Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Just watching Bournemouth

[quote user="king canary"]Bit dispiriting how well they and the players the came up with have adapted to live in the Premier League with significantly less Premier League experience. Players like Arter, Cook, Daniels and Richie have come up the leagues with them and play without fear. All a bit similar of that season under Lambert.

If we do go down I think it may well be time to cut ties with the players that have been at the core of two relegations for this club. I''m looking particularly at the likes of Bassong, Howson and even Wes. A new team without the baggage focusing on some of our younger players. Could be fun.[/quote]

No Howson, really your opinion is now invalid. Had you had the misfortune of being at Villa Park on Saturday you would have seen another fine performance from him. The problem was Wes, Mulumbu and Jarvis. That and continually playing Brady in Lb instead of Olsson. I just can''t believe you haven''t included the hapless useless Mr Nice in that list.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I still think Bournemouth could be sucked into a relegation fight, however their manager does have a Very specific idea of how the game is to be played and is prepared to stick with it, that shows he has confidence in his players which IMO is helping. Ours must be thinking we weren''t good enough to play on the front foot earlier in the season as the manager felt he had to change the style and now we arnt good enough to sit back either.[/quote]

Or it could be argued that Bournemouth don''t feel they have the depth in squad to chop and change the players week in week out and the manager is one dimensional and only knows one way to set up a team... Unfortunately we do have a bit of depth and the manager is trying to find a way to get the performances necessary instead of keep going with the same thing and hoping it comes good.

[quote user="king canary"]My point is exactly what I said it was in the last post. It wasn''t about the ability of Grabban, our signings or anything like that.

You''ve made two points that contradict each other- claiming that they were always going to do better than us due to coming first, while a week or so earlier claiming them signing one of our reserves meant we must have the better squad. Pretty simple point really.[/quote]

I''m still struggling with this Kingo. Where did I say they were always going to be better than us? And where did I say them signing Grabban meant we must have a better squad?

Just to clarify. Bournemouth finished 4 points above us last season and they are currently 5 points above us. That is a bigger gap now but I''m hopeful we''ll close it. We may even finish above them. Over the two seasons we beat them twice, lost once and drew once. My point  was there was nothing in those facts to suggest we should be better than Bournemouth either at the start of this season or now. However once our new players hopefuloly bed in and gel we could be close to them or even above them. If you can''t believe that then fair play. But it would make the rest of the season very dull.

As for the second part I assume your referring to the Naismith thread where I said if we''d signed a reserve from Bournemouth for the money they paid us for Grabban this forum would have melted. I stick with that and will add that if you imagined us signing Gayle from Palace for 7m having sold him to them for 3m 18 months earlier you''d hardly be ecstatic. If you look back at that thread I got lambasted by the likes of ICF and Bury Yellow for this view but I never gave up on us signing Naismith. Now the window has closed I defy anybody to tell me that with Naismith and Bamford in and Grabban out we are not stronger attacking wise.

If I''ve still got the wrong end of the stick then maybe direct quotes would help?

With your history nutso you must be more skilled than most when it comes to grabbing the end of a stick. You are less likely to get the wrong end.

[quote user="Making Plans"]The reason Bournemouth are doing ok is because they''ve stuck to their way of playing, the players understand what their job is and they play as a unit.On top of that they have other players that can come in for injuries & suspensions and do the same job.If they do suffer a set back there''s no knee jerk reaction & they don''t keep messing around with team selections or playing square pegs in round holes.Currently, and for most of the season, we''ve been completely the opposite.[/quote]

The reason they are doing so well is in the Championship they broke financial fair play rules and just like QPR before them cheated their way to the premiership.

They would be hit with a major problem if they qualified for Europe as they would come under European rules and not PL rules. They would be given an immediate transfer embargo.