the Prem, and must now have enough experience to either keep us up, or get us promoted.Lets have some stability - we would have loved it with Lambert but now we have a chance with another great young manager.Constant change has been proven not to work!

Stops tinkering, stops the negative hughtonesque focus on the opposition and gets us set up to have a go at sides then keep him.

If current "tactics" "system" and from the looks of things "man management" continue then its turning into a yes as others have stated.

You only need to look at what an experienced manager (Ranieri) can bring to a side. Leicester should be around 12-15th place with the squad they have, yet he has them full of confidence, belief, well drilled and playing without fear. Our lot look like rabbits in the headlights as we have so often seen.

If Brendan Rodgers were a possibility I would swap them now.

Failing this unlikely outcome, then I would want him kept on in the almost vain hope that he can turn things around. We do not want another Adams scenario on our hands.

I have lost a lot of faith in him though. A lot. He seems as confused as his players and the whole thing has gone pear-shaped at exactly the wrong time.

A simple ''yes'' or ''no?''Not possible, it''s a far from simple issue ranging from cost of pay-offs etc. to having the right person slot in, with limited time, to adjust the woes.

[quote user="6088m canary"]Stops tinkering, stops the negative hughtonesque focus on the opposition and gets us set up to have a go at sides then keep him.

If current "tactics" "system" and from the looks of things "man management" continue then its turning into a yes as others have stated.

You only need to look at what an experienced manager (Ranieri) can bring to a side. Leicester should be around 12-15th place with the squad they have, yet he has them full of confidence, belief, well drilled and playing without fear. Our lot look like rabbits in the headlights as we have so often seen.[/quote]

Ranieri is a mystery to me. He got sacked from his previous job by the Greek FA after an absolutely disastrous Euro campaign in a comfortably winnable group for Greece. Under him Greece even managed to lose to the Faroe Islands.

[quote user=" Green and Yellow"]Should AN get te sack immediately. ?[/quote]

No, it would be crazy sack him.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user=" Green and Yellow"]Should AN get te sack immediately. ?[/quote]

No, it would be crazy sack him.[/quote]

But blames Neil Adams still

Surprised at the amount of ''no''s''. The guy has not shown any indication he has what it takes, at this stage of his career anyway. In fact he has shown the exact opposite. Way out of his depth.

Yes. I do not want to see him being pelted with clappers for starters. He deserves to leave with dignity and with enough time for someone else to turn this ship around. Nothing of what I saw yesterday filled me with any confidence that he can save us, or a least have us go down fighting. We all knew this would be a tough season, but not even putting up a bit of a fight is galling. Sorry Alex, I had high hopes for you, but that has dissappeared.

Yes, the abject peformances and results have gone on too long now with absolutely no sign of things getting better. He''s clearly lost the dressing room. Amazed at the amount of people who seem to care more about Alex Neil''s career than the future of Norwich City Football Club.

No for me,, yes he''s made mistakes but he''s got 14 games to put it right and making a change at the top now will achieve nothing.

The failure was last August. We went into the season with a championship defence. The outcome was inevitable. We squandered a much easier group of home games before Christmas. We need a manager with an ethos: Swansea and Bournemouth are good examples. The club needs an ethos. We should spend the next couple of months sourcing that replacement. Sack Neil today, though? No, the dye is cast. Plan for next season and a new approach. We never had the quality to compete, to give Neil a chance. The culpability for that is not of the manager''s making.