Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Season predictions

Can we win 5 more games? If so, we can reach 38 points and for me that would mean safety. I think Villa, Sunderland and West Brom will occupy the bottom 3. Ricardo with his yearly analysis has stated it will be very close indeed. I believe that no team in the bottom 3 will get to 37 points. Indeed 35 more likely.

I needed to profile the results I predict on worldfootball.net (table predictor). And before I get hammered on here about making predictions ....we all have our take before any match. We get them wrong I know. However, we need some belief on this board and I want to inject some hope.

Results for me will be 4 home wins: (1) against West Ham ( a game where we will either fold and capitulate or fight and shade it. I think we will shade it). (2) home to Newcastle (we owe them one) (3) home to Sunderland (4) home to Watford and one away win at West Brom ( a happier hunting ground in event years). Plus I believe we can sneak 3 draws. Although they might end up losses. So for me I am going for 39 or 40 points as our end total. 15th or 16 th position.

Any other predictions? Happy for this to be bumped to make me look stupid later. You have to have hope being a city fan.

I''m sticking to my promise of 26 games gone before my final review.The only thing I will say now is the same as I''ve said all season, 38 points still looks like being a safe mark. In the last 20 years there have only been four seasons when it hasn''t been enough.Will we get to 38?Mmmm,........................................... that is the question.

30 pts from me. 2 wins and a draw. 2nd from bottom?I desparately hope I''m miles out and we manage to scrape through. On recent showings I just can''t see AN turning it around.

Quite amazing the difference a month makes. After the Southampton win i was still so unconvinced about things in general i said then id stick with my start of season predict of 33 points, also that we would lose the next 4 league games. One or two posters questioned my sanity i think. Here we are, 5 league games later, and City are still on 23 as they were on Jan. 2nd My 33 points is looking much more likely now, if anything its prolly  not even reachable the way things are going.

We will pick up points in games that we never expected to get points. It''ll happen. We will survive, I''m very confident but we must learn from this, and when I say we, I mean that bloody board who try and get away with it, everytime!!!

I''m not sure 38 will be the safety points this year it might be you need 40 looking at the table.

I''m not optimistic and can see us picking up another 9 to 12 points, just can''t see us getting on that run, so 34 points for us and relegation I''m afraid regardless of what the board do.

Ok cool, thought it was two points so at least that''s some positive news. My concern is how we continually mess up in this league. We can''t handle it. We seem to see the Premier League as our prize and have no aspirations beyond that. Our board make such silly and obvious errors, like not signing a defender in the summer.

If we are relegated, it''s not just because of Alex Neil, it''s the whole club. That £20m should''ve been spent in the summer. We always do things arse about face.

We are already down barring some sort of miracle , maybe a new manager now and a bit of a bounce might see us pick up a touch but as we are now i even believe Villa may leap frog us . We are without any shadow of doubt the worst team in the league at this moment in time .

[quote user="Indy"]I''m not sure 38 will be the safety points this year it might be you need 40 looking at the table. [/quote]Can you point to any stats that support this assertion or is it just a gut feeling.In the last 12 seasons there has only been one were 40 points was needed for safety and that was 2010/11 when Blackpool went down on 39 points. Since then the final relegation place has gone down with 36,36,33 and 35 points.After 25 games of those seasons 17th (safe) position had scored 21,23,24,22 points and at present Newcastle occupy 17th place on 24 points so nothing really out of the ordinary. There might well be a late burst among the relegation threatened but it hasn''t happened yet.

Stats are just historical data and my gut feeling looking at the table, that only Newcastle who I fear will go on to mid table but at present on 24 points, but above them are Bournemouth, Swansea and WBA all on course for 40 points at present given their points per game ratio this season.

Also it appears this season that all teams including us can win any game, it''s up to the players and management to get it right, so I assume this will continue thus can see that 40 point mark being achieved by a lot of teams this year.

As I said end of March and our three home games in April will define where we play our football next year.

19th, a championship defence, championship strikers, underperformance before Christmas, shambles since. Come to think of it maybe Villa have the fight to achieve 19th at our expense.

The biggest incentive for this 40 point scenario is the huge sky bonanza waiting for teams that survive. I can quite realistically see  the 4th from bottom team having 40+ points come end season. As each week goes by teams will be going crazy for  more points. Look around at the bottom 7 or 8 teams right now, all are picking up points quite regularly now...except us of course,and perhaps Sunderland.

There''s such a long way to go yet. In a way this 5 losses in a row can help us. Now we are in the bottom 3 we have to get out of it. Nothing to say we can''t now go on to win the next 5. Football is a crazy game if bassong had scored the header we would have won! If o Neil hadn''t been sent off we may have beaten Stoke. Liverpool was ours for the taking. We played well in these games. It''s not like we are a million miles away. We are making mistakes and we have all season and that got us over one point a game in the first half of the season. January can upset teams with all the transfers plus yellow cards accumulate. AV look very poor even thou yes we lost we played better. They will go down they haven''t got the players to do it we do.. Sunderland also so that leaves one of 8 teams. Naysmith, looks like he''s well up for the fight. I think we will stay up with AN as the players will have to respect his decisions that they may be questioning at the moment.