Sign in to follow this  
reg

The problem is obvious!

As soon as I see the team today I knew we would lose. Square pegs round holes that''s it, howson is not a right midfielder and hoops can''t play on the left. Play people in their correct positions or don''t play them.

Ha - what a load of bull: we''ve won matches with that formation this season. As for this ''Wes can''t play in the left'' guff, we bought him as a left midfielder!

There''s a lot of Worthington about AN at times, I do agree that he does have his favoured players who he tries to fit in unusual positions.

Still he''s young and learning, that''s why I can''t understand such a weak coaching set up with him.

Wes is wasted on the left, he is best playing in behind the striker, he has no pace to be a left winger and as for Howson.. well it begs belief. Totally wasted and offers no cover for the right back, the Spurs game was prime example of that. Olsson should of played today also after a decent showing in midweek, yet once again he gets dropped in favour of another square peg.. Brady.

We bought him as a left mid but where does he perform for us? In a free role off the striker. why not play olsson and Brady left Martin/pinto and Redmond right?

If anyone thinks wes is a left winger then you are off your head. Just like Howson is not a right winger, i personally thought Vadis is a litthe un lucky to not get another go on the right if Alex doesnt wanna start Redmond.

Brady isn''t a left back. And in an awfull game vs Spurs midweek our best player was our left back who wasn''t Brady and hes dtopped today.

Need an experienced keeper at this time and a settled back 5. But the fact we''ve tried 4 different right backs this season and the one we''ve just spent £2m on looks the worst. And let''s face it Bassong is just as bad as Martin at centre back.

[quote user="reg"]As soon as I see the team today I knew we would lose. Square pegs round holes that''s it, howson is not a right midfielder and hoops can''t play on the left. Play people in their correct positions or don''t play them.[/quote]

"As soon as I see the team today I knew we would lose."

You''ve hit the nail on the head there.

Every other week I go to the ground excited to see my local team wearing their colours with pride, see Russell Martin a Peterborough united reject slump out followed by a couple of players released from their contracts by QPR and West Brom and think... ahhh knickers. (I actually think rather saucier words than this but one must be courteous).

That''s why we play badly and get bad results...we don''t have very good players.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]That''s why we play badly and get bad results...we don''t have very good players.[/quote]

So when we beat Southampton and Man Utd and drew with Arsenal, we got good results because we have bad players?   [:^)] 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Holtcantshoot"]That''s why we play badly and get bad results...we don''t have very good players.[/quote]

So when we beat Southampton and Man Utd and drew with Arsenal, we got good results because we have bad players?   [:^)] 

[/quote]

Well now I said we play badly because we don''t have very good players. I didn''t say they were bad as such, they''re just not very good.

So yes, we win a few games, but then also lose a lot as well.

The problem is we are not a team ,too many changes are not allowing the team to get to know each other and how they play, it''s like we have been experimenting all season and have still not found the right team, now with three new players it''s even harder . We need a consistent team who play each week with just one or two changes if need but a heart of the team is needed

. How many changes have we made this season each game.

You might as well put the names in a hat and pick the team .

[quote user="reg"]As soon as I see the team today I knew we would lose. Square pegs round holes that''s it, howson is not a right midfielder and hoops can''t play on the left. Play people in their correct positions or don''t play them.[/quote]

There was a corrective groan in the concourse at the ground at 2pm when the team was announced

You are right the problem is so obvious but clearly Neil is being shown that he is out of his depth. The problem our board is really poor at Plan B!

You are correct, Ron Obvious is the problem and until such time he''s released outright, there''s no hope.

[quote user="Loyal Canary"]

There was a corrective groan in the concourse at the ground at 2pm when everybody realised i had eaten all the pies.[/quote][;)]