Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Brady and Redmond

Both have to play next week, draw is no good anymore. Brady is wasted at fullback, we need to give the opposition something to think about. Jerome and Naismith upfront.

I agree with yo LC. Would love to see Jerome and Bamford leading the line with Naismith, Brady and Redmond behind. Those three would have to work extremely hard though pressing the opposition, defending from the front and track back when needed as otherwise it would leave us extremely open to being hit on the break. Let the players run themselves into the ground for 65-70 mins and then make changes.

It would be a very, very attacking line up but needs must now. 3 points each week are all that matters.

Brady and Redmond when on form have the ability to do damage at this level and should both be starting next week. No Tettey though will change the approach. Lone striker philosophy has become predictable and other coaches have identified our weaknesses down the flanks and from set-pieces.

What about:

Ruddy

Wisdom/Martin Klose Bassong Olsson

Redmond O''Neil Howson Brady

Naismith

Mbokani / Bamford

O''Neil in the shielding role, Howson, Brady and Naismith to press. If Wisdom roams forward, Olsson stays and vice versa, Redmond the main outlet to break supported by Brady. For the above central midfield to be effective, Brady & Naismith would have to cover some serious ground in hassling, supporting and tracking back which means Redmond & alternating full backs to provide the passes/crosses for the man up top being supported by Howson/Naismith/Brady...

Wes, Jarvis, Odjidja-Ofoe to give attacking options in second half assuming no injuries/red cards.

Although I feel sorry for Declan Rudd, I think we might see Ruddy coming back soon. When he''s fully available, Ryan Bennett should be pushing hard to start. Tettey will be straight back in - we''re a house of cards without him.

After yesterday, the players really need to be drilled repetitively in pressing hard when not in possession and in knowing each others'' roles and appropriate positioning when we launch an attack from certain areas of the pitch. Scoring from set-pieces might be the key to nicking points and effectively defending set-pieces should be prioritised. How many times have we seen poor positioning and concentration from opposing frees and corners, both last season and this?

Although we''re up against it now, a couple of stout defensive performances might just turn into a couple of home wins, confidence might return and..............

No squarre pegs in round holes from now on, AN.We need our best attacking players in their right positsions.RuddWisdom Klose Bassong OlssonRedmond Howson O''Neill BradyNaismithJerome.

The problem with Redmond is he only comes alive around the penalty area. And he doesn''t track back. So two rather large problems.

He''s still our most dangerous player and has to play. It''s as simple as that. If there is one player in our squad who other teams would look at and think he can hurt us, we need to pay close attention to him then its Nathan Redmond.

To get the best out of Redmond we need to play him from now until the end of the season. Yes, he may cost us a couple of goals with his poor tackling/defending but I bet if he plays from now until the end of the season he will create and score more than he costs us.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]He''s still our most dangerous player and has to play. It''s as simple as that. If there is one player in our squad who other teams would look at and think he can hurt us, we need to pay close attention to him then its Nathan Redmond.

To get the best out of Redmond we need to play him from now until the end of the season. Yes, he may cost us a couple of goals with his poor tackling/defending but I bet if he plays from now until the end of the season he will create and score more than he costs us.[/quote]I''ll be very happy to be proved wrong YGA, but I bet he doesn''t.

ruddypinto bennett klose olsson       howson dorransredmond naismith brady              jerome

pace, pace, and more pace out wide, but you have to go for the win

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Yellow Green Army"]He''s still our most dangerous player and has to play. It''s as simple as that. If there is one player in our squad who other teams would look at and think he can hurt us, we need to pay close attention to him then its Nathan Redmond.

To get the best out of Redmond we need to play him from now until the end of the season. Yes, he may cost us a couple of goals with his poor tackling/defending but I bet if he plays from now until the end of the season he will create and score more than he costs us.[/quote]I''ll be very happy to be proved wrong YGA, but I bet he doesn''t.[/quote]
Well he''s already scored 4 and assisted 2. I cannot think of 6 goals he is responsible for. Heck, I can barely think of one.

More importantly, I think Hoolahan has to play every home game. 3 goals and 4 assists in 11 home matches this season.

With Alexs one man upfront, we now sit proudly in the bottom 3.so its not the time to change it, but after 5 straight defeats, a last gasp different approach is needed. Its clear from recent games Alex  is adopting his Out Of Position System (Oops), so its now time to fully unleash Oops against the Hammers. Id suggest..                                                            Martin                 Redmond   Mbokani Naismith   Brady                 Howson     Klose      Pinto        Hoolahan                                                ONeill                                              BassongOops is cleverly designed to baffle and confuse the opponents. Being in goal, as captain, Russ now has all 10 players in front for him to shout orders. After 4 fails with attacking RBs, its time to give Redders his chance, the epitome of an attacking RB. Bassong has shown his lone striker intentions lately. Has a great shot, as against Pool, and a good heading instinct, as proved as against Villa. Give Oops a chance guys, im positive it will steady our ship at 18th position, and at worst only push us down a couple of rungs lower to 20th.