Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

For All The Armchair Experts.

They''ve tried before to not much success, obviously...making all the right noises to keep Sky and BT happy.People are now getting satellite and digital encoding devices that enable them to tune into Fox Sports and other channels that show the games so streams are soon not going to be the problem-will they then seek to block the signal coming, however it does, to peoples smart TV''s?Companies and individuals will find a way around it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The Premier League''s top brass are in talks with cyber-security companies to block illegal streaming of...www.90min.com[/quote]
Just had a look at that site and the first thing I saw was this......"​Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has urged calm among the club''s faithful

regarding the well documented uproar about rising ticket prices, â€‹the Mail reported.Large

sections of home support stormed out in flocks in the 77th minute,

protesting about the alleged new £77 matchday tickets
, and while Klopp

missed the game through appendicitis, he assured them changes ''everyone

can be happy with''."

I wonder if the people who "would go to games if tickets were cheaper" turned their streams off in support and solidarity? [^o)]

A few alternatives would be to use a p2p client to stream the footy, use tore, know doubt a darkweb site would stream it, or sign up to bpl pass in Thailand or New Zealand and used a VPN connection services to change your DNS location to either country.

Armchair experts...........or

People who can''t afford a ticket or live abroad or live in parts of the country they can''t practicably travel from. People who start work at 4 on a Saturday or indeed the vast majority of people who work in the service industry. People who are ill, or who care for the ill or look after children or elderly relatives on the weekend. People who are involved in amateur, school or youth football on the weekends. Policemen, the emergency services and the military. Families whose schedules just won''t allow attendance.

Most of the above would surely pay for a stream or service if they could - it will happen though and illegal streams will exist up to that point and beyond.

^^^ Indeed, but not everyone can or wants to. It''s my preference too but with tens of millions of people wanting to watch Premier League football every week and only a maximum of ten games to go to over every weekend, the people that manage the streams have realised there is a huge and untapped market out there for their custom.Some provider will make Fox Sports/Football available on a UK platform one day then all hell will break loose!

Going by what gets posted on here, there is no discernible difference between an armchair and a seat in a Carrow Road stand when it comes to the appropriateness of the epithet "expert" [;)]

The Premiers top brass are consulting top cyber security companys to stop illegal streaming? that is the funniest thing ive heard in a long time.I think the top cyber security experts are  more than busy enough already being involved with the never ending supply of hacking into banks, telephone / internet companys and government institutions than worry about football streaming.Another question is...just whats legal or illegal? If you live within the EU as we do, the absolutely enormous amount of beurocratic rules and regulations often confuse, clash and completely baffle even the nations that make all these rules, so cyber security firms  have a cat in hells chance to actually know whats actually right or wrong. Then theres  everything outside the EU, where many nations TV companys pay good money and proper contracts from the Premier to televise and stream footy games. Once these games are streamed onto the world wide internet, modern technology simply streams them into any home with the proper equipment and an internet connection.Lastly, streaming  technology such as Googles Android which pick up these sources are perfectly legal,  so theres not much Premier bosses can do. Indeed, id have thought them concentrating on how their teams are doing, what prices they charge at their ground etc would be more important issues for them.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]My way round it is to go to matches.[/quote]

Curious then how often you''re on here during or straight after a match......

[/quote]

NEVER HEARD OF A MOBILE PHONE ????

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]My way round it is to go to matches.[/quote]Curious then how often you''re on here during or straight after a match......[/quote]

NEVER HEARD OF A MOBILE PHONE ????[/quote]

Yes, thanks. No need to shout.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]My way round it is to go to matches.[/quote]Curious then how often you''re on here during or straight after a match......[/quote]

NEVER HEARD OF A MOBILE PHONE ????[/quote]

Yes, thanks. No need to shout.

[/quote]All that money for a ticket, and you spend most the game on your phone!  Madness, utter madness!!!  [;)]

Don''t knock the armchair fans til if they all start going you might struggle to get the match tickets you think you are entitled to!

Bloody hell the whining you did about the ipswich away playoff match I thought there was a stuka dive bombing raid going on 😂

They''ll never stop it - close one down & 3 more will pop up overnight.And if a 15 year old boy in Northern Ireland can hack into Talk Talk then they''ve got no chance.I''m sure the EU will have something to say about this - like why is it illegal, or not allowed, for a European citizen to watch a PL game live in the UK when EU citizens across the rest of Europe, and the World, can watch it legally.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Don''t knock the armchair fans til if they all start going you might struggle to get the match tickets you think you are entitled to!

Bloody hell the whining you did about the ipswich away playoff match I thought there was a stuka dive bombing raid going on 😂[/quote]I thought my season ticket and 15 away games might have been given me a head start to get one sparts but hey ho. [:P]

I wonder if the arm chair fans will make a surprise appearance at a game and hand out leaflets telling everyone how to behave.

And another thing - I''m currently in Portugal & therefore technically "not allowed" to watch BBC, ITV, C4, BBC iPlayer or listen to Radio Norfolk.In fact, 12 months ago all UK TV Channels were cut off from here when a new satellite was launched.It was pretty much the end of the World for expats living in Spain & Portugal.No worries though as it took about a week for someone to find ways round it.So I install a free VPN, that hides my ISP, into my browser or I connect an Android device to my TV & and hey presto, I can watch virtually any UK TV Channel that I want.

[quote user="Neil_MacLeod"]No requirement to have a VPN, Just log onto Filmon[/quote]Filmon is fine but you can''t get HD without paying & you can''t watch iPlayer, 4OD etc

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]My way round it is to go to matches.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, if only there was a way to access the Internet from a mobile device.

"All that money for a ticket, and you spend most the game on your phone! Madness, utter madness!!!"

Hah. I used to sit next to a fat family and when Norwich were losing, the fat lad would take out a portable video game and play it until his dad shouted "chance" or similar.

He must have been really good by the end of 2008-9.

Meanwhile, the wannabe Brian Clough on my left would just repeat "no, no, no young man" whenever a pass went astray.

It was hell.

[quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]My way round it is to go to matches.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, if only there was a way to access the Internet from a mobile device.[/quote]

In that is the case, what puzzles me is how you could watch a match at CR, see us win, then sit there just after the final whistle and post about "where are you" to missing posters on here.  Whatever floats your boat......

Looks like I''m the only mug who goes to the games and pays Sky to legally watch the other games then?

More seriously there has to be a point when Liverpool are still defending their decision to charge £77 for some seats despite the protest when 25% of the fans walked out. All this when the TV money is about to go through the roof, dwarfing gate receipts.

No wonder people are fighting back and finding ways of getting it for free. Illegal streaming is not right (imo) but it does make taking the moral high ground rather difficult when the clubs are behaving like greedy barstards

[quote user="im spartacus"]Don''t knock the armchair fans til if they all start going you might struggle to get the match tickets you think you are entitled to!

Bloody hell the whining you did about the ipswich away playoff match I thought there was a stuka dive bombing raid going on 😂[/quote]

One of the great pinkun flounces of all time