Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

laurent robert saga

Nothing to do with norwich.  However does anyone else think the treatment of robert is very extreme to fine him twice in 24 hours.  What happened to freedom of speech.  What has he done wrong, I don''t feel Newcastle handle themselves well. 

Any views

Typical Newcastle really. Full of primadonna type players, too much money & too much to say for themselves. Nothing wrong with free speech but with a manager like Souness he had to expect a reaction. Not being funny, but people think Francis has a bad attitude, this guy takes the biscuit.

Can''t blame Souness for doing this, any new players coming in will now know not to take the mickey out of him. The guy is a disciplinarian, Robert is a fool.

"The guy is a disciplinarian, Robert is a fool".............................

Bloody funny though, the Pompey Evening News should make good reading over the next season.

Mark .Y.

[quote]Nothing to do with norwich. However does anyone else think the treatment of robert is very extreme to fine him twice in 24 hours. What happened to freedom of speech. What has he done wrong, I don''t...[/quote]

if a norwich player was waiting for a transfer to be finalised to another club and slagged off nigel worthington twice, would you think it harsh if the club fined him twice? remembering he was still being paid by norwich of course.

..if I go into work tomorrow and say ''boss you''re clearly a clueless joke of a man, who has grossly underestimated my contribution to the team...buck your ideas up or you''ll be for the chop'' I think a fine might be a lucky escape

...fining a player twice in 2 days is perfectly acceptable its what I did on Football Manager 2005 when I was trying to force Henderson out of the club

If you had sat behind Graham Souness when he came down to Norwich you would realise what a nasty individual he is. 

I will have to get used to him indeed. Maybe he''s not such a git.

Another reason to hate the French. Something I have seen on the net so might not be completely true, but all the crazy frog ads have been due to a pushy french bloke. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fair play to him I say.  I''d rather have Bryan Hamilton back than have someone like Souness as a manager.  It''s quite refreshing to see a footballer speaking his mind, rather than saying what his agent has told him to say

Robert does have a right of course to voice his opinion but I think he''s done it rather too often - it''s also not very professional. He hasn''t ever set the world on fire with his football at Newcastle - well not consistently and has done/said some stupid things esp stripping to his pants and throwing his kit into the crowd! I know they do that in Italy but he''s French and this is England!

I think it was right for him to be fined! You can''t keep insulting your employers through the media - it''s not a proper or professional thing to do!