Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Stick with Neil

Very very disappointing to have another Liverpool-type result but for those of you calling for Neil''s head; I just don''t see a managerial change working to be honest.

He''s set us up well enough to go 2 goals up in games twice during this baron run. Had we won those we''d have 6 points over the 6 games - if the players can''t close out a 2 goal lead at home then I believe it to be a mental fragility in the team, not something a new manager would solve, certainly not in the short space of time required. We were reasonably solid at the back for the most part of this game and even the Liverpool game.

These sudden capitulations are exactly that, sudden. West Ham went from 2-0 down and not looking like scoring 2-0 down, to 2-2 in the space of 3 minutes.. Neil must be up in arms at our self-destructive nature. I see it as similar to how Arsenal bottle almost every chance they get to secure a lead at the top of the table.

Let''s face it, we''ve been making notably-sloppy mistakes in the prem since our first year up under Lambert and look at our squad compared to the others, I can''t pick out 3 worse teams than us on paper in the league.

Most of us were happy with the team today and there''s no way anyone on here can doubt the level of effort from the players, so what do we get from sacking the manager? We won''t gain better players and we''ll still make the same mistakes.

I would still like us to stick with Neil even if we go down, providing players remain committed. Letting go one of the brightest young managers in English football is a much bigger risk than hoping we''ll scrape it up this season with a new coach IMO.

Although today feels like a loss, it wasn''t, and hopefully the positivity from the early phases of the second half can be carried over to the next game.

Sticking with Neil is our best bet. With Tettey to come back in we should be able to see out those types of games at home. If only Klose had got to that ball before Moses.........such fine margins but I feel after today we are heading in the right direction, Actually, there were no glaring individual errors for once. Onwards and upwards.

I expected West Ham to win comfortably today. So I see it as a point gained.It''s the defeats to the likes of Villa and Bournemouth that are hurting us.However, as a team we can''t defend for toffee at the moment. Hopefully getting Tettey back in the middle alongside O''Neil will bring back some much needed solidity.

As the game turned out - it''s a poor point for us but on the basis of the quality of our players against the quality of their players - it''s a poor point for them, especially as they see themselves as Billy Big B*ll0cks these days.

..... and get relegated.I don''t see much, if any evidence of this bright young manager.  We keep making the same mistakes, no evidence of Neil learning, a possible fitness issue - last 20 minutes, seemingly ongoing.  So many players apparently off form and making individual errors, what is the reason for this, is it all the players fault?

Team is fragile and without confidence against tired and depleted w ham.

I can bet we will not win single game with this confidence till end of season with this coach.

But Im sure AN will not be changed.

Most happy with the team today?...err how do you conclude that?..nothing...absolutely nothing, basically changed from last week, or the week before that, or from 6 months ago. Same old, same old. This manager is completely incapable of changing anything. Brady at left back, Martin and Bassong in defence, even after all the downward spiralling Alex Neil simply has no clue. Today no Bamford either. The majority of our failings come from the manager. The players did their best today, some like Howson , put in a really good shift. Stick with this manager, as the board will likely do, and its bad times for City. Once we are relegated, i fear a mass exodus of the best players, Redders, Brady, etc etc, and left with the ones who really arent good enough, Martin, Bassong etc.We need a new manager, this is the 1st time ive called for that. 26 games is more than long enough to know when a system isnt working and when certain players are not good enough. After relegation i also fear for us next season now. Im not even angry, or upset just apathetic, which is worst of all.

I want him to stay - even if we do go down.

I can''t understand how we manage to fold like a pack of cards though. We went from comfortably leading to a Sunday pub team in 5 minutes.

Ok we stick with Neil, but barring relying on other teams to do the job for us we will go down. It''s the best of a bad job in my opinion.There is a soft gutless under-belly at this club that will not go away but I can''t actually blame Neil for that.He made on paper what was a great substitution in bringing on Olsson and pushing Brady forward. Sadly Olsson was so lightweight and useless it was untrue.Klose got a harsh lesson in English football against Carrol, but he won''t be here next season anyway.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]The quality of their subs are vastly different to ours, to be fair.[/quote]

It''s still his job to react to them. He doesnt

I dunno why you''re complaining about Brady at left back, Olsson hardly looked convincing when he came on and was shoved off the ball more often than not.
West Ham today looked bigger, stronger, quicker and more skillful than us for much of the game, yet we matched them the first half and took a 2 goal lead in the second. Yes it''s gutting that we bottled it in the end, but the performance up to that point was down to the way the manager set up the team.
Neil is doing the best he can with the squad he''s got and I don''t see how sacking him now is going to make things better.

Big Sam will keep Sunderland up because he is a good manager , we will go down because Neil is not . Why are people so desperate to cling onto a failing manager ? hes a poor mans Gordon Strachan .

We should have sacked him upon promotion and got in a proper manager. What''s frightening is that we''ll probably have this muppet flushing our parachute money down the toilet for the next two years.

[quote user="juicy plams"]We should have sacked him upon promotion and got in a proper manager.[/quote]
Who do you think we could have gotten instead though? Ranieri was available, but do you seriously think he''d have chosen us over Leicester if we''d approached him?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Big Sam will keep Sunderland up because he is a good manager , we will go down because Neil is not . Why are people so desperate to cling onto a failing manager ? hes a poor mans Gordon Strachan .[/quote]The consensus amongst fans seems to be we keep him because there isn''t anyone better, at least who we could afford. That''s not a great way to run a club but it is the reality.On the strength of today''s performance, the blame lays solely on the players.