Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Ifs n ands n pots and pans!

I wonder what the feelings would be on this board if we had gone two nil down and rescued a draw, and I know it didn''t pan out that way, but what if!

We''d be fairly pleased obviously. But rather than gaining 1 point from 0, we gained 1 point from a position of having secured 3. I''m not really sure why you''re wondering this, surely it''s not that hard to work out. 
If you lose a quid and then find a fiver, you''re pleased. If you lose a tenner and then find a fiver then you''re still a fiver down on what you had so obviously less pleased..

KIO,

These thoughts come into my head occasionally, mind you where else would they appear? Bottom line is a draw against a top 6 team is a decent result, although I agree the nature of it was a little disappointing. That said if we''re going to press high then these things happen. Overall it was imo a far better performance and I think we should stick at it.

Agreed Ray. There was one big negative today, after last weeks game.

Lots of positives, and, like has been said, a draw against a top 6 side, accompanied by a dominant performance, would have been beyond most of us who were at Villa Park. Bournemouth (higher than us) lost at home to Stoke (lower than West Ham) , which, others may not have predicted, so lots to take heart from.