Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

What's their chances...

The 3 teams that went up to the prem...

Sunderland... of all the 3 teams this is the team i would like to stay up most, but i fear for them,,,

Wigan...even though nobody wants to sign for them at the moment, have the money and will stay up...

West ham ( HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THEM but think they will stay up...

so another big name is comming down...

Think back ...

Ipswich ... had a great season ( top 6 ) then went down...

West ham... had a great season  ( top 6 )then went down...

Man city tried to do it last season...

Blackburn. Brum, Fulham, Wba... or a big name...

what do you think???

I would love to see W Ham relegated ( pretentious Academy of Football, and all that ), but I would be quite happy to see both Wigan and Sunderland survive. The only other team currently in the Premiership I would be delighted to see relegated are arrogant Arsenal - but that''s not going to happen, unfortunately. I suppose the favourites for the drop have to be Wigan, Sunderland and West Ham with the Baggies running them close for that dreaded situation. Maybe our "friends" Pompey and Fulham will get sucked into the relegation battle with any luck.

I won''t predict, last season I thought Everton would really struggle, shows what I know!

The bookies will probably be right though... (SkyBet odds on relegation)

Sunderland8/13

West Ham8/13

Wigan4/6

West Brom4/5
Portsmouth5/2
Fulham7/2

sunderland have bought well, wigan have the cash and west ham have no chance. west brom will go down because theygot lucky next season. villa might be the suprise rubbishteam.

I think Wigan are certs for relegation. They have a good "Championship" strike pair but can''t see them doing that much in the Prem. I don''t think they have particularly strengthened their defence and that is what will find them out. They play some good football but without 3 or 4 real quality signings they won''t make it (remind you of anybody ???)

I reckon Sunderland have a real chance of surviving, good manager plus improved team but I see West Ham struggling with Wigan.

The third relegation candidates, I''m biased because I live down here but I can''t see it being Pompey (they have bought a supposedly decent Columbian midfielder, Robert will get them goals and they haven''t finished spending yet) so I guess maybe Fulham or Blackburn.

Mark .Y.

I''m a neutral on this issue but see West Brom consolidating their position and moving up a few places (could have been us!). They had a good final few months and have started to gel into a reasonable team, and of course now have further access to funds.

I think it''ll be a little like last year with all three promoted clubs down at the biottom with Portsmouth.

Portsmouth, for me, are relegation certs. Crazy chairman, odd manager with many of ''arry''s old mercenaries jumping ship. Green would be equally crazy if he were to seriously consider moving there.

Who else - Wigan, sadly, with West Ham to be hammered. Sunderland to make it by a whisker.

[quote]I think Wigan are certs for relegation. They have a good "Championship" strike pair but can''t see them doing that much in the Prem. I don''t think they have particularly strengthened their defence and ...[/quote]

i agree about wigan, however i think it will be a tussle between Sunderland and westham for a survival place.

i can garentee it wont be as amazing as last seasons relegation battle between the 4 clubs!

Wigan have money but are aiming too high and no1 want to come to their club. I really cant say. WHU and Sunderland have bought quite a few players but imo they arent really going to make it much easier for them

Its going to make good viewing on Motd. However, now we will have to watch our goals on the little 30 secons clips on sky sports every saturday. i suppose its ok if your winning

Sunderland - Maybe just scrape it

Wigan - Doubt it, may have money but players aren''t coming and 12000 crowds aren''t really an attraction

West Ham - I can see them going down

But I think Blackburn, Pompey and Fulham may struggle this season, all depends on who brings in who before the start of the season

Wouldn''t it be rather strange if Portsmouth signed Greeno and Francis but were relegated and replaced in the Premier League next season by a revitalised Norwich City!!

I would also like to see Sunderland stay up, their fans are somthing else

Wigan not sure about, i know they`ve got money behind them but as i said not sure

West ham little team from london that think their a big team from london, but think they`ll do enough to stay up ( hope i`m wrong )

as already said by another poster, would`nt it be great if green and francis do go to pompey only to pass us at the seasons end, us going up while they are going down