Sign in to follow this  
Loyal Canary

After 6 defeats in a row

Derby sacked their manager after 7 defeats

Surely our board as a minimum should be offering a vote of confidence in Neil as an absolute minimum especially after the humiliation of the Villa defeat but why has it not been forthcoming?

Personally don''t care what other clubs do.  If their club selected the wrong man that is their fault.    We have a manager with promotions and a strong personality at the helm and he has earned more time because of that.   He''s got his first real fight as a manager here, as everything else has been success for him - and he will either sink or swim from here on in.  I would like to see which it is, but if we got rid now, we''ll never know if he could have battled through this difficult spell.  All I know is that getting rid at this point and getting someone else in, would not necessarily be any better. Be careful what you wish for...... 

Got to stick with him, I would stick with him even if we got relegated - and who knows, if we did get relegated maybe AN would become a better manager as a result... He would definitely be my choice to get us straight back up! The Liverpool game could of gone either way and who knows about Stoke if O''Neil hadn''t gotten sent off - that could have been 6 points instead of none and then we would be sitting 5 points clear of the relegation zone ''comfortably'' in 15th... Football is a funny old game and a couple of bad decisions here and there and a bit of bad luck and all of a sudden we find ourselves back in our current position (along with a couple sub-standard performances too - but we can''t realistically expect to be playing amazing week in week out at this time). Who knows, we could go on a three game win streak now and pull ourselves clear and Newcastle could equally lose their next three or whoever for that matter... Look at Chelsea and Leicester, they are showing us all that anything is possible and everything is unpredictable :) It''s all just a game of ifs and buts... 

To the actual point of the OP though, I don''t believe we need to come out and say it - McNally does most things behind doors and as long as AN knows he has the support it doesn''t matter if it''s made public or private, if anything making it public may heap more unnecessary pressure on AN....

On the Derby front - they''re just stupid. Coming out and saying promotion isn''t even their main aim, if I was a Derby supporter I would be fairly p***ed off right now - especially as they''ve just put the academy manager in charge for the rest of the season. Still in the playoffs, still producing good football, going through a rough patch (as every team does at some point in the season) and their board loses their head, panic and sacks him... Crazy imo...

[quote user="Loyal Canary"]Derby sacked their manager after 7 defeats

Surely our board as a minimum should be offering a vote of confidence in Neil as an absolute minimum especially after the humiliation of the Villa defeat but why has it not been forthcoming?[/quote]You should stay off TWTD Waveney. They have this Derby obsession and it sounds like it may be contagious. [:S]

This is the way our board work:-They''ll cave into pressure from the terraces 10 games from the end of the season and sack Alex Neil.They''ll claim they''ve learned from past mistakes by sacking earlier to give the new man a better chance of saving us.They''ll claim the problem was appointing a manager who lacked top level experience.Paul Clement will be unveiled as our new manager.