Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Is it no respect for alex from players

Maybe the problem is because Alex has little experience in the premiership,the players do not respect him,if we had a manager who had proven experience at premier leval would there be a better team performance .Alex always looks as if he commands respect,but the players don''t seem to be performing for him.

Saw a headline on the Newsnow site yesterday .. Neil blames Rudd for Villa defeat , not really the way to treat one of your younger players even if that is what you believe . The one thing that Neil seems to be preaching since the weekend is its the players fault and nothing to do with him .If we do not get 3 points Saturday he should be removed and give somebody else a go while there are still enough games left to make a difference .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Saw a headline on the Newsnow site yesterday .. Neil blames Rudd for Villa defeat , not really the way to treat one of your younger players even if that is what you believe . The one thing that Neil seems to be preaching since the weekend is its the players fault and nothing to do with him .
If we do not get 3 points Saturday he should be removed and give somebody else a go while there are still enough games left to make a difference .
[/quote]

Here''s a handy tip for you. When you see a headline it''s someone''s interpretation of the story, if you bothered to read what was said then maybe you wouldn''t look so silly.

Neil told the Pink Un: “He made an error for the second goal, it is one of those things but Declan found himself in the team because John was making errors so where do you go? You change and it works, you change and it doesn’t work, you can’t win.

“I don’t think he had to come out that far. That is pretty standard if you look at it and I don’t think Declan would feel I am doing him a disservice there. That is what happens when you are down that bottom end. People make mistakes at vital times in games. You just have to suck it up and fight even more.”

Seems an honest view of the situation.

I don''t get this culture now of sack, sack, sack, sack. We have a really good young manager who it''s worth sticking with, especially as the alternative is Nigel Pearson. Why would fans give that up because of one months bad form, or a relegation?

As a club, we don''t have much going for us. Outside of Norwich, nobody really cares about us. Our youth academy is largely rubbish and has been for years. Our location means we struggle to get real decent players. When we do have something special, Alex Neil, why wouldn''t we get behind him and give him all our support?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I don''t get this culture now of sack, sack, sack, sack. We have a really good young manager who it''s worth sticking with, especially as the alternative is Nigel Pearson. Why would fans give that up because of one months bad form, or a relegation?

As a club, we don''t have much going for us. Outside of Norwich, nobody really cares about us. Our youth academy is largely rubbish and has been for years. Our location means we struggle to get real decent players. When we do have something special, Alex Neil, why wouldn''t we get behind him and give him all our support?[/quote]Who says hes a really good young manager ? that''s just opinion , fact is he is doing worse than Hughton surely if he this great manager in the making he should be doing better or at least getting the basics right .

''Who says he''s a really good young manager?'' The evidence is there. We were 7th/8th when he took over. He dragged us up. We won game after game after game - we won the play off final. He''s having a bad time. Every manager does.

He''s been working with a Championship squad for most of the season. Hasn''t done too bad in my book but needs to learn. We should stick with him though.

In fairness, we were 7th/8th in a poor Championship with one of (maybe the) best squad in the league.

That he helped us climb 4 or 5 places in the Championship in a space of 5 months is not THAT much of a standout achievement, particularly with the squad we had and the low calibre of our fellow promotion rivals.

Don''t get me wrong, I don''t think he should be getting the chop at this stage by any means. I don''t buy into the fact that all the evidence points to him being a "great" manager, or even a very good one for that matter. He has a lot to do to prove that. Teams with far less resources and bang average managers go on January to May runs to get their team from mid-table to the Championship playoffs every other season. It''s not that notable nor a mark of a great manager, particularly when it is done with a comparatively expensively-assembled squad for that level.

Absolutely right canarydan , the lack of experience is showing , and the lack of success whatever he has tried over the last six games is telling in his look and demeanor . The man needs some help from a an experienced premier league manager until the end of the season .

Agreed Canarydan you post some sense here. We hear a lot about how great An is but what is the evidence? He did very well last season but there isn''t much else except Hamilton beating Celtic. Just as those saying he should be sacked and is rubbish should wait it out a bit, so should those proclaiming him a good young manager. Is that hope more than reality?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Agreed Canarydan you post some sense here. We hear a lot about how great An is but what is the evidence? He did very well last season but there isn''t much else except Hamilton beating Celtic. Just as those saying he should be sacked and is rubbish should wait it out a bit, so should those proclaiming him a good young manager. Is that hope more than reality?[/quote]

So it is premature to call AN a good young manager??  Are you serious?  Talk about talking someone down.  His record speaks for itself.  Achieved back to back promotions to the top leagues in two different countries.  Yes he beat Celtic.....but also beat ManUtd at old Trafford.   Not a good young manager?  Really??

LDC,

There a re plenty of good young managers about, otherwise there would never be good middle aged or older managers about, but is he a good enough manager for the Prem? There''s a massive differnece and I offer no opinion (yet).

"Tumbleweed"

Agreed Canarydan you post some sense here. We hear a lot about how great An is but what is the evidence? He did very well last season but there isn''t much else except Hamilton beating Celtic. Just as those saying he should be sacked and is rubbish should wait it out a bit, so should those proclaiming him a good young manager. Is that hope more than reality?

He did far more than just beating Celtic in Scotland. You''re just rewriting history to suit your current viewpoint. A lot of that going on at the moment.

He had no previous experience at Championship level either, but did alright there. Like Row D Seat 7 I am disheartened by the ''sack the manager when things aren''t going our way'' culture in football. Clubs give their managers a contract and I would expect and hope they would maintain the courage of their original convictions and give them an opportunity to see it out. We''ve sacked a good many managers in the years I have been following NCFC and I would say a fairly high percentage of said sackings did not result in an immediate and sustained improvement in performance and our fortunes.
It''s also depressing that we seem to expect loyalty from our players (but only the good ones, mind) and our managers (but only while the team is doing well) but we are happy to turf them out like they are characters in a bleedin'' computer game when the riches we dream of appear to be slipping away.