Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

My Settled 11

---------------------Ruddy-------------------

Martin---------Klose----Bennett----Olsson--------

--------------Tettey------Howson------------------

Redmond------------Hoolahan-------------Brady

---------------------Naismith------------------------

Many Everton fans said that Naismith''s best position was centre forward. With a lack of goals from our strikers, I believe is our best option and cuts out us trying to cram Hoolahan into the side.

I believe Brady is best served on the left wing and Redmond attacking defenders is the only way we can be a threat in certain areas. Whilst O''Neil has been good, I believe Howson and Tettey make a better central pair. I think Bassong should''ve been dropped long ago. Bennett is our best defender. Also, Ruddy should return because we need experience and Dec has started to make a few errors.

This would be my side for the remaining games, barring injury, illness or suspension.

---------------------Rudd-------------------

Wisdom---------Klose----Bennett----Olsson--------

--------------Tettey------oNeil ------------------

Javis ------------Naismith -------------Brady

---------------------Bamford ------------------------

That''s mine and should be a good footballing side without the big man up front ( which isn''t working ) forcing the team to play and pass instead of launching the ball up field for someone to hold up

s

Fair enough but I''ll go with:

GK-Ruddy

BACK 4-Pinto Bennett Klose Olsson

DM-Howson Tettey

AM- Voo Naismith Brady

CF-Mbokani

Don''t fancy those four attacking players away from home to hold the ball up well enough and retain possession.

One or two from Mbokani/Jerome/Bamford must play especially away from home.

Ruddy

Martin Klose Bassong Ollson

Tettey

Redmond Howson Naismith Brady

Mbokani

O''Neil, Jarvis, Rudd, Jerome, Bamford, Benett, Wisdom, Hoolahan on the bench.

I''d go for

-----------Ruddy;

Martin, Klose, Bassong, Brady;

-------Howson, Tettey;

Redmond, Hoolahan, Naismith;

-------------Jerome.

I know everyone says Brady''s better at left wing but at the start of the season when we looked good he was playing left back overlapping Howson or dorrans. I feel Jerome is a better choice to Mbokani as he stretches defences more making them sit back due to his pace in behind and gives the attacking 3 space to play whereas when Mbokani plays his lack of pace means the opposing defence can push up and stifles our attack.

----------------Ruddy------------

Pinto--Bennett--Klose--Olsson

--------Howson--Tettey---------

Redmond---Naismith---Brady

--------------Mbokani-----------

----------------Ruddy------------ 
Pinto--Klose--Bassong--Olsson 
--------Howson--Tettey--------- 
Redmond---Naismith*---Brady 
--------------Jerome----------- 
*Or Hoolahan, particularly at home.

He works hard but has never got enough goals at this level.

Having said that, Naismith playing as a lone striker looks even worse imo (no offence).

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Jerome looks completely lost at Premier League level. Doubt he''ll get many minutes between now and May.[/quote]
I don''t think he looks lost. In fact all of his play is generally OK - finishing admittedly being the biggest issue.
I don''t have any facts to back me up but I feel we tend to create more chances when Jerome plays up top. It could just be down to his pace and work-rate creating space for others, i''m not sure.

To be fair, Jerome has 3 goals and 2 assists in 1146 minutes of football, whilst Mbokani has 4 goals and 1 assist in 1008 minutes.
Suggests Mbokani is slightly better, but that there''s very little in it.

[quote user="hogesar"]To be fair, Jerome has 3 goals and 2 assists in 1146 minutes of football, whilst Mbokani has 4 goals and 1 assist in 1008 minutes.
[/quote]Despite whatever it is they''re instructed tio do that is shocking and damning return from our main 2 strikers. We can''t rely on either to get the goals required to keep us up. Somebody must starting finding the back of the net on a regular basis immediately. Not sure Bamford is the answer so for me it has to be Naismith who has already demonstrated a desire to shoot and an eye for a goal.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="hogesar"]To be fair, Jerome has 3 goals and 2 assists in 1146 minutes of football, whilst Mbokani has 4 goals and 1 assist in 1008 minutes.
[/quote]Despite whatever it is they''re instructed tio do that is shocking and damning return from our main 2 strikers. We can''t rely on either to get the goals required to keep us up. Somebody must starting finding the back of the net on a regular basis immediately. Not sure Bamford is the answer so for me it has to be Naismith who has already demonstrated a desire to shoot and an eye for a goal.[/quote]
I get what you''re saying but none of Palace''s strikers have more than 1 league goal - and they''re doing alright. If you''re set up correctly you don''t need your striker to be getting 10-15 goals a season*
*although, of course, it would make life a lot easier!

I don''t mind miggins 11, but would prefer Wisdom at RB as he''s a better defender than Pinto. Indeed, Pinto behind Redmond looks very week defensively.

ron obvious wrote the following post at 09/02/2016 1:43 PM:

Just wondering why people think Ruddy''s goalkeeping has improved while he''s been dropped?

---------------------

I think it''s more about how many goals Rudd has let in. I don''t think he can expect to keep his place while he''s also making some errors, but mainly just making it easier for the opposition to score (as he''s doesn''t fill the goal as much as Ruddy).

Individual errors cost Ruddy his place. Indivual errors will cost Rudd his place imo.

I would go with:

Ruddy

Wisdom Bennett Klose Ollson

Tettey O''Neil (c)

Redmond Naismith Brady

Bamford

Reasoning being

Ruddy - i think we need an experienced keeper in so its Ruddy for me, not saying he''s better than Rudd just different qualities (should have bought a new keeper in Jan).

Wisdom was actually looking better when he was dropped IMO,

Bassong has been a liability so worth trying Klose and Bennett,.

Brady is a better winger.

Tettey is a shoe in when available and O''Neill can pass as well as tackle and has composure (not at Stoke!)

Redmond needs to step up to end of season / early this season form but still would play him.

Bamford for me has good pace and movement and despite not being huge is decent in air as is Naismith and their movement could be effective.

Still have excellent options in Howson, Jarvis, Wes and Mbokoni on bench to come on to change things.

Looking through this thread you can uderstand what AN''s problem is. He doesn''t know what his best or settled 11 is and juding by the numerous & varied ideas posted so far, neither do we

Can''t understand why Howson is still an automatic starter for most? Poor defensively and offers very little going forward.

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Bassong Olsson

Tettey Vadis

Redmond Naismith Brady

Mbokani

An "off the boil" Redmond still offers more on the wing than Howson or an over the hill Jarvis.

We''ve got a bunch of central midfielders who are uncomfortable in possession and can''t pass a ball more than a few yards. I can''t see 442 working personally.

........................................Ruddy............................................................................

Wisdom................Bennett..........Klose...........................Olssen...............

........................Tetty......................................O''Neill......................................

Redmond.........................Naismith................................Brady.................

............................................Bamford............................................................

if Redmond still absolute carp, bring on Voo, Jarvis or Howson, and if we go behind, introduce Mbokani and Wes

[quote user="STAN"]Can''t understand why Howson is still an automatic starter for most? Poor defensively and offers very little going forward.

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Bassong Olsson

Tettey Vadis

Redmond Naismith Brady

Mbokani[/quote]

You don''t rate Howson (I guess you are judging him on his performances out wide) yet you''d play VOO in a defensive midfield position? Did you see him away at Bournemouth? Or were you just wanting to blame Martin for a cross coming in to the box despite the LB and LM overlapping and VOO being nowhere in sight?Howson played centrally is our best midfielder

It''s a game of opinions and personally I disagree, never been a fan of the Tettey/Howson pairing. It never has worked.