Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

So what do you want him to do??

I have seen so many people on this forum complaining about AN team selection.Yet when I look at everybody else''s guess,at what the team might be I really don''t see anything different. So my ???? Is what do you all want him to do? My suggestion is it''s the players,They need to just get out there and play like They can they have all done it before it''s not rocket science just get out there and play

I think Brady is our best left back so I''d play him there personally, with Jarvis ahead of him and Olsson on the bench. Can see the thinking in playing Howson wide away from home but would rather see an orthodox wide player on the right at home.

Keep Bassong & Klose to allow them to bulid up a relationship. I''d say the GK and RB positions are up for grabs and its two from three in central midfield (Howson, O''Neill, Mulumbu). Might be time to give Jerome a go up front and its either Naismith or Hoolahan behind him with either Naismith or Redmond wide right.

Very difficult to pick eleven who deserve to start ahead of others, nobody can moan really if they are dropped tomorrow.

See the footyexperts posts and you will see what he needs to do.

Quality players like Naismith need quality players around them and a key move is to move Brady into central midfield alongside Naismith NOT ON THE WING.

Brady has all the skills required for this position, he will be more of a threat going forward, provide better cover when defending and most importantly supply more energy into the flagging midfield area.

See Footyexpert Offers Guidance for all the details.

Playing players in the right positions, of course. But just stick with a settled side and don''t instantly drop people of fiddle around. Bennett went from being a first choice CB to out of the squad. Play our First XI week in week out and let the opposition worry about us rather than the other way round.

To easy to blame the players but if they are playing alongside different folk all the time, in and out of the team in the wrong position etc then its pretty hard to be at your best.

The other thing to look at potentially is the pre-match routine. Why do we start so slowly? Are our players pumped up enough? AN says they are Prem players who don''t need motivation- a slightly naïve view in my mind and all teams will benefit from being in the right frame of mind when they enter the pitch. Maybe they''re getting too much tartan pipes and drums to listen to in the dressing rooms.......

What he needs to do is make his mind up how he wants to play, pick the players he personally feels suit that formation and style and stick with it.

There will be forced changes but limit the unforced ones as far as possible and most of all make his mind up who the defenders should be and leave them alone so they can gain some understanding.

get the players playing with passion , desire and as a unit / team

fighting for every point attack from the first minute press highb up the pitch to win the ball back in the other teams half

basic stuff really !!

[quote user="Canaryfootyexpert"]See the footyexperts posts and you will see what he needs to do.

Quality players like Naismith need quality players around them and a key move is to move Brady into central midfield alongside Naismith NOT ON THE WING.

Brady has all the skills required for this position, he will be more of a threat going forward, provide better cover when defending and most importantly supply more energy into the flagging midfield area.

See Footyexpert Offers Guidance for all the details.[/quote]

Certain amount of irony when someone who calls themself ''footyexpert'' talks utter bollox.

F*ck it we might aswell but Ruddy upfront going by your logic.

show the players the Peterborough vs wba game and say you play with the passion like Peterborough did and chances are we stay up

but to be honest I dont think he can turn this round never known so many players out of form in a season

must be something wrong coaching / training/ tinkering /system / players dropped not seen again or even N but something is wrong somewhere not playing as a team

[quote user="Al Harrington"][quote user="Canaryfootyexpert"]See the footyexperts posts and you will see what he needs to do. Quality players like Naismith need quality players around them and a key move is to move Brady into central midfield alongside Naismith NOT ON THE WING. Brady has all the skills required for this position, he will be more of a threat going forward, provide better cover when defending and most importantly supply more energy into the flagging midfield area. See Footyexpert Offers Guidance for all the details.[/quote] Certain amount of irony when someone who calls themself ''footyexpert'' talks utter bollox. F*ck it we might aswell but Ruddy upfront going by your logic.[/quote]

So true, yet somehow when I opened the first post by "foot yexpert" I was not in the least surprised by the contents...

Fundamentally, I just want the players to be geed up for it - the line-up formation is obviously part of it but how many times this season have we started really slowly and only looked to dominate in the second half? We need to be ready from the off.

Tbh I''m less bothered about the personnel and tinkering, which only seems to be noticed when we''re losing - AN and his team see the players day in day out and surely are best placed to know who is/isn''t on form, who prefers to/plays best where (which may differ from our view as supporters) - they just need to make sure whoever is picked is ready and fired up for it.

I don''t know what I want him to do, and I don''t know what I would do in his position.

What I do know is that I want the right to use the benefit of hindsight to criticise every decision he makes which doesn''t come off.

Surely that is not an unreasonable approach?

Want him to look at vids of how the Leicesters and Watfords play, and look at their strengths, and ignore the weaknesses,then get his players into a similar set up, playing players in their best positions, then finally telling his players to go out and give 110%, but most of all, dont fear anything, dont fear going behind, just actually enjoy playing the game together, as a team.