Was wondering about Thorne. Went and looked up various stats on soccerbase... goals per game ratio for some players:

Thorne 0.37
Ashton 0.39
McKenzie 0.31
Iwan 0.31
Sven 0.25
Forster (by comparison) 0.31

All mostly at CCC level.

So on that basis Thorne is a decent player, and certainly good enough as backup for McKenzie and Ashton while we try and get out of this division.

Yes, he sounds pretty good doesnt he. He scored 12 goals last year and 13 the year before, so he''s probably better than Matty Svensson. He didn''t cost a penny either. Keep finding players like this, Nigel, and we should be ok.

at first i was really shocked we got someone so old but he''s meant to be good all you can do is give him a chance and hes experienced too

he sounds a promising striker!

but surely he will just be back-up?

A reporter mate of mine who gave me the tip this morning .said   "Thorney will do the biz for you. He''s a top bloke as well as a top footballer. And a great mate of mine....."

I think the stats speak for themselves. I agree with other posters in this thread. He will do us proud in the Fizzy league. I think he''s a better prospectus than Svensson.

Welcome to Carrow Road !

Agree with you for sure. He'''' be third choice, but given a chance i can see him scoring 10+ goals. On a free as well, so top marks to worthy

He''s been signed to warm the bench, like Svenno last season. No problem. However, does he have the ability to do something to turn a game, like Svenno did with his winner against Charlton? Couple of years ago, yes, but not so sure now. Still, let''s look forward to finding out; bring on Coventry!