Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Keep your knickers on.

Several pundits said it earlier this season - to stand any chance fans have to stick together behind the manager.   It''s the only way a club like ours is going to succeed at this level.  We are going to find out what AN is made of and what his response is to this worst point of the season - but shouting for his head is pointless - just as it was with Hughton. The only way we will find out if he can turn it round is if we keep him - and sacking him in the hope that someone else can come in and magically turn it round is fanciful - as it was last time.  So do it. Stick with it.  It''s the only way.

His big plan is the players have to show some balls , he is hopelessly out of his depth sacking him would be the kindest thing to do .

The Highton analogy is actually a good one but not in the way you imply.

The lesson from Hughton is if you are going to do it don''t leave it too late!!

Those comments concerned me from alex neil. I don''t think we need to show balls.

We need to start picking a balanced side, a settled back 5, playing players in there right positions. Start cutting out silly errors and switching off on set pieces. Start showing a bit of bite, always feel we are a bit of a soft touch.

[quote user="Vanwink"]The Houghton analogy is actually a good one but not in the way you imply.

The lesson from Houghton is if you are going to do it don''t leave it too late!![/quote]
Oh, and this.

[quote user="Vanwink"]The Highton analogy is actually a good one but not in the way you imply.The lesson from Hughton is if you are going to do it don''t leave it too late!![/quote]The lesson from Hughton is if you are not going to sack a manager early enough to make a difference, then don''t lose your nerve and sack him with a only few games to go. AN has depths to his character that will show their full worth over the coming weeks - and he simply has to be allowed to do his job to see if he can turn it round.   There is no magic wand or fairy godmother who can come in and make everything right.  It is up to AN his staff and players to get some lead in their pencils and get stuck in to what is necessary.

Should the BOD sack Neil hope they don''t give us the usual crap that Frankie The Pie Man has been put in temporary charge

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Vanwink"]The Highton analogy is actually a good one but not in the way you imply.The lesson from Hughton is if you are going to do it don''t leave it too late!![/quote]The lesson from Hughton is if you are not going to sack a manager early enough to make a difference, then don''t lose your nerve and sack him with a only few games to go. AN has depths to his character that will show their full worth over the coming weeks - and he simply has to be allowed to do his job to see if he can turn it round.   There is no magic wand or fairy godmother who can come in and make everything right.  It is up to AN his staff and players to get some lead in their pencils and get stuck in to what is necessary.

[/quote]Why not start today then ? we wont come up against a team as weak as Villa again this season . Truth is we are a soft touch to everybody, Liverpool one win in six (Norwich) Stoke one win in six (Norwich) Villa should really be the last straw .

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Vanwink"]The Highton analogy is actually a good one but not in the way you imply.The lesson from Hughton is if you are going to do it don''t leave it too late!![/quote]The lesson from Hughton is if you are not going to sack a manager early enough to make a difference, then don''t lose your nerve and sack him with a only few games to go. AN has depths to his character that will show their full worth over the coming weeks - and he simply has to be allowed to do his job to see if he can turn it round.   There is no magic wand or fairy godmother who can come in and make everything right.  It is up to AN his staff and players to get some lead in their pencils and get stuck in to what is necessary.

[/quote]Why not start today then ? we wont come up against a team as weak as Villa again this season . Truth is we are a soft touch to everybody, Liverpool one win in six (Norwich) Stoke one win in six (Norwich) Villa should really be the last straw .[/quote]

For me, this was like our WBA match in Hughton''s last match.  Everyone could see we had to win today, as against WBA, but we didn''t and the writing was on the wall as a result.  The difference is that this rock bottom feel to today''s events, is earlier in the season and there is time to sort it out.  That AN can do that is a big ask, but in my mind the alternatives are no better nor more likely to turn it round.  That''s why I think he should be allowed to get on with his job - let''s see if he can dig deep and get these players sorted out.  Anything can still happen - Leicester were down and out at this stage last season - and look at them now!

If there is somebody in the frame with the right credentials and experience then I say AN should be sacked now and a replacement brought in as soon as possible, if not sooner. There are enough winnable games left to get the points we need, unfortunately much as it pains me to say it I have no faith in AN getting those points, today was an ideal chance to get the points ticking over again against a very poor Aston Villa and we could not even score against them, it really is not good enough..........

I''m sorry LDC but no, you can''t compare us to Leicester. Leicester play good football, and weren''t getting the results that their performances merited. I wouldn''t mind if we were losing playing the way they did last season and playing well. We are not playing well, and that''s the biggest worry.

Having sat for the best part of six hours in a car today on A14 and M6 coupled with getting soaked on the walk from the car to the ground and again on the way back plus watching that gutless,spineless and inexcusable ninety minutes i get home to find this thread staring me in the face when i switch on my laptop.Lakey there are times when i wish you would either lose your log in details or just STFU and this is one of them. ! [:@][:''(][:(]

LDC, when will you learn! You spouted the same drivel last time round! Once again we have a manager who appears out of his depth at this level, who then publicly slates his players in the media immediately after the match. The same team that he picked, playing to his game plan and tactics!

At least Hughton didn''t slag his players off publicly.

A bad workman always blames his tools!

I will be totally honest, always knew it would be hard for Alex this season, but im actually very disapointed  in his decisions  most weeks, both in which players he picks, which positions he puts them in, and his total lack of finding a half decent formula that could give us something to cheer about. Worst of all, seeing a team that he is in charge of, looking totally outclassed and played and dereft of any belief, against the supposedly worst team in this league.I  neither ask for Alexs head, or ask to keep him on. In fact it seems a difficult thing. Seen ricardos posts saying Alex is doomed for sure after  x amount of defeats, coz the Canary fan worms will turn. Im not so sure. Seen LDC here ask all City fans to get behind the manager. That wont happen either after today. Kinda glad its the board have to make these decisions and not me. I dont care for anything really, jusy simply to see City play well. Seems  a long time ago now i really felt aglow after a great performance, thats the sad thing.

For those of you that removed your knickers last night, could I remind you to put them back on again this morning, it''s a bit chilly out there and you would not want to get chaps.

I''m not sure if "keep your knickers on" is the recognised saying for this situation?

it''s either...."keep your hair on" ...or....."don''t get your knickers in a twist".

...."keep your knickers on" , is what is said in an attempt to curb the behaviour of a "woman of loose morals"....

There''s no one available who will come to our assistance, can''t defend can''t score it will only end one way whoever is in charge.

[quote user="pete"]There''s no one available who will come to our assistance, can''t defend can''t score it will only end one way whoever is in charge.[/quote]

is that true?

unpleasant as the pair are.....if either Nigel Pearson or Tim Sherwood walked into Colney tomorrow morning, would our chnaces not even be improved slightly??

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Having sat for the best part of six hours in a car today on A14 and M6 coupled with getting soaked on the walk from the car to the ground and again on the way back plus watching that gutless,spineless and inexcusable ninety minutes i get home to find this thread staring me in the face when i switch on my laptop.Lakey there are times when i wish you would either lose your log in details or just STFU and this is one of them. ! [:@][:''(][:(][/quote]

Lucky you. I was three rows from the front. So got soaked

during the match as well.

Keep your knickers on!!? Lol, what an epic failure this post is. Maybe don''t get your knickers in a twist?

Anyone that isn''t concerned after the recent performances either doesn''t understand football or doesn''t care. Conceding to 2 or 3 goals every match results in only one possible outcome, relegation. I suggest the team and management pull those knickers back up and stop putting out to every team that shows up, maybe make the opposition work for it and wait till the 3rd date!

Do be quiet LDC you troll.I''ve been to all but 4 away league games this season - Liverpool, Stoke, Man City and Southampton should you have been wondering- and i simply cant agree that the fans are in anyway to blame for this "form".Yes, I agree it was always to be difficult this season but FFS- you cannot blame the fans!