Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Ruddy

Must be recalled now.

Both goals GK mistakes today.

Long high ball in the air for ages, keeper should

Of come.

Second goal keeper should of stayed and made the striker beat not give him the open goal to shoot at

I wasn''t surprised to see Martin back but I thought he might bring Ruddy back also. Rudd has done ok but the avalanche of goals recently hasn''t done his confidence any good.

Sorry, completely disagree.

Rudd has been all round better than Ruddy since he took over.

The fact that he made one mistake today is irrelevant - the roll call of Ruddy''s mistakes this season is far, far longer and has cost us a lot more points.

Rudd did a Ruddy for the second today. I personally would recall Ruddy but I think the keeper is the least of our worries at the moment. IMO.

I''m sorry, but when Ruddy was playing I don''t remember us conceding so many goals. He commands his box and is much more vocal than Rudd is. We need his experience down the stretch. Hopefully the spell on the bench has done him well.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ruddy hasnt been good enough this season neither has Rudd. [/quote]Yep, Rudd(y)erless sums us up nicely

We said that Ruddy needed a break and come back stronger -like Joe Hart.

In a way, it would be harsh to drop Rudd - he''s done OK - but we really need experience in our position.

Shocked he was not recalled today.

Mistakes or not one thing is for certain that behind a defence that most on here say is inferior to the defence we have now he conceded far less goals, so something is wrong.

With my tin hat on I will say just maybe our defence does not have the same confidence in Rudd as Ruddy.

Lets face it when Ruddy was in goal people said that the defence were dodgy as they had Ruddy behind them.

The Ruddy/Rudd situation is an odd one now. Gotta make a decision and run with it. Rudd has been okay but I think it''s time to give Ruddy another run now. Too many goals conceded.

I said when we dropped Ruddy that he was a good keeper having a bad run of form and that dropping him would leave us in this situation. We''ve now got to drop Rudd (we should do) and sent his confidence or go with the worse goalkeeper..... Poor decision to drop Ruddy in the first place!!

Rudd should have been sent off for that crazy tackle on afobe in the Bournemouth game anyway. Didn''t come off his line for the first goal yesterday and didn''t need to come off his line for the second.

We talk about John ruddys mistakes and decision making but I can guarentee if his kicking was slightly better all would be forgotten

For the past few games all the things Ruddy used to get abuse for Rudd has been excused. I guess it''s because he''s one of our own or some nonsense.

Ruddy is a better keeper than Rudd but not by a massive amount. Rudd is clearly a capable keeper, should have a season in the championship really. Ruddy has proven himself a capable lower prem keeper in the past. So far Rudd has not.

Although in Rudd and Ruddys defence we do have a back four that seem to enjoy getting raped.

I have been saying for three weeks that it is time for Ruddy to come back. Declan is a fantastic shot stopper but does not command his area and fails to instill confidence on the back four. Spurs first goal Bassong heads it out of his hands due to the lack of talking. its just time to take him out of the firing line for sure