Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Penalty vs Liverpool

Was the ridiculous defeat to Liverpool the catalyst for this total collapse which we are enduring.. When Wes popped home the penalty, everything looked very positive. Naismith had scored, we were 3-1 up and looking comfortable. Then the collapse in which I feel the players still haven''t got out of their systems, and probably a lot of fans haven''t either. It seems that that result has had an enormous effect on the players, and management. and there is little evidence to suggest they can turn this around. However I hope they do.

The Liverpool result was a shame. I think had we won, especially 3-1, then today would have been a completely different story. Sadly we''ve now got to pick apartt a complete and utter disaster of a month! The absence of O''Neil certainly didn''t help, nor the loss of Tettey today. Self inflicted wounds sadly

IMO, the catalyst for our collapse was the FA Cup match. Before then things were looking positive with clean sheets and the new signings to come. Then the management decide to experiment with a 5 man defence against 1 of the best teams in Europe. (This I feel was the only way R. Martin would have been able to keep his place in the team if the signings were successful, the captaincy is a burden to the man)

Going forward, our midfield was the strongest part of the team and now looks a complete shambles. I would go with the Midfield 1st game of the season with Naismith as centre forward.