Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Loud support does make a difference

Alex is right the fans can make a difference to the team spirit,I remember years ago bumping into Ken foggo in the city while shopping ,and he told me that when the support was heard from the players the whole team responded and he said it lifted the team .

I remember, some time ago, speaking to an old chap who was a Spurs supporter.

We got on to football and I mentioned my support of Norwich City.

He said he had been to Carrow Road once, the ''59 replay against Tottenham.

He still remembered the continuous noisy support of the home fans, calling it a ''once in a lifetime noise'' and then added, "When they kept singing that song of yours, ''On the Ball City'', I new our boys didn''t stand a chance." ie the Spurs team were put off their game by the noise, whilst our boys were encouraged enough to get one of the most famous victories in City''s history.

The old boy then started to sing the song. He still remembered it thirty years or so later.

The Nest used to be the loudest place on the planet on a Saturday afternoon. We need to replicate those good ol days.

It''s pretty obvious really, the louder you BOO the more dispirited the players feel so let''s give it a really big one when the ''ammers score their fifth.

In my view, there are only three times it is acceptable to boo:

1) half time

2) full time

3) when the current whipping boy''s name is read out in the line up

At all other times we should be like a pack of rabid, feral dogs barking at the moon.

Isn''t it ''Loud papyrus plasticky coated clappers'' wedged in your plastic pew today?......."Rackety rackety rackety rackety rack!".......

Relax the vocal chords and shake them wrists......"Rackety Rack!"

A council refuse/rubbish cleaners job creation scheme recovering the aftermath down Riverside and surrounding stadium exit routes. As post-game the "Rackety Racks" are with no intelligent thought and total disregard, dropped and strewn in gargantuan numbers - so nonchalantly by little caring brain-dead zoobs......Don''t yah love ''em...."Rackety Rack!"...."Rackety.....RaaaaaaaaacccccKKKK!"

No Voice Required......