Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Kevin Friend

He''s a bit like Clattenberg, seems to love the attention and the more the fans give the more he likes it, and probably gets a kick out of winding the fans up with his lack of decisions in our favour.

After 4 minutes we get a corner, Naismith is having a moan at him about Walker pulling him back so he watches, the corner comes in and Walker has his arms around Naismith, now yes this is what goes on in every box week in week out, but the difference is that Walker wasn''t even trying to play the ball and if he was he clearly has an extra pair of eyes in the back of his head as he was facing away from the ball.

Anywhere else on the pitch and that''s obstruction and a free kick, therefore it''s a penalty!

His performance was abysmal but comments to Alex Neil were even worse. So he gave the decisions to Spurs because he thought they were the better team.

Second case of blatant favouritism this season. Two years ago it relegated us. Nowadays this can ruin the future of a club.

Of of the very worst set of referees who walk around with a smug grin on their face and like to think they are clever by spotting things nobody else in the ground has seen, the penalty being a clear case in point.

We were sh*t last night and deserved to lose but who knows how the game might have changed had it been 1-0 and that penalty for the foul on Naismith been given.

He also failed to book Rose twice when he clearly threw the ball away (yellow card offence), compounded the error by wasting more time giving Rose a "talking to" (thus achieving what Rose wanted) and then wasting even more time by booking him in injury time when Rose was happy to take a yellow.

His comment after the game is unacceptable and I hope that the club makes a complaint about him.

Jim has it spot on, but what can be done? i suppose that complaining about Friend will only make him even less well disposed to us in future, as does the crowd telling him what he is. But I can''t help wondering why we seem to have had such poor treatment from so many referees so far this season. Is there really any reason why referees should disfavour the underdogs (as we so often are)? I can''t see it. Is the system corrupt? Hard to see how that could work without it being exposed. I guess Delia will just have to up our contributions to the referees'' benevolent fund and see if things improve.

If the comments he made to AN are true then Friend is being unprofessional and a complaint should be made to the Premier League and the body the controls officials. The club could prepare a dossier of evidence about his lack, or perceived lack, of impartiality and present this behind closed doors (so not to tarnish the man''s reputation and incur the wrath of the FA).

But doing this will result in diddly-squat. The league, FA and match officials body don''t give a monkeys.

Did we deserve to win last night - no. But how many times do teams win when they really shouldn''t? That''s part of the beauty of the sport - and why billions of people around the world watch it and play it. In order for the unexpected, and even the undeserved to happen, there needs to be a level playing field. Twunts like Kevin Friend undermine the sport.

****TIN FOIL HAT ALERT****

The Premier League is not sport, it is sports-entertainment a la WWE.

A narrative is written at the start of the season and adhered to and controlled by those who can influence things (TV companies, officials, fixture scheduler etc).

This is why we see examples of utter ''incompetence'' like we did last night. Except it isn''t incompetence. It is the ref adhering to the script.

Id suggests that AN made those comments knowing one of two things;

1. The club is going to speak with the FA and referees association or whatever they call themselves or

2. He wants to get hauled in front of the FA so that he can make sure that happens. Other managers have been fined for less so he''s likely going to get called in.

Clearly what a Friend said is hugely unprofessional and interesting that he came out and say that, maybe a touch of guilt!?

Yes! There''s a video on YouTube of a post-mortem being performed on the twisted corpses of a bunch of ''whistle-blower'' referees whose vehicle crashed mysteriously in the Nevada desert.

On the other hand, I can''t think of any more likely explanation...

We were really poor last night, no getting away from that fact.
But when you''re 1-0 down after 2 minutes agains a team that has only lost twice all season, the last thing you need is a refereeing team which comes across as close to corrupt as possible.
If you give the Spurs pen, then in my opinion you give at least one of ours. Also, if you give fouls in the centre circle when Mbokani is kicked and pulled to the floor, you also give them when they do exactly the same in dangerous positions in the oppositions half. 
Diabolical and disgusting refereeing - and it wasn''t even like the game was really fast paced and hard to keep up with, either.

Is it bias towards the bigger clubs or are we looking at the wrong end of the table?Would it ber better or more convenient say, if Villa, Sunderland and Norwich go down, rather than Bournemouth or Newcastle?

Referees are generally poor at the moment and last night was no exception.

I think the FA should investigate this man and drop him and many others down to the championship. Clubs have to mark referees so I hope there would be a box to tick to say "recommend for dropping down a league" , "assess and investigate" or something similar.

Be careful what you wish for. If we have the likes of Friend busted down to the champs, and then get relegated ourselves, we won''t be coming back up any time soon...

One of the more blatant big club bias performances. Monk must have suffered the same way at Swansea during his time there, I was a bit surprised he didn''t mention the Naismith pen after he supported the ref for the Spurs pen decision on MOTD.

Still, whilst being very annoying it didn''t affect the result and gave the crowd something to get excited about.

WE were effectively playing against 12/13 men last night,yes we were poor and yes we were going to lose anyway but jesus christ did Spurs really need such a massive helping hand ? i will never accept that some refs are not hugely biased let''s face it we have seen that type of officiating before many times and we will see it again. If a ref upsets Norwich who''s going to care but upset a big side? oh no that wouldn''t do.

The fans general contempt for officials is definitely growing

It''s only a matter of time till they all get together and have a flounce "they''re saying nasty things about me I''m Not going to ref anymore"

The tidal wave of lack of sympathy that will hit them will be truly epic.

Last night was probably the first time I''ve seen a ref booed off the pitch at half time booed ON to the pitch at the start of the second, BERATED through the second half (the Lino on my side of the pitch was shaking his head, probably crying, he deserves every bit of the abuse he got) then booed off the pitch. I can''t wait until they show the tunnel cam footage.

You can be afraid that he will take it personally but I''d rather leave him with no doubt as to what we think about him. Can''t wait to see him back at Carrow road. I''ll turn up early to watch him warm up.

We conceded within 2 minutes of a home match having shipped five against Liverpool. Kevin Friend, although an utter s**t is the least of our concerns, and is not responsible for our failure.

Lol. We can pretend we deserved something out of the match and hide behind the ref''s failures. Or we can accept that Spurs were significantly better than us in every meaningful way, and realise that we need our players to perform a lot better if we''re going to survive.

Kevin Friend doesn''t care if we go down. I hope, and expect, that over the next few months, our players will show that they do care by sorting out their act - especially in defence.

Thought he was a spurs supporter ( hes one of your own ) but after the red card not given to the Arsenal today ( his teams rivals ) clearly just the big clubs he favours.

Or maybe he did it to make up for Tuesday lol