Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Possible Names to Replace Alex Neil

David Moyes - wouldn''t come.

Brenden Rodgers - wouldn''t be interested either.

Nigel Pearson - would obviously be interested

Steve Bruce - likely promotion, wouldn''t join a relegation battle

Harry Redknapp - probably too far from home

Gary Monk - too similar to Neil in terms of age/experience

Tim Sherwood - after failure at Villa, unlikely

Roberto Di Matteo - unsure if he''d come but interesting option

Paul Lambert - I think he''d come back. Esp since AB has gone.

These are the names we''d likely be looking at IMO.

Would Lambert leave a Blackburn team he is starting to build up?

He has even started to sign ex-Norwich players who perhaps only joined because of him being manager.

Ok so theres two threads  about the next manager, expected i guess after todays result. I posted there, im going with managers who id consider could do a job, not about guessing who would or would not come, as none of us  know a dime who would or wouldnt come.Short term fix a Pearson type. Long term i.e 3 years etc, Jose Mourinho.

RDS7: so where do u think Brendan Rogers can get a job, Man Utd.

He is uneployed so may consider any Prem. Job don''t you think?

Nah we have no chance. He rejected Swansea recently so I don''t think we have a hope. Plus, we should stick with AN. He is the best man for the job. We just have to believe.

Malky is a good manager.

I take your word for it that Brendan Rodgers wouldn''t be interested, and didn''t know he''d turned down Swansea, but see him in a similar situation as Lambert. Sacked by a big club then needing to re-start his career at a smaller outfit.

At least we are still in the PL. It would make an interesting challenge for him and a chance to revive his reputation with nothing to lose.

Unlikely though, I agree.

The only other one I would be remotely interested in would be David Moyes who also fits into the Lambert, Rodgers scenario.

Why rightly so

I hate this reluctance that we are down and ha can bring us up.

We are in the prem now!! Let''s stay in the prem. west ham is now huge. 5wins from 13. I think AN is a good manager but we are in a position we have seen too many times in recent years and if we follow convention I can only see relegation. If an option is there it is worth looking at as staying in this league is easier than a whole season in the championship.

A realistic attainable option isn''t there, that''s the point. The two best options wouldn''t be interested. Moyes and Rodgers both turned down Swansea. Why would one of them accept the Norwich job with us in the bottom three dead and buried? Not going to happen. Alex Neil is the best man to get us back up within two seasons.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Haha Mourinho. Come on mate. Pathetic. Deluded.[/quote]Not pathetic or deluded, you obviously didnt read my post thru properly. I did state i was replying to the topic question in a straight forward  fashion. You dont think Jose Mourinho could replace  Alex?

looking at the table and form AN will never change this around. If we want to have a hope of staying up then bury the hatchet and try and get Lambert back or Pearson. If we are resigned to relegation then keep AN at least he knows that Division albeit one of his main strengths his self confidence and belief may shot