Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Leicester away

On paper it should be a cricket score. I doubt that Leicester will win the title so if that comes to pass they will drop points, what better than an unexpected draw or win for us

A long long time ago, I was at university in Leicester so have always had a soft spot for them despite Filbert Street now being housing and the city generally being like a giant Anglia Square.
The fact we won''t go there and try to attack will help us, as they are an excellent counter-attacking side.  We can get a point from this if we keep our heads.

The thought of going there terrifies me when you think Villa scored 2 against us without their top scorer. Just imagine Mahrez and Vardy being given freedom of the park, running at our back 4...😳

I think we may get a largely unexpected result here, we will have to sit deep to combat Vardy, and I think the certainty around the style will help the players.

It''s the hope that kills you :-)

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]On paper it should be a cricket score. I doubt that Leicester will win the title so if that comes to pass they will drop points, what better than an unexpected draw or win for us[/quote]Well I''m as deranged as YC ''cos I think we''ll nick something there too.

Next week Leicester will thrash Arsenal, effectively eliminating all opposition to them winning their first ever PL title. By Sunday morning the realisation will sink in that all they have to do is stroll over the finish line to untold glory. At their next game, at home to struggling Norwich, the fans'' expectation of a resounding victory will begin to weigh heavily on their shoulders.

An almost perfect diagonal ball to Vardey is inexplicably intercepted by Basing, whose sliced clearance is carried by the wind over the head of the hapless Kasper Schmeichel and into the net. The Leicester players are stunned and self-doubt creeps in, paving the way for a 4-0 Norwich win.

........ or am I just talking b0ll0cks?

[quote user="Sooty57"]Next week Leicester will thrash Arsenal, effectively eliminating all opposition to them winning their first ever PL title. By Sunday morning the realisation will sink in that all they have to do is stroll over the finish line to untold glory. At their next game, at home to struggling Norwich, the fans'' expectation of a resounding victory will begin to weigh heavily on their shoulders.

An almost perfect diagonal ball to Vardey is inexplicably intercepted by Basing, whose sliced clearance is carried by the wind over the head of the hapless Kasper Schmeichel and into the net. The Leicester players are stunned and self-doubt creeps in, paving the way for a 4-0 Norwich win.

........ or am I just talking b0ll0cks?[/quote]

Most of it is pretty sound Sooty. I just can''t see them beating Arsenal....

[quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]A long long time ago, I was at university in Leicester so have always had a soft spot for them despite Filbert Street now being housing and the city generally being like a giant Anglia Square.
The fact we won''t go there and try to attack will help us, as they are an excellent counter-attacking side.  We can get a point from this if we keep our heads.
[/quote]

Wow. You''re self centred. A pub called the redfearn. Now a Leicester fan (surprise surprise the new man united)

I Guess you use your hand and wrist 3 or 4 times daily about yourself

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]A long long time ago, I was at university in Leicester so have always had a soft spot for them despite Filbert Street now being housing and the city generally being like a giant Anglia Square.
[/quote]

Wow. You''re self centred. A pub called the redfearn. Now a Leicester fan (surprise surprise the new man united)

I Guess you use your hand and wrist 3 or 4 times daily about yourself[/quote]
Yes, the Redfearn is the student union bar at the University of Leicester.  Funny, that.
And rest assured I could tug myself silly and never be half the w*nker you are.

God, the Redfearn, i''d forgotten that. I wonder if the student mag is still called Ripple? And do floggers of said mag still roam said bar?

"Ri-pple. Ri-pple"".

Vicky park. The Charlie Thingy tower sliding inexorably but majestically down towards the cemetery. Sigh.

Wonder if the Rotherham manager who got sacked today is in there drinking away the night?As to Leicester away, you guys who think City will miraculously get  something from that game must be dreaming

[quote user="ron obvious"]God, the Redfearn, i''d forgotten that. I wonder if the student mag is still called Ripple? And do floggers of said mag still roam said bar?

"Ri-pple. Ri-pple"".

Vicky park. The Charlie Thingy tower sliding inexorably but majestically down towards the cemetery. Sigh.[/quote]
A fellow traveller, Ron?
The Akash £5 special.  No questions asked.
The Silver Arcade.
Victoria''s Passage. (snort)
The Paternoster!

The bloody paternoster!! Effing lethal device - is it still there?

Jesus, 45 plus years ago it was. Leicester had a decent football team too.

Many, many memories. mostly unhappy. Failing my part I''s & getting kicked out didn''t help. The feral atmosphere at the halls of residence (Gilbert Murray!!). Hitching up & down the M1 to see my girlfriend every weekend. Finding out what it''s like to be on the receiving end of a proper tackle (lad had been offered professional forms from Leeds). All the riotous student parties I didn''t get invited to.

To be honest, with the gift of hindsight, I wouldn''t have gone. But, hey, life''s a journey with a blind man for a guide ...