Sign in to follow this  
AJ

NCFC vs Wet Spam Match Thread

[quote user="Jan Van Borsburg"]Oh well.

The players struggled noticeably in the last 20. I wonder if there is a fitness issue there. It was almost like we hit the wall.[/quote]Yes, there is something going on, nothing appears to be changing.  Are they looking at it, are they trying to address it.  So annoying!  [:@]

Two points lost but it could have been worse. We have to take something positive from games to build confidence and that has to be that we didn''t fold this time.

West Ham have a very good squad. They are no mugs. I thought we did ok but shame to let a lead slip again.

Howson worked his socks off.

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]Correction. By more than 2 goals.[/quote]Good luck with that one.  Not even sure Chelsea will field a full strength team.  They''re away at PSG in the week.

I think fitness is the issue. The stamina levels of most PL players is phenomenal nowadays, & we haven''t got any that can compete on that level (perhaps Tettey).

Given that most teams also have better players than us, we have to go at it hammer & tongs to get anywhere at all - as we did today. So our problem is compounded, & we then run out of steam some time in the second half. Bilic had the subs to run us ragged just when we were most vulnerable.

AN needs to have a plan for subs, & only change it if absolutely necessary. It might just help contain the opposition a bit longer.

Once again we were great until we got into a winning position! Once again, a lack of tactical nous shown. Get the ball sticking up front and drawing fouls, frustrating them, play acting whatever it takes to slow it down etc. We lack the guile to win a game. Our subs were reactive and too late. I would''ve subbed Hooly and Redders for Mbok and Dorrans as soon as it went 2-0.

Having said that, Klose looked to have been fouled in the run up to their first.

On the whole, I''m a bit more encouraged by that, Still think we have it in us. Would be typical Norwich, lose to Villa, win at Leicester!

Odd thing to say, but the moment we went 2-0 up you could see it coming. Norwich got complacent and sat back. West Ham had nothing to lose and threw everyone forward. By the end we were lucky to draw.These players need tension in a game in order to stay focused. Why, god only knows. But if we''d kept it at 1-0 we might have ground out a win. How strange this season has become.

When West Ham went 4-2-4 why on earth didn''t we introduce Pinto outside Russell Martin to shore up with 5 at the back? With wave after wave of opposition attacks we were totally outgunned with their 4 invigorated front men vs our 4 disturbed defenders. It was only a matter of time before we gave the game away and we duly obliged. So avoidable!

I like the idea of Pinto coming on outside a central 3, but not sure who would have made way to create a back 5 without inviting yet more pressure onto us.

[quote user="Hughtonanny"]

Having said that, Klose looked to have been fouled in the run up to their first.

![/quote]

Nope, just fell to the ground after getting stripped and beaten like a donkey.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Odd thing to say, but the moment we went 2-0 up you could see it coming. Norwich got complacent and sat back. West Ham had nothing to lose and threw everyone forward. By the end we were lucky to draw.These players need tension in a game in order to stay focused. Why, god only knows. But if we''d kept it at 1-0 we might have ground out a win. How strange this season has become.[/quote]

The bit about sitting back just isn;t true though- the reason Moses was able to get in behind was the fact our entire team was in the West Ham half when the ball broke. We actually didn''t sit back enough.